The Gardens at Calvary

Reviews of The Gardens at Calvary

Assisted Living Reviews for The Gardens at Calvary

November 20, 2012

By JennySG

My grandmother was at The Gardens for almost three years. She was suffering with Alzheimer's so it was important for us to find a facility that allowed her to maintain her "independence" but gave us the piece of mind of having readily available medical services. She thought so highly of the staff, and in fact, spoke of the nurses as if they were her family. She enjoyed the communal activities and made several friends that we have continued to keep in touch with. But I think the most important thing was that the facility was in some way affiliated with a local church, and she just loved that showing her faith was not only accepted, but encouraged. And while she was able, she very much enjoyed the exercise programs. The building itself is a little outdated, but it was always very clean, and we felt very satisfied with the level of care she received. I would most definitely recommend The Gardens to anyone needing assistance with their ageing relatives. While it was a little on the pricey side, it was well worth the service.

November 06, 2012

By Columbusite01

The facility is a little outdated when compared to other area facilities. However there is a good sense of community more than likely owed to its religious affiliation. The staff is warmer once they get to know you, at first the reception seemed a bit stiff and unwelcoming. It's definitely geared more towards residents who are from this area rather than residents outside the area that move here in their later years.

June 04, 2011

By VanderDougl

Friend or relative of resident

The Gardens at Calvary is a wonderful facility. My great grandmother and great grandfather lived here for several years. I could tell they honestly cared about their residents and wanted them to be comfortable. There is always something for the residents to do, from exercise workouts to bingo. My great grandmother was worried before she moved in that she and my great grandfather wouldn't be properly looked after. That quickly changed. The staff are on call 24/7 and bring any scheduled medications to the residents promptly. My great grandparents have since passed, but I am still thankful to The Gardens staff for being so compassionate in caring for them. I would urge anyone in the Columbus area in need of assisted living to take a tour of The Gardens.

About The Gardens at Calvary

The Gardens at Calvary, which is a ministry of Calvary Baptist Church, is a special intimate community designed to be "home." The Gardens has been developed exclusively for those seniors experiencing memory impairment and is staffed by specially trained universal workers who provide a wide range of assistance including, personal care, activities, meal preparation and service, light housekeeping and laundry.

We have been blessed for 15 years to minister to senior adults in providing affordable housing at Calvary Community, and for 3-1/2 years The Gardens At Calvary has provided assisted living services. Now Calvary Ministries has expanded our Continuing Care Retirement Community to include a unit for memory impaired seniors.

Anyone who is looking for a home for their loved one is invited to visit and experience the uniqueness of this place.

Map of The Gardens at Calvary