South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

April 12, 2013

By agape girl

I received excellent care and rehab when I had a stroke. I had a private room and would recommend it for my friends.

April 13, 2012

By MissingAnAngel

South River Nursing and Rehabilitation Center serves as a nursing home, assisted living facility, and Hospice home for the terminally ill. The reason for my visits were to visit my aunt as she was battling cancer. She needed around the clock nurses to help her attempt to beat the illness and unfortunately her family could not provide that at the time. One of the reasons I put this nursing home in such high regards is the fact that they accepted her into the program even though financially we were all incapable of covering the costs. They actually cared to see her make improvements, it was not just about money to them, and that meant a lot to us all. The grounds are beautiful both inside and out, with a colorful and inviting garden in the front that makes visitors and patients feel welcome. Instead of looking like a medical facility, it looks more like a large house that has been very well cared for. They even have a sizable deck on the back of the house with a grill, patio furniture, and garden waterfall. The landscaping was clearly designed with the intentions of providing a quiet, peaceful place for the patients to heal. They allowed her to have her own room, which was quite large and had full cable t.v., a large window, and seating for her guests. The nurses took impeccable care of her; even when she was not able to bathe herself any longer they made sure she maintained her hygiene regularly. Because of an intestinal blockage caused by the cancer and lack of appetite, there were times when she couldn't/wouldn't eat food. Her nurse would make numerous attempts at finding small things she could digest and would enjoy just to make her comfortable. They even allowed us to throw her a small birthday party, giving us full access to the back deck, kitchen, and common living room. Her nurse even bought her a few small nicknacks to liven up her room, and surprised her with circus peanuts, which has always been her favorite candy. They provided her with top notch care, and they fought for her recovery just as hard as the people who were her own blood. When finally came time for her to be with God, they made it a point to contact the family, offered her religious rites of passage, and consoled those of us who just couldn't bear to see another loved one pass. It was a wonderful facility, and even though I hope to never have reason to see another loved one need nursing assistance, if it happens, I hope that South River Health will be there just as they were for my Aunt.

About South River Health and Rehabilitation Center

South River Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Edgewater, Maryland that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact South River Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of South River Health and Rehabilitation Center