The Retreat at Conyers

Reviews of The Retreat at Conyers

Assisted Living Reviews for The Retreat at Conyers

November 07, 2016

By Tom224505

It was a very beautiful place, and the apartments were extremely nice. It’s got a chapel built right in down on the first floor, a little movie theater for the residents where they show movies a couple of times a week, and a cafeteria which is nice, and the food is good. Very nice setting and very close to hospital and doctors offices.

July 28, 2016

By GM731172

My friend is here. It’s a very good and well-maintained community. She says that the staff is wonderful. It’s also convenient for her as it’s close to her house. They have different of levels of care and that makes a difference. The dining room is beautiful. It’s a really gorgeous place. They actually take their residents out in the community, which is very good. They go to lunch and shopping and do a lot with the seniors.

November 15, 2015

It has a really homey atmosphere. My relative has a very nice room and does lots of activities. Cleanliness is excellent.

May 31, 2015

By Johnny9

My aunt had stayed at this community. The personnel there were wonderful. They had a lot of activities. The food was wonderful. I ate there a lot. They had very nice big rooms. It was like a little studio apartment. It was secured. There was somebody at the door all the time. I was totally pleased with them.

August 28, 2014

It was an excellent facility, unlike the facility where my mom is now. They have aging in place and as your life changes, the quality of care can change and it could be upgraded so you wouldn’t have to leave to go to another facility. What I also like is that they have independent living as well as a whole section of one-bedroom apartments so you can live there on your own and have a kitchen to cook for yourself. Part of their amenities package is you get to have one meal a day at the assisted care facility -- it’s your choice of whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner. You also get the benefit of participating in any of the activities. Once again, you could live independently, but you’re not alone. You don’t feel like you are by yourself. I didn’t see the independent living apartments, but I saw the apartments in the assisted living area. The apartments were nice -- they were like studio apartments and they had a bathroom. You could also have your own refrigerator and microwave. People in the assisted living section got all of their meals with the program and you have your personal furniture there.

July 31, 2014

By Myra1

It is convenient to where we live and financially, it is a better place for my sister's budget. The staff is wonderful. Their cleanliness is excellent. They have people to clean the rooms and they are all good. The offer activities and she goes to a lot of them. They have bingo, movies, billiards, card tables and arts and crafts. They take them out shopping and they have worship service. They try to have the whole gambit covered. She is very happy there and I have nothing negative to say about them.

April 01, 2014

By William30

It looked very nice. The woman who gave us the tour was very nice and professional. She was really trying hard to get us into it. The facility was very clean and spacious. They have a pool table room and a library. She told us that they did things like bingo. The dining room was big.

December 16, 2013

By Susan81242950

People who were in the facility looked very well taken care of and they were very, very happy. The place was immaculate. The elderly people who were in wheel chairs were truly very happy people; they were just ecstatic. I've never seen that in a nursing home or anywhere where there was so much happiness in an elderly home. I've visited some residents that were bedridden and in separate rooms, and they were very clean, very rested, and very well taken care of.

December 16, 2013

By Russ5

It was a very very nice facility. It was super! I like best its cleanliness and the program they offer. Their rooms were very nice. They have several things for their residents including some outside activities. The one staff we came in contact with was very nice and very helpful. The people staying there seemed to be very happy as well.

Independent Living Reviews for The Retreat at Conyers

June 24, 2021

By Donna

My mother picked The Retreat at Conyers. It was very nice. They were just finishing up a remodel when we were there. There were some touchup painters there, but everything was clean and very pretty. They had a pool table room, a card room, a meeting room, and exercise facilities. They had pretty much all the basic rooms that everybody else has, but everything was brand new: all the carpets, the paint, the furniture, and everything. It was very nice. When they have a trivia night, bingo night, or something, they could win Monopoly cash used to purchase things in their little commissary, like basic needs, magazines, puzzle books, laundry detergent or just any little things that might be a little necessity or a little want. They were the only place we went to that had a little outdoor area for the grandkids who visit. The main building is separated a little bit from all the apartments, but everything's attached by covered walkways. It's like walking down another hallway. They also had an enclosed little area where you could let your dog run, which was something she was looking for. They had different parlors on each floor where the residents from those particular floors can sit and hang out. The laundry facilities were not in the room, but they were right next to these parlors. You could come and do a load of your wash and hang out, play cards, or do different things. They have housekeeping every week. They have full kitchens in their rooms, so she could cook or do whatever she wants. Her particular unit has two balconies on it, so she likes that a lot. They have the playground outside. They have another strip where they have outdoor activities. They also have a barbecue grill out there. The dining room was very, very nice, and they put in a new bar. It's just very pretty there. It's not as expensive as the others, but just as nice. They provide two meals a day: breakfast and your choice of either lunch or dinner. If they want all three meals, it would be like just an extra $150 a month, which is very reasonable if you're thinking $5 a meal.

Thank you so much for the kinds words, Donna! We appreciate it!

June 20, 2021

By Shirley

I was really interested in The Retreat at Conyers. They have assisted living and independent living. It's a very nice place with very nice people. The visit was excellent, I had a tour within the independent living because that's where I intended to move. I liked, most of all, the friendliness of the staff. They were very thorough and Leslie was excellent. I liked the units that I looked at, the 1-bedroom and the studio. They were very up-to-date and they had mostly everything that a person would like if they were to move in. I liked the activities too. The dining hall was updated. I had lunch there and the food was very good. They've been doing a lot of renovating too. When someone moves out, they would redo the laminated floors.

Shirley, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at The Retreat at Conyers! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

April 12, 2021

By Geleta

The Retreat at Conyers has a building that looks like a regular apartment house that's used for their independent living. Then they have another building where people are needing more help, their assisted living section. Then they have a section for Alzheimer's patients, and I think they have people from hospice come in as well. They have recreation programs for all of those who can participate. They have a beautiful landscape area, you don't feel like you're in a nursing home facility. It's very nice and the prices are right too. Independent living is $2,800, and for a second person it's $800. We got to talk to the cook during the visit, and everybody says the food is wonderful. They haven't had any COVID breakouts.

December 22, 2020

By Kathy

I've been to The Retreat at Conyers a couple of times and I have a feeling they may not have any openings right now because their staff has not called me lately. My doctors are out in that area of town, so sometimes when I was going to the doctor, I would just stop by and if the staff had time, she'd talk with me or show me the facility. I've been in one or two of the apartments there, but I guess it just wasn't good timing because it didn't work out. The staff was very sweet, very good, took me around, and talked to me about whatever. That's been a couple of months or so ago, so the Covid thing was still fairly strong, you couldn't really go around like you probably would like to, but we did the best that we could. I liked the location. It's maybe 10 miles or so from where I currently live, so for my family's sake, that would be convenient. I met a couple residents and they were all real nice, and the staff during the tour was very helpful. She gave me a lunch to take home one of the days, and it was okay.

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us. We would like the opportunity to talk with you again and see how we can assist with your search. We do have availability and will make sure someone reaches out to you. If you would email your contact information to Leslie Piper will follow up with you. Happiest of holidays this season.

October 04, 2020

By Cheryl

We chose The Retreat at Conyers, basically because my mother was familiar with the area. Her room was very spacious, but due to coronavirus, no one was allowed inside. Because of coronavirus, they don't have activities right now. I think most of the food is pretty good. They have all the activities but they're not using them right now. There's the coronavirus, and you can't do anything.

July 25, 2019

By George

It is nice and the people are friendly, but they have to go outside and walk down a walkway to get to the main dining hall. You can have your meals brought to you, but for people who like to dine in the dining hall, you have to walk outside for three or four minutes to get there. This place has both assisted and independent living. The staff is nice, knowledgeable, and helpful. The apartment that she is getting is very nice. My mother likes it. It has a full size refrigerator, a built-in microwave, the bedroom is big enough to fit her full size bed, and the bathroom and the living room are a nice size. It's a very comfortable apartment just for her. She can get two meals a day, and she can get a third if she pays for it. They do different types of activities and it's very clean.

September 30, 2016

By John758085

Our visiting experience was great. Unfortunately, the apartment that was available didn’t have a shower. It only had a bath tub, so my mom wouldn’t take it. I think they had a salon; there was an exercise area and a library. It was really nice. There was stuff going almost every day. They had arts and crafts. Two days a week they would take them out to doctor appointments or shopping. It was a community dining room, and it was restaurant service. With the independent-living, it’s one meal a day. If you wanted to do more, it was like $5 a day for each meal. The apartment had its own kitchen and a stove. You can cook for yourself -- which was nice.

April 25, 2014

By Caring82662050

It is nice, and it was clean. They have a lot of things for the residents to do and activities planned, like entertainment. The dining area was nice. I met with the assistant director, and she was nice.

October 05, 2013

By Jack17

It is close by my residence. Aside from the location, we also chose this facility because my mother liked it best among the facilities we visited. I also like that it is a large campus. There are plenty of places to go. There is independent living on one side and assisted living on the other side. My mom is in the independent living for about a week now. Their rooms seem to be nice. Regarding activities, there seems to be an abundance of them there. They have bingo, exercise, arts and crafts, puzzles, etc. In fact, my mother has already participated in a few of them. They have a real nice lunch, which is their main meal, and they would serve it in such a way that people are sitting together and nobody is left out. I've eaten there more than once. It's not homecooking but it's good. My mom was under a lot of stress going into a place like this, but we have seen great improvement so far. Right now, she seems to be satisfied being there.

Memory Care Reviews for The Retreat at Conyers

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: PCH006948

About The Retreat at Conyers

Situated on five landscaped acres with adjoining wooded areas in Conyers, Ga., we have the best of country living with city amenities. The Retreat at Conyers offers both Conyers Independent Living and Personal Care Community living. This is first-class Southern living at its best. We invite you to enjoy a carefree lifestyle in our warm, beautiful community!

The Retreat at Conyers combines the conveniences of home with the luxuries of resort-style community living. Feel free to stop by the billiards room for a game of pool, choose a book from our library or join a game of bridge in our card room. For more physical activity, you might want to visit our state-of-the-art exercise center or participate in a daily exercise class led by our Program Services staff.

If you’re feeling hungry, we have three separate dining rooms to choose from, where residents enjoy fresh, locally sourced meals with friends and family. Our menu reflects our Southern Heritage artfully prepared by our experienced chefs, special orders included! Dining is an integral part of the resident experience and we do everything to ensure you are delighted with your choices. To walk off your meal, we suggest a stroll along the walking paths in our beautifully landscaped courtyard. Should you ever want or need to venture our of our community, our transportation service can take you to church, the mall, the movies, museums, restaurants and the area’s best hospitals.

Our Conyers Assisted Living and Independent Living residents and residents’ families receive valuable peace of mind knowing that our certified Nursing Wellness staff are available 24 hours a day. Every resident enjoys amenities such as an emergency response system in each apartment, an on-site beauty salon and barbershop, housekeeping, laundry services, and snacks and beverages available throughout the day. When residents need assistance with daily activities, we provide the care services in the comfort and privacy of their apartment.

Prior to moving in we speak with you and your physician to find just the right level of assistance that will allow you to enjoy your independence to the fullest. Together, we will compose a Care Plan to guide us in assisting you. Our mission is to provide a lifestyle that fosters independence, actively engages the mind, invigorates the body and nurtures the spirit while offering you and your loved ones the peace of mind you deserve.

All of our buildings are connected by covered walkways, so your loved ones can be enjoy some fresh air, no matter the weather, and every apartment has its own patio! We have a long-tenured and very experienced staff.

Map of The Retreat at Conyers