Colonial Oaks Living Center

Assisted Living Reviews for Colonial Oaks Living Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Colonial Oaks Living Center

September 29, 2016

By E.A

My husband is staying right now at Colonial Oaks. I don’t recommend this place to anyone. They told me that they only have 15 beds, and I don’t think so. They have more than that, and I thought that he would get the attention that he needed, and it takes an act of Congress to get them to do the things that I needed the most for him. The supervisor was nice. There was one time that I got the chance to talk to her because he wasn’t getting any response when he calls. The bathroom is spacious, but the rooms could be a little larger because they accommodate 2 people.

October 27, 2015

I looked at Colonial Oaks for my husband. It is a nursing home/rehab. I didn't get very far, because they were booked. I have since learned that they are the very best place. They have 10-person waiting list. The facility was very clean. The rehab area might be a 3, but everything else seemed to be at least a 4. They have a very bright, helpful staff, and they seemed to be a 5. The rooms seemed nice. They seemed to have nice furniture. It was much more cheerful. It had a more homey atmosphere, but not like old home atmosphere. The facility is in a good location. It is very visitor-friendly.

May 26, 2015

By Susan111462350

I know my mother-in-law has fallen twice when they tried to get her up to go to the bathroom, and they sent her over to the hospital and had her checked over there. And another time, she tried to get up -- she shouldn't be getting up because she has fallen and hit her head a couple of times -- and they sent her to the hospital. She got upset with the people because they were trying to manhandle her, put her back in her chair or something, and she hit one and punched one, so they sent her to the mental hospital for a week. I don't know if that is normal with somebody with dementia or not. She is in a room with two other people. As far as I know, yes, I would recommend it. The only thing that I have found -- which I guess most of them are like that anywhere -- is that when she would buzz them to come help her to the bathroom, they are very slow to get to her, and that's really the only complaint that I would have about Colonial Oaks.

November 16, 2011

By Kazootles64

I visit this facility a number of times through the year to bring or pickup a relative volunteer who has worked there for a number of years. My experience with this facility is favorable. My relative loves working with the patients, and visiting them. There are always a fair share of them enjoying the cool weather in the courtyard on grounds, and the staff is always more than willing to be helpful and efficient in facilitating requests. The staff organizes events and activities for the patients, and sees to their nourishment and comfort. As with all nursing homes there's a particular scent that may cause one to wrinkle their noses, but it's otherwise easily overlooked when it comes to the stellar care of the facilities and patients. The living center is also across the street from the major hospital of that area, so patients' relatives are rest assured that should anything happen their elderly relatives will be well cared for.

Services and Amenities of Colonial Oaks Living Center

• Overall:
  • Medicare Provider Number: 195536
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Colonial Oaks Living Center

Colonial Oaks Living Center is a senior living provider in Metairie, Louisiana that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Colonial Oaks Living Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Colonial Oaks Living Center