Oak Trace

Nursing Home Reviews for Oak Trace

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Oak Trace

July 08, 2020

By Virginia Mihalik

As a resident of almost 5 years, I have no complaints about Oak Trace. I would like to compliment the administration for the proactive response to the Covid Pandemic. Due to their diligence, all of the residents have stayed healthy. Oak Trace has been a wonderful place to make great friends, enjoy the many activities, and feel very well taken care of!

Happy five years, Virginia! It's exciting to hear how happy and engaged you are as you approach this milestone. The pandemic is a bump in the road that none of us expected, but keeping you and your peers safe is a top priority as always. Glad we're having such a positive impact on you during this challenging time. We're confident we'll persevere through this and are looking forward to many more years of great memories together. Thank you so much for the five-star review.

June 10, 2020

By Lory Maday

I have been a resident of Oak Trace for nearly a year, and have been very happy here! I enjoy walking around the beautifully-maintained 40-acre campus, which provides a peaceful and safe surrounding. And the services offered to us – from the delicious meals to the abundant variety of activities – are nothing short of spectacular. However, the best thing about residing at Oak Trace are the people – both residents and staff. I’ve made some wonderful friends here, and so thankful for the friendly and helpful employees that serve us each day. From day one, I felt I had made the right choice!

It's been such a joy to have you as part of the Oak Trace family, Lory. We can't believe it's almost been a year since you joined us! In that time, it sounds like you've taken full advantage of many of our amenities and services, but most importantly, connected with other truly amazing residents and team members who live and work in our community. We're delighted you feel so comfortable here and can't wait to see how you continue to grow and thrive. If there's anything we can do to better support you, please don't hesitate to let any of our leadership team know.

May 21, 2020

By Amanda Stewart 1

I love living at Oak Trace! Being a new resident, the staff members & residents have made my moving transition so smooth & easy. With Coronavirus going on, the team members have gone above & beyond their duties to make sure I am cared for and still engaged in programming. There are wonderful physical activities to do through the Oak Trace cable channels to participate in (especially since the fitness room is closed due to the virus precautions). Having all the walking paths is a big plus to both my physical/emotional needs. Because the residents are so friendly and outgoing, it has helped a new resident like me to emotionally adapt to the new environment. Five star ratings for every department.

Amanda, we couldn't be happier with how smooth your transition has been despite COVID-19. While our top priority is to keep everyone safe, our team also remains focused on keeping residents engaged. Your experience is a testament to the fact that it's still very much possible to enjoy life to the fullest and we appreciate you taking the time to share it. If there's anything we can do to make your experience even more stellar, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you so much!

May 08, 2020

By Dave Jones

My wife, Ann, and I moved to Oak Trace in 2010. We feel very blessed and fortunate to be living at Oak Trace over the past 10 years. Throughout this pandemic, the Oak Trace administration and staff have been very cautious and careful and watchful for all of us. As with everyone in most places we are on “lock down” -- meals are delivered to our rooms at our requested times, and masks are always worn by staff and encouraged by residents when out of our apartments. While all programs -- which in “normal time” are very extensive in entertainment, inspiration and education – are now cancelled, the Oak Trace in-house TV brings programs throughout every day, including exercise, devotional/inspirational messages, and entertainment to keep us involved and connected. The meals are extraordinary in variety and taste and nutrition, all delivered. Some items can be purchased on site. In cases of need the staff even makes grocery store purchases and delivery. All in all, we believe that Oak Trace is an almost perfect place to be isolated during this pandemic. It will end before many new people move in, but be assured that the care and concern for each resident will continue when the “new normal” takes effect!

COVID-19 is something none of us ever expected to be facing but we're glad you're adjusting well to these unusual circumstances, Dave. Despite the necessary lifestyle adjustments to keep everyone safe, we remain committed to providing a stellar community experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to share this uplifting message. Our team members will be honored to hear about the positive impact they're having. We're looking forward to many more years of wonderful memories together once this pandemic subsides.

May 01, 2020

By Bob Neder

As a resident of Oak Trace for over 4 years, I’ve enjoyed countless programs and activities that are available to us – so many that we could pick and choose the ones that most interested us. That was all before the pandemic reached our environs. As new regulations were constantly being issued and made more restrictive, we saw our lifestyles altered. However, our administration has been very proactive and very concerned with our well-being as far as unnecessary contacts with outside sources. In addition, our Lifestyle Department has performed above and beyond the call of duty to help prevent and overcome “apartment fever.” We have had impromptu dancing in the corridors, fun projects to pass the time, and even virtual activities and exercise classes on our in-house TV channel. Favorite movies are being shown, fantastic meals are delivered to our apartments every day, and we’re kept informed by frequent updates on our TV channel. A lot of behind the scenes planning has gone into trying to keep us connected and feeling as normal as possible. This is much appreciated by all the residents. It has kept us in good spirits as we patiently and sometimes not so patiently wait out the pandemic.

Bob, we always preach that one of the best reasons to move to our community is the abundance of engaging activities. It's been wonderful to witness how much you've embraced the active lifestyle we offer through the years. Being able to have physical interaction with you and your fellow residents is something we miss dearly now that COVID-19 has altered our programming. But we're happy you're in good spirits despite the necessary changes we've made to keep everyone safe. We can't wait until life reverts back to normal and we can all get together again. Thank you so much for the five-star review!

April 24, 2020

By Irene Stange

During this coronavirus crisis, Oak Trace has been a wonderful place to live. They are taking very good care of their residents and I feel safe and stress free. The staff has gone overboard with announcements, games, videos, exercise workouts, etc. that are all on our in-house TV channel all day long. Our meals (which are soooo good-thanks to our chef and crew) are delivered to our front door and housekeeping keeps our apartments clean on a regular basis. Now that the weather is getting warmer, it is such a delight to take a walk around our community grounds. This is a very tough time for so many people but we here at Oak Trace are doing just fine and making the best of this horrific situation. Let’s hope and pray to God it ends soon.

Irene, thank you so much for your kind words and uplifting message during this challenging period. Our top priority as always has been the health and safety of everyone at our community, while trying to maintain some sense of normalcy. We're glad the adjustments we've made to our programming and services have provided comfort and optimism. We're truly fortunate to have team members who are going above and beyond, and they will be thrilled to hear how their efforts are positively impacting you. Together we'll persevere through this. Thanks again!

December 25, 2019

By S.W.

My mother moved into Oak Trace. She has been there in the past, and we decided to continue there. It's a very good experience, the staff is very friendly, very caring, and professional. They recently opened a new health center for their assisted, memory care, and nursing home, so everything is brand new. They're very modern, which is so surprising; the apartments in the independent living are up to date. The lounge is really great, and pretty straightforward for what people need. This would be a strong place to consider if you can still live independently, but you know you'll need a different level of care over time, because it allows for that continuum. It's all right there, it's a small campus, and for this population, it's sufficient for what they offer.

We strive to create a community where all of our residents can be comfortable and their families can rely on us to take care of their loved ones. We are so glad to have your mother as part of our community and are glad that we can offer the services to help her and all of our residents. Thank you for the positive review and we look forward to continuing together in the new year!

April 01, 2017

By scott2814

Well, it was a high rating because they incorporated small homes and town homes into their campus. Then in November they announced they were knocking down the homes to build a new health center. The people that bought in to be able to live in a home with an attached garage and garden area were told to move to an apartment or vacate within the space of 6 months. A fine way to entice elderly people in, and then shuffle them around for business purposes. While the residents are seeking legal protection, Oak Trace keeps the pressure on to knuckle under. The situation stinks, and I would advise anyone considering Oak Trace to think deeply about how they treat their current residents and what they may do to you if you happen to be in the way of their plans

Scott, Oak Trace is committed to providing its residents with the exceptional care and services they've come to expect. Part of our promise as a Life Care community is to provide care when needed. With the age and condition of the health care building, it has become very difficult to comply with building codes and offer the amenities our residents deserve. A majority of the residents at Oak Trace are supportive of the redevelopment and recognize the need that exists. By adding assisted living and memory support services it enables residents to live at their highest level of independence while receiving quality care in an environment that is familiar and warm. We have diligently been working to find the best possible outcome for those affected by the redevelopment, and it is our sincere hope that we can work together to find a solution they are happy with. If you would like to discuss this further, I encourage you to call us and ask for Chris Romick.

February 01, 2017

By Susan401882

My parents are in Oak Trace. It's one mile from my home, so that's why we're there. The best part of Oak Trace is that they have everything on one campus. They have independent living, catered living, assisted living, a memory floor, and rehab. They have a tunnel under the ground that goes from one building to the next. The building that my parents are in right now is very old from the 1950s, but the other buildings are brand new, up to date, and state of the art. However, it's very clean. The meals are excellent. My parents have never complained about food. There are five or more items on the menu cooked by a chef. I'm very impressed with the food. It's not bland, hospital-type food. It is very well put together. There are activities every day. There's a calendar in the rooms and also by the elevator, so that anybody coming in would be aware of what's happening on that floor all day long.

Susan,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of our community. We’re thrilled to hear that you and your parents have enjoyed your experience at Oak Trace. We pride ourselves on a culture of hospitality through our engaging activities and fine dining. We’ll make sure to pass your comments along to our Executive Chef. Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Rita Peckhart, Oak Trace, Director of Sales

October 29, 2015

By Caringdaughter7

I visited a resident at the independent-living apartments at Oak Trace, but when I went back for the actual tour, I was visiting the catered-living side or the assisted-living side. I was very impressed by the place. I like the independent-living and catered living sides very much to the same degree. It’s very light, airy, pleasant, appealing and beautiful. It’s esthetically very pleasing, just like being on a cruise ship. I never had that feeling that I was in an old people’s home or in a nursing home, which was impressive. I interacted with a couple of the staff and a couple of the residents, and I found the staff to be totally engaging and very honest with me, and the residents seemed to be very happy there. It’s one of the cleanest places I’ve seen -- really total quality, as far as the workmanship of the facility itself. The maintenance is top notch. Even in the catered-living, which I figured was going to be a little bit more downplayed, it still had crown molding and multi-part baseboard. The place is beautiful and so well-cared-for; it felt like a condominium complex. My friend’s mother-in-law loves it. She thinks the food is excellent. She has people come over and instead of them going out, they eat there. The menu looks like a restaurant menu for their offerings. She’s very pleased with it. The graduated care goes up as you go up each floor. It goes from assisted or catered living to where you can get help with the shower. You get three meals a day with no healthcare-related issues. As healthcare-related issues come into play, depending upon how much care you need, you move up to different floors. They have the most impressive woodworking shop that I’ve ever seen. They have every piece of woodworking machinery you can imagine and multiples of them. The workshop alone is probably twice the size of my condo, which is a thousand square feet. I met with one of the guys in the woodworking shop. He had Parkinson’s, and he had just had deep-brain stimulation done. He was telling me how much it has helped him, and now he can come down into the woodworking shop and make his baskets. It keeps him involved, and he loves it there. He went on about how much he liked the place. I was so impressed with the fact that they have a full-blown gym, a very large room that holds all their gym equipment. They have many machines and exercise balls. They had enough equipment there that any physical fitness person could accomplish anything they wanted. I can’t come up with anything negative about the place, except that it’s $4,200 a person. You have to have an astronomical income in order to handle it.

October 27, 2015

My mother wanted to move into Oak Trace because one of her friends was there. Other than that, she said the rooms were too small. She liked it; it was beautiful. They had activities that she would love and good food. They were probably one of the most expensive that I read about.

June 30, 2015

By Rosemary21

My sister was at Oak Trace for about a month in the rehab section. She had been in there once several years ago, so she was familiar with it and with her last hospitalization, they recommended she go to a rehab. It's convenient to her home and to my elder sister. We did not have any problems with them. Their physical therapists were excellent, but the nursing staff was fair; we weren't completely happy with them. Everything was very clean and cheery and it had good facilities and dining room. She didn't like the food because she had lost her taste, but what I had was at par with most of the places with hospital food. They had all kinds of social activities like bingo, parties, and patio barbecues, but she didn't participate too much in any of it. She had a shared room, which was kind of old and could've used a little updating, but it was clean.

Dear Rosemary,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your sister’s experience at Oak Trace. Although we’re happy there were aspects of her stay that lived up to your expectations, we’re sorry your entire experience was not positive.

We pride ourselves on providing a resident and family experience that is worthy of the five-star rating granted to our health centers by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and we’d like the opportunity to talk with you about your concerns with the nursing staff. Please reach out to me at Lisa.Ryan@LifespaceCommunities.com, and I’ll connect you with our health center administrator at Oak Trace. She’ll be happy to address any issues you might have and work with you toward a satisfactory outcome.

Your sister’s health and well-being are important to us. I hope to hear from you, and thank you again for taking time to provide feedback.

Sincerely,

Lisa Ryan Director of Communications Lifespace Communities

May 26, 2015

By Bren3

We decided to keep mom at Oak Trace, and she has been there for seven years now. It's a very caring community. The staff treats the residents like they are a family member, not just a place to work, and that to me is very important. They showed her around when she first arrived and made sure that she got the activities so they would know what she might like to do and that she didn't just stay in her room. Their meals are much better than most institutional meals. It's a sit down meal, and they provide something that looks good and tastes good. They do a great job. They have lots of activities for the residents. They take them out to restaurants and the pier; they go out on their bus, see the Christmas lights in the neighboring areas, the bowling alley, an airplane museum, and the aquarium. They try to get them out as much as possible. Mother is now in a more contained unit because her memory is failing. Oak Trace is a complete life community. You can go from being extremely independent to needing as much care as you need. They have homes, apartments, assisted living, a memory unit, and a nursing home.

September 25, 2014

One of the facilities we visisted was Oak Trace. My aunt liked it because it was a buy-in. It also had all levels of care. What we liked most about it was the dialysis on site. We ate there and the food was good. The rooms were a little small, but they were nice. The people working there seemed good. My aunt visited the place several times because she really loved it.

May 20, 2014

By James81850750

The only facility we visited was Oak Trace. They had very spacious rooms, very nice dining facilities, a lot of different variety of activities for the residents. The staff was very cordial, very helpful, and answered any questions we had, making sure that we were satisfied with the answers that we got. She introduced us to another couple, and they took us around and showed us their apartment. She did a lot to make it very comfortable for us. The two or three rooms that we saw were very quaint, very spacious, and very minimal.

April 25, 2014

By Barbara82789350

Mom is at Oak Trace. Her room is very nice: nice crown molding and wonderful wardrobes. The staff has been quite good. They really try to cater to their needs. They have been very good about communicating. Yesterday, they had a little jelly bean thing going for the season, and then they served coffee and cookies for free. Today, there’s a voice recital and a choral group coming in to give concerts. They have speakers come in. They’re pretty active.

November 30, 2013

By Caring72102050

I had found an absolutely fabulous place called Oak Trace. They had nice rooms and I was looking for a studio unit and they lady showed me a studio big enough for a bed, a chair, a TV and a little desk. It had it own bathroom. They even had entertainment the day I was there. They had lots of activities. They took them all over the place. They had a beautiful chapel there. I saw one menu and they had five entrees to choose from. You could go out and walk. It was a large area. They had private homes, independent, assisted and they had a floor for skilled care.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (21) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Oak Trace

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Oak Trace

Oak Trace is a senior living provider in Downers Grove, Illinois that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Oak Trace for more details on services and rates.

Map of Oak Trace