South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

July 13, 2015

By AlfredNewman,MD

I recently had a family member stay for 90 somedays. The patient could not walk was in mobile. The staff would change as needed if it fit the workers schedule not the patient. When I could visit the patient was often in times sitting in their own urine and number 2. When ask how long you been sitting or lying in bed, the answer was for hours. Some sfaff members are nice and caring, and the others are there for a paycheck. The patient needs did not fit there schedule. Each shift has its own employees, so nights and late nights not enough to work the size of there facility's. When you ask the late night staff questions about where they did there schooling, no good answers that make sense. Often, they work others jobs and different facility's but they don't say where. So, put 2and2 together. Late staff like to put patients to bed and staff take a nap maybe. And how about the midnight shift? The rehab facility has a big communication issue with there staff employees and social worker. My friend is still having issues since the facility did their discharge. Very sad that our tax dollars are being wasted like this.

October 25, 2013

By old cars

I wish with all my heart that I could give this home a 5 star, but I can't. The admission process was wonderful, the financail administrator was of trememdous help. Yes, there were nurse's there that really cared. But, the overall care was not what it should be. I would come in to a dirty spouse, no drinks, just personal neglent. We spoke with the nurses and the aides, we spoke to the Administrators, the social worker, the nursing supervisors...all with the promise of they would look into it. I finally and sadly decided to relocate my husband after of 4 days of telling them he had a urinary track infection and needed medication. The day we were picking him up, I entered his room and he was non-reponsive. I ran to the nurse's station and asked them to call 911, they called the administraor instead. I was told I had to call on my own, they would not let me use the phone and I had no phone. I ran down the hall to Admissions, ask them to call or let me use the phone to call, she also called the administrator. She looked at me sadly and said she was sorry, I would have to call on my own. Thankfully, my daughter came thru the door and called 911. We went to the emergency room, I thought they would give him medicine, rehydrate him and in a day or so send him to the new facility. The Doctor told us because the infection from his urinary track was so bad...they could not due surgery to repair a tear in his intestine. Although the tear was not caused by the 2 broken ribs, or the bumps on his head, I feel that the neglent contributed to this, my beloved husband died the next day. so I give it a 1 star and ask that any home you put a family member into, you should be there to moniter thier care.

April 12, 2013

By agape girl

I received excellent care and rehab when I had a stroke. I had a private room and would recommend it for my friends.

April 13, 2012

By MissingAnAngel

South River Nursing and Rehabilitation Center serves as a nursing home, assisted living facility, and Hospice home for the terminally ill. The reason for my visits were to visit my aunt as she was battling cancer. She needed around the clock nurses to help her attempt to beat the illness and unfortunately her family could not provide that at the time. One of the reasons I put this nursing home in such high regards is the fact that they accepted her into the program even though financially we were all incapable of covering the costs. They actually cared to see her make improvements, it was not just about money to them, and that meant a lot to us all. The grounds are beautiful both inside and out, with a colorful and inviting garden in the front that makes visitors and patients feel welcome. Instead of looking like a medical facility, it looks more like a large house that has been very well cared for. They even have a sizable deck on the back of the house with a grill, patio furniture, and garden waterfall. The landscaping was clearly designed with the intentions of providing a quiet, peaceful place for the patients to heal. They allowed her to have her own room, which was quite large and had full cable t.v., a large window, and seating for her guests. The nurses took impeccable care of her; even when she was not able to bathe herself any longer they made sure she maintained her hygiene regularly. Because of an intestinal blockage caused by the cancer and lack of appetite, there were times when she couldn't/wouldn't eat food. Her nurse would make numerous attempts at finding small things she could digest and would enjoy just to make her comfortable. They even allowed us to throw her a small birthday party, giving us full access to the back deck, kitchen, and common living room. Her nurse even bought her a few small nicknacks to liven up her room, and surprised her with circus peanuts, which has always been her favorite candy. They provided her with top notch care, and they fought for her recovery just as hard as the people who were her own blood. When finally came time for her to be with God, they made it a point to contact the family, offered her religious rites of passage, and consoled those of us who just couldn't bear to see another loved one pass. It was a wonderful facility, and even though I hope to never have reason to see another loved one need nursing assistance, if it happens, I hope that South River Health will be there just as they were for my Aunt.

Services and Amenities of South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

South River Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Edgewater, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact South River Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of South River Health and Rehabilitation Center