Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

Reviews of Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

Assisted Living Reviews for Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

October 05, 2020

By Nancy

Our visit at Karcher Estates was fine. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't the atmosphere that we wanted for my mom. It's an older building so there isn't much really that they can do, though they're doing the best they can when it comes to cleaning and stuff. We only met the administrator and didn't meet some of the staff. The part of the community that we saw was clean.

Hi Nancy, we greatly appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in finding a senior living community for your mother! If you have any additional questions about our community, please do not hesitate to reach out.

January 02, 2020

By mikey112

Terrible care. They don’t seem to care in the least. All about the paycheck with this company. If you love them... keep looking for a place that will treat them with care, empathy, dignity, and respect. Karcher Estates embodies none of these attributes.

I am so sorry anyone would ever feel this way. I would love to discuss your concerns further. Please call us. -Sarina Harney, Executive Director

June 06, 2019

By Kimbra

We visited the independent and assisted living of Karcher Estates. It was beautiful. I did not think it would be a positive experience, but it ended up being 3,000 times better than what I thought. They did an absolutely fantastic job. There offer therapy, have a walking path, tours and outings for them, a pool hall, and the library there is absolutely fantastic. I like the way the residents greeted us. They were all very friendly. The facilities looked great. The laundry room was great.

Independent Living Reviews for Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

July 26, 2018

By JB

My dad moved into the independent living of Karcher Estates. We were very happy with the facility at the time up until the last couple of years. He moved in to the assisted living wing, and it seemed like they were terribly understaffed. The staff that were there seemed overworked and stretched too far. Their level of care was very inadequate. The food was OK. In the last couple of years, it really went downhill and became shabby. There were torn carpets and the furnishings were looking very worn. My dad had a room with access to a courtyard but they let the grass die out there and hadn't kept up the landscaping in that area.

Nursing Home Reviews for Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

December 17, 2017

By biggmama

HORRIBLE care....oxygen patients sitting with empty 5anks, medications given sporadically (if at all), facility seems EXTREMELY understaffed. Diets are Not followed ( low sodium or diabetic options are NOT available at all)

December 30, 2015

By Mary108604450

I visited Karcher Estates two months ago for my client. My experience there was very good. It was very well-organized and had all different levels of care, such as independent living, assisted living and a rehab. It was a very clean community. The staff and the people were very helpful. The convenience of this place was what impressed me most. It was a huge place, and they were willing to lead people in the right direction.

May 26, 2015

By Pam106096050

Right now, mom is in Karcher Estates, and as far as I know, she is happy with her care. Also, my dad has been over there as recommended by his doctor. When she fell ill taking care of him, she also went there for some rehab to be healthier. However, my father passed away and my mom is still over there, still trying to get stronger and better. Karcher Estates has very friendly staff. The nurses are really willing to help. It is a clean establishment. You don't smell any urine or any type of body filth. So, it is very clean and very friendly oriented, and I am very happy with it right now. I will recommend it to any family member that has to put their parents in some type of a home. However, they do not accept Medicaid.

July 28, 2011

What I experienced at Karcher Estates is a collaboration, camaraderie and team-work among their staff. Everyone there conveys genuine caring for the residents and family, and one feels immediately at ease because you know that you can trust your loved one will be cared for well. Great respect and dignity is given to each resident because of the diligence and hard work of all. The environment is supportive and welcoming and the rooms are always clean and the air smells fresh.

Questions about Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is mid 80's. Favorite thing to do is BINGO. We also love music, sports & Exercise games.

What programs or activities does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We have a Wellness Coach dedicated to helping our residents with strength & balance as well as offering cognitively stimulating brain exercises.

What places are near Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Karcher Mall, thrift stores, multiple restaurants.

What transportation services does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates offer to assisted living residents?

Two 12 passenger vans and one SUV for outings, appointments and shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

They have multiple choices, daily salad bar and a personalized meal plan.

What safety features or security measures does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates offer to assisted living residents?

24 hour nursing staff, front doors lock after 5pm & security company patrol the community nightly.

How does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have a monthly newsletter we mail out to every family member along with an activity calendar. Care conferences are held quarterly or at any change of condition.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our care staffing is dependent on the total number of residents and their acuity levels. We are constantly shifting our staffing to accommodate for the needs of our residents.

If Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have multiple courtyards and grassy common grounds all around the community.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We require continuing education through the state requirements and additional educational training supplied through our corporate office with Prestige Care.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is in mid 80's. They enjoy outings, music, table games, bingo and crafts.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Karcher Mall, multiple restaurants, thrift stores.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates has organized?

Bus trip and overnight stay in Jackpot. Going to see Easter Vigil at First Nazarene.

What transportation services does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates offer to independent living residents?

Two 12 passenger vans & SUV for outings, appointments, shopping.

What makes the chef or dining program at Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Beautiful large restraint style dining room, order placed at the table from a list of options each day, including a fresh salad bar.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Billiards room, library, activity room, beauty shop, multiple living rooms, courtyards & walking paths, spa rooms and exercise room.

What safety features or security measures does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates offer to independent living residents?

Front entry doors locked after 5pm. Nightly security patrol through community grounds.

Courtyards, walking paths, grassy common grounds around the community.

Does Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Costs for Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• State Licenses: RC-1128

About Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates

Karcher Estates is situated in a desirable location near the Karcher Mall right off of Caldwell Blvd. We have full kitchens in our spacious independent living, 6 levels of care in our assisted living, respite care at any level, post-acute rehabilitation or long term skilled care.

Several floor plans, large apartments with decent closet space, patio's or balcony, full kitchen's in independent living apartments with full washer & dryer in each apartment. Great location near shopping.

Map of Prestige Senior Living at Karcher Estates