Morningside Place

Reviews of Morningside Place

Memory Care Reviews for Morningside Place

January 26, 2017

By Jennifer272322

Morningside was more like a nursing home than a community or assisted living place. The staff was very nice and welcoming. The rooms were a little small. They had three meals a day, and the dining area was basic, but it was under renovation.

August 15, 2016

By Caringfamily01235

Beautiful building with caring professionals right next to my home! I feel so blessed to have stumbled across Morningside Place!

By Alvin7

Cypress Springs was a very nice facility. The lady who I spoke and took me on a tour was very nice. It was too expensive to live there, though. The people were very nice, too. The rooms were of a good size and included one- and two-person rooms.

By Caring FriendXSSVB

I had an amazing visit at Cypress Springs. They were very friendly, very clean, and very well educated. The residents were playing bingo when I got there and winning prizes. It was very interesting to see how they handled that, and it went very well. The rooms were nice, clean, and were what I expected to see for the prices that they had. The dining area was like any other common area. What stood out was mostly the staff.

May 10, 2016

We chose Cypress Springs Overland Park because they kept calling me and none of the others followed up as well as they did, so we did not visit any others. My husband just moved in, and my initial impression was that they have a lot of activities for their residents, but now I see that they don't really have as much as I had hoped for. I am not complaining, but it isn't what I expected. They have nice people and nice attendants, but he hasn't really integrated well yet. His room is small, and we have not moved his furniture in because I have a month to decide whether he will stay there or move him back to the other place. The only reason I am not giving them a perfect rating is because they lack activities.

March 30, 2016

By Deb39

The staff is great, knowledgeable and supportive. The facility is clean and bright. We are very happy with our choice of Cypress Springs for our loved one.

January 31, 2016

By F. and F.

Wonderful everyone. People or like they say a family that you could really see and feel. Thank you Caring.com for helping us.

September 30, 2015

The care at Cypress Springs went fine; the staff was good. It was always clean with a nice yard. I think it’s a good place from what I’ve seen. It’s a small place; it’s only one floor. They have pretty good activities; my husband went on one field trip. I would recommend it, but people have to look or visit because it’s not a big building.

April 29, 2015

By Geoff & Brenda

My mom is happy when we visit. She was also an exit seeker at other facility and they have been able to keep that under control.

December 18, 2014

By vandyman

We brought our mother from another retirement home four months ago because their treatment of her dementia of stage 3 , unable to give her proper care, She appeared over medication and near death. Even though Hospice as been provided, she seems to have revived from their care. They have a Great attitude,willingness to work with all family needs-such as not over medicating,and respecting the lives of our loved ones.I plan to write more reviews as life progresses with our mother.

October 26, 2014

By Leesa1

I took my husband to live here with severe dementia. They could not handle him and I had me stay with him the first night and had me come stay with him 5 days in a row. He attacked the administrator and she called the police. REALLY! Sent him by ambulance to hospital. They have a beautiful facility but are not trained or experienced enough to handle dementia or Alzheimer's. I have since moved him to a different care facility. It's not as fancy but care is superior. Also Cypress charged me the full month even tho he was only there less than 1week. And threatened me they could charge me for the next month. Unprofessional, poorly trained, inept staff and management.

August 27, 2013

By Carol49

Cypress Springs is a new facility. It is also very nice and of good size. At that time of my visit there, they only had like 18 people living there because they had just finished building not too long before that. Their staff members were very friendly. They offered right away to do an assessment that day when we visited and they were very nice. They just didn't have a staff at that point in time for the care that my sister-in-law needed.
See all Memory Care reviews (20) See fewer reviews

• Financial Aid

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: N046083

About Morningside Place

Morningside Place is a senior housing community in Overland Park, KS. Morningside Place offers a distinctive memory care program developed by Anthem Memory Care which is based on engaging residents in past routines and preferences created by them prior to the illness. Morningside Place has six eating opportunities a day to ensure proper nutrition and hydration while honoring personal preferences. They understand the challenges families face when making the decision to place a loved one and have programs designed with them in mind, such as support groups and educational presentations. Their exclusive Meaningful Moments program is specifically designed to help meet the needs of those residents with memory loss by building comfort and a sense of meaning for each resident individually through adding details from their life stories into their day, which creates familiarity for residents at Morningside Place. The result is an atmosphere that feels like home.

Map of Morningside Place