Sunrise at East Cobb

Sunrise at East Cobb (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise at East Cobb

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise at East Cobb

February 26, 2015

I did not like Sunrise, I felt that the staff was doing their job, and the marketing staff of course was very nice, but the rest of the people, I didn’t feel like they were. It was certainly not the right place for Dan, and I wasn’t as comfortable while he was there. It is an assisted living with a memory care unit, and it's beautiful. But the other thing I didn’t like it is they have a grand staircase that is accessible to everyone in assisted living. The memory care wasn't locked away from the stairs, so that’s different. I couldn’t believe it. He is in a wheelchair, he loses his mind every now and then, and there was no railing or anything. And the worst was their dog wasn’t friendly. Their dog was old and was only interested in taking the food.

May 30, 2014

My brother-in-law is in Sunrise at East Cobb. It is close and nice. It is a mansion style. The staff is fine and friendly. The receptionist is very nice. He is in a private room with a bedroom, a living room, and a little kitchen area. It is spacious and one of the bigger rooms in the place. The dining room and food are OK. They have activities, like they take him shopping once a week. They have people come in and do things. They have religious services. They have other activities, but he is not one who joins in much.

May 02, 2012

By Kimberly D Huff

I have a high regard for Sunrise. They allow my grandparents to share a room together. They made the transition from their home to Sunrise as painless as possible. For example, they offered the opportunity for us to place a gift basket in the room to welcome them to the assisted living center. I think they contracted with another local company for the gift basket, and that was one o the nicest touches. They regularly call my parents immediately if there are any questions or concerns. For example, my grandmother kept falling, and they called right away every time. They took the time to investigate and found that my grandfather was dropping her trying to lift her from her wheelchair to her bed. The parties they hold for birthdays/anniversaries are very enjoyable for residents and their families. My grandparents are treated as adults. They are not condescended as I thought they might be. They are offered wine tastings and other fun events. They are also offered transportation to local events outside the assisted living center. I have nothing but good things to say about Sunrise. I definitely recommend the gift baskets offered by the Marietta, GA location of Sunrise. They even offer customized gift baskets that you can send if you go away on vacation or something just to let your loved ones know you are thinking of them.

March 22, 2012

By emjayy

I went every week to sing for, and sometimes with, the members of this community. The hardest thing to see was the Spirits that were raised by music, and suddenly dampened and even crushed by the harsh and authoritative tones and manners of the staff. A few nurses and aids were friendly, but for the most part, their position reeked of arrogance. I remember talking to one of the men who lived there; he lowered his head and looked at his hands as he said, "I used to have life. They remind me every day, with their attitudes, that I'm losing it." The home itself was clean and had a "warm" atmosphere, but it was difficult to leave with a sense of accomplishment, as irritated, lackadaisical nurses wheeled my Musical Friends out of the living room and to their respective rooms.

October 19, 2011

By jdeng625

A few months ago, I volunteered with a group that had an event at the Sunrise East Cobb senior citizen home in Marietta, Georgia. The event was a talent show- type thing where the volunteers performed various talents such as a musical performance or a comedy skit. The staff was very helpful with our event and they brought many of the citizens to come watch. They seemed to be very energetic and caring. They would bring out sugar-free snacks for the citizens to have while they watched the event. The facility seemed to be very clean from the area we were in, but I did not see the area where the citizens were living. However, I did see the janitorial staff walking around with cleaning supplies so I would assume they at least keep the living area pretty decent. I would definitely trust one of my relatives in the Sunrise East Cobb senior citizen home.

September 21, 2011

By timjohnson

When I had to live here I mainly stayed to myself. The staff would try to help me but seeing that my wife had just died and i had to come here i was just too depressed luckily they worked with my daughter helped me get threw such a horrible time. even though i was still down i started back eating more and having a little fun with everyone. I even started doing some karaoke every now and then nothing too major.

May 19, 2011

By LNicoleT822

Visited this facility

I was first introduced to this facility by my mother, who is currently an employee there. During my first visit, I was greeted by staff, residents, and a company dog! The concierge staff was very friendly and they were willing to answer any questions I had. The residents were also friendly. They seemed very happy and even asked me if I would like to play along with them in bingo. The company dog Louie, followed me around at first, then once he became familiar with me, left me alone. During my tour, I visited each ward of the facility, the kitchen, dining area, and the on site hair salon. I had an amazing experience and I would go to work with my mom everyday if I could!

Photos of Sunrise at East Cobb