The Retreat at Loganville

Reviews of The Retreat at Loganville

Assisted Living Reviews for The Retreat at Loganville

November 06, 2021

By Melinda

I went to The Retreat at Loganville. The tour went very well. It has just been remodeled. It was an excellent place. The memory care facility was not actually in the larger building. The memory care facility wasn't as nice as the larger building. We walked from one building to the other and it did not appeal to me. The person that led me through was very well-versed. She knew everything about the facility. She showed me absolutely everything and discussed everything. She was excellent. I saw the dining room; it was adequate. The outside facilities were adequate. I only saw two residents. I didn't get to see them eating or whatever. The rooms were adequate. They weren't as large as the other places, but they were adequate. They had both private and shared rooms. They had a very nice courtyard. They had the dining room and then another common area. It's a little small. The other building was assisted living. It has been nearly remodeled. It's beautiful. The memory care was just a separate little building, and it has not been remodeled or anything. I toured the assisted living and the memory care. The assisted living had two beautiful dining rooms, a beautiful living room area, a gathering room, and a library. It was excellent. It's just they haven't done anything with the memory care building yet.

We appreciate your positive review about your recent experience with us! We hope to see you soon so we can show you our newly remodeled memory care neighborhood.

September 18, 2021

By Randy

My mom moved into The Retreat at Loganville last Friday. We chose it because it's very close to my house, it's very clean, and I like the people there. It seems like a good atmosphere. She's in their assisted living. They're understaffed, actually, but the ones that are there do a really good job. The food is okay and the residents enjoy it. They have a salon and a courtyard. The place is near hospitals and restaurants. I think it's very expensive.

Thank you for the kind words, Randy! We appreciate it!

September 17, 2021

By Judy

The lobby at The Retreat at Loganville was beautiful. It was like going into a mountain retreat, it was. But then you get back to the bedrooms, and the rooms were small and there was a faint odor. I was not impressed. The young lady that gave me the tour gave me much more information as far as options and help. The rooms were small. The staff told me they were doing some renovating as I go. It was more like going into a hospital than it was going into a living facility. I saw the dining area and it was clean. They have an activity room, but they did not have an activity person there. They offer different activities at that time for them, but I didn't get into a whole lot of it. They have gardens. They also have a gazebo that they said family members could go out, sit and visit with the people. The young lady that gave me the tour was very, very helpful as far as any extra help that the family might need in the future. She was very personable, very friendly, and very knowledgeable.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We appreciate the feedback.

July 10, 2021

By Joan

My husband is in The Retreat at Loganville, and so far I'm not pleased with the meals that he is getting there. The food is lousy. The other thing I did not like is their sales pitch is really good. Now that he's in there all this stuff is like this. I'm like "Oh, my God!" The place itself looked beautiful, but the service was not good. When I'm there the staff act really nice, but I've caught a couple of them not really servicing the people. Right now, there's not a lot of activities because they don't do anything, but play bingo. The activities director said that they're coming up with more. I suggested that they get all the veterans together because they don't have a lot to do by themselves. Outside of the rooms is fine, but they're supposed to give housekeeping one day a week, on the weekends. They haven't given him any housekeeping at all. We chose this place because of the pricing.

Joan, we thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If at all possible, we would like an opportunity to talk with you to learn more about your comments. We were hoping you could please send us your contact information so that a member of our regional leadership team can contact you to discuss this further. Thank you in advance.

September 14, 2020

By Carol

I visited The Retreat at Loganville. The rooms were nice and spacious. Everything was well locked up because of the virus. I saw rooms; they had two different sized rooms. There was a little bit of a fee difference, but the rooms would have been suitable for a person in a motorized chair; it wouldn't be a problem. The cost of that was a little less than the others.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. If there are questions we can answer or resources we can provide as you go through your search, please reach out.

February 01, 2020

By Leslie

I didn't like The Retreat at Loganville, it's very dated so we're not interested. The person who helped us during the tour was very friendly and informative. The interior of their dining area looked very dated, it looked more like a cafeteria, we saw the residents eating. The place itself wasn't so big. They need to be remodelled and repainted.

Leslie, Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our community and leave us your feedback! We pride ourselves on providing amazing care and service to our residents. We are also very proud of being certified for the second year in a row as a Great Places To Work. Phoenix Senior Living acquired this community in August 2019. We invite you to visit us again this summer as we have a $1M interior renovation scheduled for completion by June 2020. Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon.

November 16, 2018

By Janie

It was very nice. They have cottages, but my parents have gone past the cottage thing where they live out by themselves and then they go down some place to eat. The rooms were not large enough for them and they didn't have enough closet space. They had assisted and independent living and we looked at both. In the assisted living, the rooms weren't large enough. They would've been fine living in a cottage, but they would have to leave every time they want to eat or whatever because the dining hall was right across the street. It just wouldn't work out for them. The cottage was very nice. If they had been younger, it would've been great, but they're not. They have a lot of activities. They have a library and a dining room. Everybody was very nice.

January 26, 2018

By Fredia

It was fine and nice. The staff member that assisted me was very friendly and thorough. The place was clean. I saw one of their townhouses and it was really nice.

August 04, 2017

By toobusybutneededtoreview

My mother in law was there for respite care which seemed hard to find a facility that would allow someone to stay temporarily. They were extremely nice, helpful, and efficient! If my mother in law needs a permanent place this will be our pick! Thank you for taking such great care of her so that I could rest and have a vacation.

May 25, 2017

By valerie775758

I really liked it, but it was too far for the other family members to visit frequently. It was a nice place, it was beautifully decorated, and it was warm and inviting. The people were warm and nice. They had something planned every day; they would go to the library, Walmart, or other places. The staff was very nice, and it was a nice tour.

November 30, 2015

By Quynhmai

The community was clean. I liked most of the things there. The staff was OK, and the lady I met was nice. The room’s size was OK. I like it a lot.

July 13, 2015

By Tami6

I was able to visit, and I was very pleased. Unfortunately, my uncle passed away. The staff was very welcoming and very informative about what they had available. The facility was nice.

July 13, 2015

It was very nice. The size of the rooms was nice as well. They had a lot of different activities, and they take people out to dinner and shopping. The staff was very accommodating. It was clean.

June 19, 2015

By Dorothy109044450

The community is really homey. The people are really nice. It is a neat place. The food is usually really good. They have two dining rooms -- one for the independent living and one for the assisted living. They have card games and bingo.

April 29, 2015

By Bettie5

It looked very nice, and the people were friendly. The rooms were very clean. It seemed to be a very well-respected place, and a lot of people there really liked it. I would recommend them. The lady that showed us around was very nice.

January 13, 2015

I liked it. It was fairly large for what I was looking for. The staff has been helpful and entertained the questions I had. They had some activities that we could just sit in and get people in the community together.

December 22, 2014

By Dianna6

The location was perfect. I liked the general appearance because it’s a nice large place that has plenty of area for gardens and walking around. It’s a large, well maintained, and clean looking environment. They have different room types depending on what you’re looking for; some are big, and some are small. Everyone was friendly, very accommodating, their general knowledge is high, and they offered us something to drink. We were looking for a place that has activities, and they got activities throughout the day and evening. That was nice. They provide a van service to shopping or to the doctors.

July 18, 2014

By Ronda4

It was an awesome place. Their food was really good. We had lunch there one day and spoke with Linda. She was very nice, very cordial. Everyone there was good to us when we visited. My mom knew some people there, which was another reason we checked that out. The rooms had kind of a hotel feel: bathroom, bed, that was it. They have a great pecan roll. If you're ever in that area, go by there and get one. They gave me a list of activities as far as the bingo, arts and crafts, puzzles.

June 26, 2014

We walked around and they showed us the rooms, and they were nice. At the time we checked the facility, we didn’t notice many activities going on.

June 25, 2014

It is just the best out of all facilities for my money. My mom has a room there that is pleasant and functional, and that's basically what I was looking for. The staff is very knowledgeable, very gracious, and very attentive. They have a wide variety of activities and my mother has a wide variety of interests, so it was a good fit. Food is excellent. I would recommend this place to others.

Independent Living Reviews for The Retreat at Loganville

August 02, 2019

By B.H.

I have been living in the independent living section. I love that it fits my needs and everything. I really like it. The staff is great. I have a two-bedroom with a kitchen, living room, and a bath. They also have apartments that are bigger than the one I have. There are activities like games, bingo, devotionals, and different stuff. There's a bus that takes us to appointments and a small library. However, they don't have an exercise room, but it would be nice if they did. You get 20 meals a month. Sometimes the food is OK, and sometimes they're not.

February 27, 2019

By Phyllis

It was very nice. I liked it. The people were very nice. The tour was great. I love the place, but I couldn't do that. The room was a 2-bedroom. It was more like a house setting. It had a front porch and a little patio in the back, with a kitchen with a refrigerator and stove. It was nice, but what they were charging a month, it was too much for me. They showed me a list of activities they offer, but the activities weren't every day. The setting was great, but it was more than I could afford.

November 16, 2017

By Laurie

I am very pleased with the community, the staff, and the residents. My relative is in independent living, but if she falls, someone can be there in five minutes. They have been more than helpful and perfect for us.

August 23, 2017

By Angela

It was nice. The independent living area was like a subdivision. The independent level had a separate activity center than the other levels of care, and we saw residents playing Bingo. One lady showed us her villa. All the villas were full, but it's a little smaller than other places we've seen and we didn't like them. They also have bricked cottages which were actually duplexes. They were very nice and spacious with a bathtub in the master bedroom and a second bedroom with its own walk-in shower. It also had a living room area, dinette, a nice kitchen, vaulted ceilings, and a full laundry room with a washer and dryer.

April 20, 2017

By VG305248

I liked it very much. It was nice, clean, very open, warm, and welcoming. I didn’t like that they didn’t serve meals for the independent living. I liked the layout and roominess of the apartment.

Memory Care Reviews for The Retreat at Loganville

Questions about The Retreat at Loganville

What places are near The Retreat at Loganville or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located close to Main Street in downtown Loganville and within a mile of a grocery store and drug store.

What transportation services does The Retreat at Loganville offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to doctors within a 20-mile radius. We also take residents on shopping trips, outings and scenic rides.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Retreat at Loganville exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer 2 entrees at each meal as well as an Always Available menu. We provide restaurant-style dining and can accommodate most diets.

What safety features or security measures does The Retreat at Loganville offer to assisted living residents?

We provide emergency alert pendants which is monitored by our staff. We also provide Security 24 hours a day.

How does The Retreat at Loganville keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We communicate with our families via phone calls, email and text messages. We also set up care plan meetings with our families to discuss each resident's individual care plan needs.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Retreat at Loganville during daytime and nighttime hours?

We meet or exceed state guidelines and staff according to our residents' care needs.

If The Retreat at Loganville accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are a large campus located on 30 plus acres. There are many grassy areas for your four-legged friends to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receives continued on the job training throughout the year, including but not limited to first aid, fire safety and CPR.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at The Retreat at Loganville. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our Independent Residents are anywhere between 55 years old and 96 years old! They are all young at heart and enjoy many activities including outings for lunch and dinner, exercise classes, baseball games and trips to local landmarks.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

We are located near a variety of local restaurants and shopping. We also have movie theaters and bowling alleys nearby.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at The Retreat at Loganville has organized?

Our IL residents have enjoyed trips to the Botanical Gardens, baseball games as well as weekly outings to a variety of restaurants. They also enjoy local fairs and festivals.

What transportation services does The Retreat at Loganville offer to independent living residents?

We offer transportation to doctors within a 20-mile radius as well as shopping trips to the mall.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Retreat at Loganville exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What safety features or security measures does The Retreat at Loganville provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secure Memory Care setting which includes alarms on all doors.

Costs for The Retreat at Loganville

• Housing Extra: Cottages, Villas

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: PCH0006950

About The Retreat at Loganville

Located in Loganville, our Assisted Living community near Atlanta, Georgia, offers Independent Living, Personal Care and Memory Care lifestyle options all in a beautiful, rural location. Surrounded by lush greenery in a peaceful setting, our community is convenient to shopping, dining, cultural and healthcare locations.

Our residents and residents’ families receive valuable peace of mind knowing that a certified nurse is on call 24 hours a day. Every resident enjoys amenities such as an emergency response system in each apartment, an on-site beauty salon and barbershop, housekeeping, laundry services, and snacks and beverages available throughout the day. When residents need assistance with daily activities, we provide the care services in the comfort and privacy of their apartment.

Our mission is to provide a lifestyle that fosters independence, actively engages the mind, invigorates the body and nurtures the spirit while offering you and your loved ones the peace of mind you deserve.

While some communities insist on new residents putting down huge, non-refundable payments up-front, we like to do things a little differently. We care about not only the physical and emotional well-being of our residents, but their financial health as well. That’s why we offer our residents all the perks of country club living without the expensive buy-in—just a simple lease.

Our community features spacious apartment homes and cottages with varying floor plans and amenities.

We offer fabulous Southern Hospitality! Our community offers a continuity of care- you can transition to a higher level of care when you need it and still live at The Retreat at Loganville.

Map of The Retreat at Loganville