Sunrise at East Cobb

Photos of Sunrise at East Cobb

Who are you looking for?

Full Name

Phone

By clicking Get Costs, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. You also consent to  receive texts and calls, which may be autodialed, from us and our partner providers; however, your consent is not a condition to using our service.

Get cost information

• Value

4.3

Florence

November 8, 2023

We liked the care that they give at Sunrise at East Cobb and it's not that big of a building. It's two levels and I think they have right now about 55 residents. Some places are a couple of stories high and we didn't want that. I liked the personal care that they give the individuals. The assisted living section is separate. They have a memory care section, too, so that was good. They're very friendly and it was a very personal kind of place. The location for us was good. A person whose other family members there had recommended it to us, too. It's a very clean facility.

Thank you for your kind words, Florence! We strive to provide personalized care in a warm and friendly environment at Sunrise at East Cobb. We're glad that the size and separate sections meet your needs, and we appreciate your recommendation. Our team is committed to maintaining a clean facility.

Kimberley

October 6, 2023

We liked that Sunrise at East Cobb has a high level of care and that they will be able to accommodate my mother-in-law through the end of life because once she moved there, we did not want to potentially move her again. The staff was very welcoming and very kind. The facilities are very clean. It's well-staffed. There are lots of activities and engagement. We just felt like it would be a really good place for her. We saw the memory care and we were able to see a room there, the common area where a lot of the residents do engagement and activities, the courtyard, and the dining area. We saw a lot. Even though they didn't have us on the list, they were very kind and accommodating and gave us a full tour and spent over an hour with us. They were just truly wonderful.

Hi Kimberley! Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review of Sunrise at East Cobb. We're thrilled to hear that you found our staff welcoming, our facilities clean, and our activities engaging. We strive to provide a wonderful experience for all residents and their families.

Myra

September 6, 2023

My husband stayed at Sunrise at East Cobb for respite. I think they had activities for them. My daughter-in-law's father was there full time so that made it easy for him. They ate together and things like that. He's not a wanderer because he can't walk very well. He uses a walker but a wheelchair is what he had over there. He requires a lot of attention because he's incontinent and he has dementia and probably Alzheimer's. I think just having him in the memory care was good. It's a very pretty place over there. He has a caretaker every Thursday here at home so while he was there, she still went over there to make sure he was taken care of while I was gone. He seemed to enjoy it over there. My daughter-in-law and son visited them several times and they brought ice cream for the two of them. He had some attention there, but he was sure ready to come home. He is 93 and it is really difficult for him to adjust to different places. I think that he did well there. When I picked him up, I thought there was a lot of stuff. I had to take all of his diapers, the linen for the bed, and all of the clothes for two weeks. But I think the people there were caring. They lost his hearing aids and I reported that, and they said that maybe I packed them up or something. I went over there after a couple of days, and they were replacing the carpet in the room and all that and there were the pair. It sat down on the floor in the room. I found them. They didn't find them. They kept telling me that everybody was going to look for them and everything but no hearing aids until I went over there to pick them up. I thought it was very expensive for two weeks. It was nearly $4,000. The executive director told me it was like 28 something and I didn't think that was too bad. When it came time to pay, it was like 4000. I told them the director told me it was 28 or something and they took $500 off. So, it was 37 or something, which was still expensive for two weeks. But maybe that's the going rate. I don't know and I haven't looked around, but I will if I ever need it again. He always wanted to eat, so they fed him well, I think. He was able to move around on the wheelchair and he was always eating with my daughter-in-law's father. So, he had somebody to pal around with. I think the staff was good. They have some sitting exercises for them. I never saw their program, but I think they had program activities for them, so that was good. He's not a TV watcher or anything, most of them sit around TV, but he doesn't do that. I just thought, though, that it was very expensive.

Hi Myra, It is delightful to hear that you have been satisfied with the overall support provided by Sunrise of East Cobb for your father's respite stay. Our team members share a common goal of enriching every resident’s life by carefully listening to their needs and always delivering the very best. Thank you! – The Sunrise Team

Mike

June 5, 2023

My mom is at Sunrise at East Cobb. She's doing very well. They're taking care of her and getting her involved in activities. They're taking care of her medication and the doctor is coming to see her, so we're very happy with them. They have bingo, cornhole, and wheelchair exercises. They also did a Mother's Day tea right before Mother's Day. So far, Mom likes the food very well. They've also been keeping her room clean. They have some outdoor spaces. It's not a lot, but Mom can't walk, so it doesn't matter to her.

Hi Mike, Thank you for the wonderful things you said about Sunrise of East Cobb and the dedicated care givers and team members. Our residents are part of the Sunrise family and we take enormous pride in having the privilege to take care of them.

Amy

October 22, 2022

The location of Sunrise at East Cobb would have been good for us. In the entranceway where the reception is, there is a Basset Hound that is chained to the desk, but he barks and howls the entire time. It was very upsetting. I couldn't even hear what they were saying. The apartment was nice. The facility was nice, but the entire time we were there, the dog never stopped howling and we could hear it throughout the building. I can imagine it's got to be very upsetting for the residents. The person who was supposed to give us the tour didn't show up, but the receptionist showed us around. We could hardly hear her because of the barking dog which was very loud. And they did not find the dog to be a problem at all. The dining area was nice, it was right next to the lobby where the barking dog was. So, it was not calm or socially relaxing area to have a meal.

Hi Amy, We are sorry that you are disappointed but appreciate your feedback. We are committed to providing you with a great experience and encourage you to contact us so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Martin

January 14, 2022

I toured Sunrise at East Cobb. They didn't realize they had a tour with me, so I talked to the activity director. It's very nice and a little pricey. The activity director gave a really good tour considering it wasn't her job to do it. She was wonderful. The room was very nice. It was just a one-bedroom. It had a little kitchenette area. It was nice.

Hi Martin, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your experience. We are pleased to hear that our team made your experience pleasant and provided you with the necessary information. Please feel free to reach out to us at the community directly, in case you have any additional questions regarding Sunrise!

Dan

August 22, 2021

Sunrise at East Cobb is a nice facility, I thought the price was right, and the location was perfect for us. My mom moved into assisted living and loves it. I was concerned at first whether she'd like it or not because she's never lived anywhere else but it's worked out well. The staff has been great. They've been very helpful and very friendly. I know my mom has gone to some walks, she's had her hair done, and she's played some bingo. I think she's pretty busy during the day. The facility is very nice. It's kept up well and it feels a lot like home with their nice front porch and places to sit. It's perfect. They have a pretty in-depth schedule, like 4 or 5 activities going on every morning and afternoon. I would say that they seem to keep everybody busy.

Jane

June 27, 2021

My mother is in Sunrise at East Cobb, but I'm going to be moving her out. They're great. They're wonderful, but she's sort of like in-between and not transitioning well. They're absolutely wonderful. The staff and the nursing all have been great. She is just struggling really hard being there. I thought she would get better, but she seems to be getting worse. The facility itself and everything they've done has been great. It's just not working for her right at this moment. I have to give them a month's notice so she'll be there until the middle of June, plus I've got to get stuff in order to move her back home. I'm leaving her there for now. They're taking good care of her. She's in memory care. The staff is wonderful. They've been very kind and have tried everything they can to make it as smooth a transition as possible. The nursing staff has been wonderful with her. The physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy have all done really well. They're all great. I see them because I go over there every day to see her. She was in a room that was meant to be a double occupant, but because of COVID they're only allowing one person in the room at a time. It was spacious. It had what she needed. It was bright and had windows. It was really nice. They redid her whole room before she moved in. It's an older building, so they're updating it. It's very clean, and they come in and clean the room regularly. She is not particularly fond of the food, but it looks fine to me. She's still cognizant enough to know what's going on, and she likes to have a choice in what she gets to eat. Back there in the memory care, I don't think they are really given that choice like they are in the assisted living part. It's a beautiful building. It has great big porches. It's just very welcoming and the staff members are very welcoming and super friendly. They even have an in-house dog now that is adorable. They just really care about the residents and they want to take care of them and do the best for them. I've them seen with other family members and they do really well with them, too. It's a really good facility and I'm just very sad it didn't work out for her. If things were to deteriorate, then I would consider putting her back in there later. It's been a great experience. She likes the people there. The staff is super nice, very helpful, and they'll answer any questions I ask. They seem to want to take care of her and help her. Like with everything, there are some staff members that she enjoys more than others. I can tell when they're on shift, but they're all kind to her. They all try to help. They're really good. The facility is beautiful. When yu walk in, there's a grand stairway and porches out front and in the back. It's on a main road, but you wouldn't know that if you weren't looking for it. I've been by it for years and I didn't realize what it was until I needed a place. Activities have been a little bit challenging because in the time that we were in there. They have two activities director, one is in the AL part and one is in the memory. The one in the memory was out on FMLA for the first couple of weeks, so things were a little off, but this last week or so since she's been back, it's been much more regulated. It seems like it's getting back on track and they are doing a lot more in the memory care. Plus with the COVID loosening and getting better in Georgia, they're opening up the facility to allow people to come in. They had a couple of musicians in ther,e last night and there was one a couple of weeks ago, and they play out on the patio. They do activities with them. They'll do one-on-one with them if they feel like it's necessary. I felt like I was getting my money's worth going there. They've been very good about giving me resources for funding.

wendycope

February 14, 2020

I couldn't be more glad that we chose Sunrise at East Cobb for Mom. She had been at another facility in Stone Mountain that, although luxurious, was very institutional. They had no interaction with Mom outside of delivering medication. Mom deserved more. When I visited Sunrise, they weren't expecting me, so the impression I got was even better than had I scheduled an appointment. A resident was playing the piano; I saw genuine conversations between staff and residents; there was a cheery warmth throughout the building. So we moved Mom in. That first impression was spot on. I have witnessed the warmth and responsiveness of the staff, the creativity of the programming and activities, the thoughtfulness of the administration, and the attention to detail. Mom feels loved and cared for, and has flourished as a result of being here. She is engaged in her life once again. It's a joy to be part of this community.

Wendy

August 1, 2019

We went to Sunrise at East Cobb and chose it for my mother. The care is excellent, and I would give it the highest recommendation. Her room has a bedroom, a sitting room, a small kitchenette, and a bathroom. It's wonderfully sized, and she feels like it's very spacious. It feels like a college apartment. There's a multitude of activities every day, something going on every couple of hours, there are all kinds of music program, there's something called sing fit that's singing and exercise together, they do current events, cultural field trips, and arts and activities. Their activities director is a recreation therapist. Somebody comes in and talks about current events and read the newspaper to them. Everybody has been very compassionate and know my mom. They did an intake survey for her, really get to know her as a person, not as a patient, and their communication is insanely good. The facility is very clean, well-decorated, warm, and friendly. Mom seems to like the food very well. The woman who I worked with was just fantastic in terms of helping narrow down what would actually work for my mom.

Amrita

February 28, 2019

Sunrise at East Cobb was fine. It was a good place. The person who accommodated me was very helpful and very knowledgeable. It was a good visit. The dining area looked fine. Everything was clean and neat. I have nothing negative to say, but their cost was higher than what I could afford.. Based on what I saw, it looked like a five-star place. Just from the tour itself it looked great. The person who accommodated me was very good.

Wolfgang

November 3, 2017

Sunrise at East Cobb's rooms were a good size and comfortable. The amenities were quite nice. There was a lounge area, bar area with snacks, and a nice dining room. The staff was quite caring and helpful. Their pricing structure was confusing and nickel-and-diming, so it can become fairly expensive. If you acquire more services, you get more points and the charges increase for the service aspect, instead of having just one rate, which I find annoying. The memory care side was not as nice and looks more sparce. The dining room was plain, and the food was brought over from the assisted living. The were few choices of food. It looked a little more institutional. The rooms were decent-sized though, but not as homey.

Susan713207

May 8, 2017

Sunrise at East Cobb is more expensive. 75% of the staff is good and 25% is bad. I think the nursing staff was having turnover problems, and it was very hard for the home nurse to know if the facility got his blood thinner updates or not. Several times, he was on the wrong dosage. The inside of the place is nice and comfortable. During mealtimes, nobody talks, so it is depressing, but the food was great.

agstephens

March 27, 2017

Moved my father from this facility May 2016 due to lack of care. Multiple reports here of theft. Do not put your loved one here.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise team

Anonymous677110

November 26, 2016

Sunrise at East Cobb was very depressing, so I wouldn’t recommend it. It wasn’t clean, the people working there were not smiling, and the residents weren’t smiling. It didn’t seem like a place that I would want to visit my father.

Dhfjgnhvgfvbh

October 8, 2016

Zero stars! This is the worst place you can send your loved ones. They make it very presentable when you visit and as soon as they have your money the beautiful veil is lifted to show uncaring care givers, disgusting food that does not follow any dietary guidelines and staff that know nothing about elderly or healthcare. They have a diseased dog walking around that never gets any veterinary attention or grooming. If your loved ones are unable to fend for themselves they are left from sun up to sun down without toileting leading to skin breakdown. They could careless about the patients having them wait 2 hours (no exaggeration) to receive there meals and never having options for those who can not eat the main menu. The disrespect and lack of education in healthcare leaves you family member to deteriorate vastly. I have no respect for a business that only takes your well earned money and put it into their pockets well aware of the regressive state their facility is in. If you have millions to throw away and a family member you hate feel free to enter into Sunrise at East Cobb

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Caring0022

February 26, 2015

I did not like Sunrise, I felt that the staff was doing their job, and the marketing staff of course was very nice, but the rest of the people, I didn’t feel like they were. It was certainly not the right place for Dan, and I wasn’t as comfortable while he was there. It is an assisted living with a memory care unit, and it's beautiful. But the other thing I didn’t like it is they have a grand staircase that is accessible to everyone in assisted living. The memory care wasn't locked away from the stairs, so that’s different. I couldn’t believe it. He is in a wheelchair, he loses his mind every now and then, and there was no railing or anything. And the worst was their dog wasn’t friendly. Their dog was old and was only interested in taking the food.

Caring83438750

May 30, 2014

My brother-in-law is in Sunrise at East Cobb. It is close and nice. It is a mansion style. The staff is fine and friendly. The receptionist is very nice. He is in a private room with a bedroom, a living room, and a little kitchen area. It is spacious and one of the bigger rooms in the place. The dining room and food are OK. They have activities, like they take him shopping once a week. They have people come in and do things. They have religious services. They have other activities, but he is not one who joins in much.

Kimberly D Huff

May 3, 2012

I have a high regard for Sunrise. They allow my grandparents to share a room together. They made the transition from their home to Sunrise as painless as possible. For example, they offered the opportunity for us to place a gift basket in the room to welcome them to the assisted living center. I think they contracted with another local company for the gift basket, and that was one o the nicest touches. They regularly call my parents immediately if there are any questions or concerns. For example, my grandmother kept falling, and they called right away every time. They took the time to investigate and found that my grandfather was dropping her trying to lift her from her wheelchair to her bed. The parties they hold for birthdays/anniversaries are very enjoyable for residents and their families. My grandparents are treated as adults. They are not condescended as I thought they might be. They are offered wine tastings and other fun events. They are also offered transportation to local events outside the assisted living center. I have nothing but good things to say about Sunrise. I definitely recommend the gift baskets offered by the Marietta, GA location of Sunrise. They even offer customized gift baskets that you can send if you go away on vacation or something just to let your loved ones know you are thinking of them.

emjayy

March 23, 2012

I went every week to sing for, and sometimes with, the members of this community. The hardest thing to see was the Spirits that were raised by music, and suddenly dampened and even crushed by the harsh and authoritative tones and manners of the staff. A few nurses and aids were friendly, but for the most part, their position reeked of arrogance. I remember talking to one of the men who lived there; he lowered his head and looked at his hands as he said, "I used to have life. They remind me every day, with their attitudes, that I'm losing it." The home itself was clean and had a "warm" atmosphere, but it was difficult to leave with a sense of accomplishment, as irritated, lackadaisical nurses wheeled my Musical Friends out of the living room and to their respective rooms.

jdeng625

October 19, 2011

A few months ago, I volunteered with a group that had an event at the Sunrise East Cobb senior citizen home in Marietta, Georgia. The event was a talent show- type thing where the volunteers performed various talents such as a musical performance or a comedy skit. The staff was very helpful with our event and they brought many of the citizens to come watch. They seemed to be very energetic and caring. They would bring out sugar-free snacks for the citizens to have while they watched the event. The facility seemed to be very clean from the area we were in, but I did not see the area where the citizens were living. However, I did see the janitorial staff walking around with cleaning supplies so I would assume they at least keep the living area pretty decent. I would definitely trust one of my relatives in the Sunrise East Cobb senior citizen home.

timjohnson

September 21, 2011

When I had to live here I mainly stayed to myself. The staff would try to help me but seeing that my wife had just died and i had to come here i was just too depressed luckily they worked with my daughter helped me get threw such a horrible time. even though i was still down i started back eating more and having a little fun with everyone. I even started doing some karaoke every now and then nothing too major.

LNicoleT822

May 19, 2011

Visited this facility

I was first introduced to this facility by my mother, who is currently an employee there. During my first visit, I was greeted by staff, residents, and a company dog! The concierge staff was very friendly and they were willing to answer any questions I had. The residents were also friendly. They seemed very happy and even asked me if I would like to play along with them in bingo. The company dog Louie, followed me around at first, then once he became familiar with me, left me alone. During my tour, I visited each ward of the facility, the kitchen, dining area, and the on site hair salon. I had an amazing experience and I would go to work with my mom everyday if I could!

What you can do with Caring

• Search the Caring database

Quickly search the largest online senior living and senior care directory

• Read reviews and expert guidance

Read our authentic consumer reviews and content by experts

• Speak to a Family Advisor for free

Guided, expert advice to find the best community or agency for you

• Take a tour to decide yourself

We’ll help you book tours or get in touch with local agencies

Costs for Sunrise at East Cobb in Marietta, Georgia

Assisted Living

This level of care provides support for those who need help with personal care needs such as cleaning, bathing, and dressing. Residents selecting this level of care are treated to many amenities in a home-like atmosphere, while getting support in their daily lives.

$3,678

Memory Care

Memory Care is specifically designed to meet the needs of those with Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia. Specially trained staff members assist with activities of daily living (such as bathing and dressing) and provide therapies to slow further loss of cognitive abilities.

$5,624

Services and Amenities of Sunrise at East Cobb in Marietta, Georgia

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Dining Extra: All Day Dining

About Sunrise at East Cobb in Marietta, Georgia

Map of Sunrise at East Cobb

Help seniors by writing a review

If you have firsthand experience with a community or home care agency, share your review to help others searching for senior living and care.

Request Pricing Information

Who are you looking for?

Full Name

Phone

By clicking "Get Costs", I am providing express written consent to receive calls including automated/pre-recorded calls and automated texts for which I may incur a cost, as well as emails from Caring and its partners. I understand I am not obligated to provide this consent to utilize Caring’s service(s). I acknowledge I was able to review the Agreement to be Contacted, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy. This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

mother and daughter online shopping

Compare costs, photos & reviews of senior living and care options near you.

Questions?

Call to speak to one of Caring’s Family Advisors, or submit a request for more information here.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Caring's Family Advisors can help answer your questions, schedule tours, and more.

Call us at (855) 948-3865

• Dekalb County
  • Bartow County

Senior Living Communities near Marietta, GA

Caring.com

Caring.com is a leading online destination for caregivers seeking information and support as they care for aging parents, spouses, and other loved ones. We offer thousands of original articles, helpful tools, advice from more than 50 leading experts, a community of caregivers, and a comprehensive directory of caregiving services.

The material on this site is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal, financial, professional, or medical advice or diagnosis or treatment. By using our website, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

Our Services

• Senior Living Directory

• Senior Care Directory

• Caregiving Resources

• Sitemap

• Terms of Use

• Privacy Policy

© 2024 Caring, LLC. All rights reserved.