Sunrise at Siegen

9351 Siegen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70810
Sunrise at Siegen (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 225 days

Please ask about our special incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise at Siegen

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at Siegen

February 04, 2018

By Opal

Sunrise at Siegen was very good, but it only had assisted living and no nursing home. When I move, I don't want to move again, but it's OK if I change rooms. My visit was great. The staff took us around and showed us all sorts of rooms that were really neat. The rooms were great, comfortable, and spacious. The people working and the people living there were all friendly. It was really great. The staff member was wonderful, very willing to show us anything we asked, and was not pushy. She wanted to show us their good points and they had a lot of them. She was well qualified for her job. It's a beautiful facility.

August 21, 2017

By June

I liked Sunrise at Siegen, but it didn’t have independent living. There was live entertainment going on while I was there. I saw many residents who all seemed to be enjoying themselves. The whole place was clean and nice. I saw one of the units that was very nicely laid out, clean, and looked really good.

January 06, 2017

By Richard801153

We chose Sunrise for my mom, and things are going well. The buildings, cleanliness, and staff are a positive. The two gentlemen are very helpful. They had a single room available wherein she got to bring her own furniture, so she has all of her things there. The room is very nice and very modern. My mom is very happy there.

January 29, 2016

By Anonymous119019450

We’ve moved my mother into Sunrise at Siegen. I thought it was a lovely place, and I was really impressed. Everyone was really nice. It’s a great place.

December 21, 2015

By Dawn37

At Sunrise at Siegen, the staff-to-resident ratio was much greater, and my dad needed more attention than what they could offer. The place was nice, clean, and cheerful. The atmosphere was very pleasant.

November 24, 2015

My mother was living at Sunrise at Siegen. It was a brand-new facility, and they were very good. They had a woman manager who was very good and worked with us. The people that worked there were outstanding; however, a new manager came in, and he was the most horrible person to work with. At the end, I was very dissatisfied with this facility -- not with the services that they were doing but with the management. My main concern was the manager. He would promise you things but never go through with them. They need to bring a manager in there who can work better with the families. When the director tells you he is going to do something, you expect to have it followed through with, but he wouldn’t do that. I had to do a lot myself, and I started going there every day to check on her. However, the people that took care of my mother were exceptional. My mother’s caretakers were very good; it was just the manager who was bad.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so we can better understand your concerns.

September 17, 2015

By Caring110862050

We also visited Sunrise at Siegen. It had a very comfortable homelike feeling. The staff was very professional. One thing that impressed me about Sunrise at Siegen was that they had a receptionist or a lady answering the phone who was a little older herself. She was close in age to the residents. It impressed me because most of the people who worked there were relatively young. So, it was kind of nice that they had somebody a little bit older also working there.

September 12, 2014

We went and saw Sunrise at Siegen. When I walked up to the building, my overall impression was, it was new, modern, and clean. It looked like it was a nice environment. There was a receptionist right up the front who was very friendly. She heard my story about my son. She told me about the facility. However, she never got back with me to let me know if they would actually take him or not at that age. So, I didn’t push it any further. She did offer, but I didn’t try to go on and see the room or anything. I noticed friendly residents sitting on the front porch. Some of the ladies were sitting and busy chatting.There were residents out of their rooms in little groups. It was probably a little late in the afternoon, so I was thinking they were having afternoon coffee. I heard them laughing and talking. So, it seemed like a nice group home. They had two dogs there. It seemed to be a very good idea to have some friendly dogs to pet. I thought that was warm and friendly. I tried to step out off the patio, but the alarm went off. To me, they should have free access to it. However, my situation is that my son is only 33 with memory illness. So, it is kind of hard to find a place that would take that young a person. However, they never called me back to tell me if they would take a 33-year-old. They seemed to be not in hurry to have this kind of unusual person in their place because they had a full house.

April 02, 2012

By delisa0715

I popped into this assisted living facility on a rainy weekday afternoon, without an appointment. I could grab 30 minutes out of my day to go and check them out. Feeling overwhelmed, I grabbed at the notion that my life could become more manageable. With the weather outside so deary, I found the inside of the facility buzzing with activities and cheer. I so wished I had made this visit five years ago. My mother has been in my home with little stimulation for five years. The last three years with 24 hour care. Even the best caregivers could pass away from boredom. My mom is now at a stage where I think that it is now worth the agony of making the adjustment to a new facility. But how I wish I had investigated other options earlier. She could have had others around her to talk to with her interests. She could have gone to the regular art classes. She could have led the art classes. I had the notion that all "old age homes" were the same. There were residents all over the place engaged in different activities. What was even more impressive was the social worker that was bringing me on the tour got off the elevator and recognized in just a minute that Ms. "Smith" didn't have her walker. She immediately told someone to go get a walker for Ms. Smith. This home has 86-90 residents. There were things in my own home with my own mom that I would forget and couldn't keep on hand (a cane for instance). All potential caregivers - take note - all facilities are not the same. Don't assume if you visit 5 that the 6th one will be a desolete, depressing place. Investigate all your options - you owe it to yourself and your loved one!

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise at Siegen

Questions about Sunrise at Siegen

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our staff has annual dementia care training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise at Siegen. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age 85

What programs or activities does Sunrise at Siegen offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming takes a holistic approach to wellness, offering a variety of enriching activities that nurture the mind, body, and spirit through eight focus areas: exercise, excursions, art, music, education, intergenerational mentoring, community service, and spirituality.

What places are near Sunrise at Siegen or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Located near many restaurants and shopping areas. Perkins Rowe is located within a mile of the community. Theater, shopping, gym, and restaurants are all in that area.

What transportation services does Sunrise at Siegen offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to doctors appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Other transport can be scheduled for errands, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise at Siegen exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Chef is Culinary trained and has 15+ years experience with Sunrise Senior Living. We work with a dietician to achieve healthy, well balanced meals for our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise at Siegen offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents safety is a big concern. All of our exit doors are secure and require a code access.

How does Sunrise at Siegen keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our Executive Director sends weekly emails to our families with updates.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise at Siegen during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is based on the acuity of our community.

If Sunrise at Siegen accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives annual training and state-required dementia care training.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise at Siegen provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secure memory care neighborhood within our assisted living.

Is Sunrise at Siegen affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We do have a medical director who sees residents in our community. If more assistance is needed the plan of care can be discussed with the family, team, and medical director to come up with a plan.

Photos of Sunrise at Siegen