Oak Trace

Nursing Home Reviews for Oak Trace

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Oak Trace

May 26, 2015

By Bren3

We decided to keep mom at Oak Trace, and she has been there for seven years now. It's a very caring community. The staff treats the residents like they are a family member, not just a place to work, and that to me is very important. They showed her around when she first arrived and made sure that she got the activities so they would know what she might like to do and that she didn't just stay in her room. Their meals are much better than most institutional meals. It's a sit down meal, and they provide something that looks good and tastes good. They do a great job. They have lots of activities for the residents. They take them out to restaurants and the pier; they go out on their bus, see the Christmas lights in the neighboring areas, the bowling alley, an airplane museum, and the aquarium. They try to get them out as much as possible. Mother is now in a more contained unit because her memory is failing. Oak Trace is a complete life community. You can go from being extremely independent to needing as much care as you need. They have homes, apartments, assisted living, a memory unit, and a nursing home.

September 25, 2014

One of the facilities we visisted was Oak Trace. My aunt liked it because it was a buy-in. It also had all levels of care. What we liked most about it was the dialysis on site. We ate there and the food was good. The rooms were a little small, but they were nice. The people working there seemed good. My aunt visited the place several times because she really loved it.

May 20, 2014

By James81850750

The only facility we visited was Oak Trace. They had very spacious rooms, very nice dining facilities, a lot of different variety of activities for the residents. The staff was very cordial, very helpful, and answered any questions we had, making sure that we were satisfied with the answers that we got. She introduced us to another couple, and they took us around and showed us their apartment. She did a lot to make it very comfortable for us. The two or three rooms that we saw were very quaint, very spacious, and very minimal.

April 25, 2014

By Barbara82789350

Mom is at Oak Trace. Her room is very nice: nice crown molding and wonderful wardrobes. The staff has been quite good. They really try to cater to their needs. They have been very good about communicating. Yesterday, they had a little jelly bean thing going for the season, and then they served coffee and cookies for free. Today, there’s a voice recital and a choral group coming in to give concerts. They have speakers come in. They’re pretty active.

November 30, 2013

By Caring72102050

I had found an absolutely fabulous place called Oak Trace. They had nice rooms and I was looking for a studio unit and they lady showed me a studio big enough for a bed, a chair, a TV and a little desk. It had it own bathroom. They even had entertainment the day I was there. They had lots of activities. They took them all over the place. They had a beautiful chapel there. I saw one menu and they had five entrees to choose from. You could go out and walk. It was a large area. They had private homes, independent, assisted and they had a floor for skilled care.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Oak Trace

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2019

About Oak Trace

Oak Trace is a senior living provider in Downers Grove, Illinois that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Oak Trace for more details on services and rates.

Map of Oak Trace