Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

Reviews of Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

Assisted Living Reviews for Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

May 04, 2015

By Kaye4

My visit at Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation was a very good experience. They made us feel very welcome. It was a very, very good experience. We were looking specifically for assisted living. We ended up not doing it because -- it being the first time my parents had ever visited in a facility like this -- I think maybe it was a little bit overwhelming. The unit that they would have been staying in was very small. There was only a living room, a small bedroom, and a bathroom. The bathroom was very nice and a very good size, but the bedroom was too small to accommodate my parents' bed. They had to get twin beds to go there. The living room was very, very small. They had a small kitchenette when you first walk in. It kind of looked like a wet bar. It was a small sink with a microwave, some cabinets, and a small refrigerator. It would have been sufficient certainly for one person, but I think for the two of them together, they just really needed a bigger space. The apartment was nice, but it was small. The experience itself was wonderful. The staff was great. They were very professional. The facility itself was very clean and very well run. Their dining room was like being in a five-star restaurant. It was really good. They have all sorts of activities. They have shuttles to take them where they want to go. They have a room for physical therapy. They have different levels of care; you would pay a little extra, but there could be someone to come assist them -- e.g., to the bathroom, assistance with meals and things like that. The security seemed pretty good.

April 06, 2015

The person who gave us the introduction at Five Star Premier Residences was very nice. The place seemed clean. It was not what we were looking for because it was not full service. It was only independent living and assisted living. It did not have nursing care and memory care. It seemed very nice. It seemed like the hallways to some of the rooms were fairly lengthened which was a little concerning, but otherwise, the setup seemed fine. The dining area and the living area seemed fine as well. They provided me a calendar of activities and showed me all the different things that they have going on every day. The people seemed to be happy, and the staff seemed to be very nice.

February 22, 2015

By sjoan

"My dad is a resident in the assisted living building of this 5-Star campus. It is 5 star in name only, I can assure you. First of all, before moving my dad here I was told that all the activities, even the activities in the main, independent living building, are available to any resident, including those living in the smaller, remote assisted living building. Well, that may be so, but there is no coordinated or supervised effort to get the assisted residents over to the (much nicer) independent living building for any of those activities. Also, whenever I have asked for any kind of help for my dad, help in arranging for my dad to go to any of these independent living activities, I'm told that I have to hire a private aide for that. That seems a bit nutty. Many staffers at the assisted living building are rude and argumentative which never ceases to amaze me. The main reason why I opted for this place for my dad is because they had a supervised aquatics program. The pool is adjacent the independent building (of course) and management has decided that it is far too cold for swimming from October to April…really…for that many months? I am grateful though that they arranged for an aide to take my dad back and forth to the pool for the aquatics. Staff does the laundry for the residents but they just shove things into the drawers, no folding. My dad had spilled soup on the floor in his living room and, in spite of several calls to maintenance by staff, it took 5 days to be cleaned. My dad was living there for 8 months before anyone suggested to me that he see the visiting podiatrist for toe-nail cutting. Now this never even occurred to me but gosh, he's supposed to be getting aide and attendance, wouldn't someone, while helping him to put on his shoes, have noticed toe nails that were 8-months long!?! There seems to be little staff oversight. I don't have much to compare this place to but I have to imagine that things should be better than this for people who manage to live to their late 80s and 90s and are not suffering from demetia! I made quite a mistake with this move."

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Premier Residences of Plantation’s Assisted Living Community. Our Assisted Living is committed to providing the most value we can without compromising the care of our resident’s needs and concerns. Your concerns were reviewed this morning and we have taken additional steps to assure you and your loved one receives regular communications on several levels stated in your review. We would like your involvement in your loved one’s care and needs and we highly encourage your active involvement and open communication with the Resident Services Director and Executive Director at your earliest opportunity.

David Parkhill, Executive Director

November 22, 2014

By Diane96288150

The rooms in Fiver Star were great. They were nice and big. I was at the other facility, and it was like $5,700 a month, and their rooms were tiny compare to Five Star, which were almost half the price.

September 12, 2014

By Jim76297750

Five Star was the nicest and the best out of the three places I’ve been. The place is safe, nicer inside, and is in better condition. The lunch room looked nice and well taken care of. It didn’t look rundown and the amenities looked newer.

April 29, 2014

By Cindy46

Five Star Premier is unbelievable. That's why my mother picked it. Everything is positive about it. We're not in there yet, and I know something could change, but from what we see there's nothing bad that I could say about it. The people who helped us were very pleasant. They gave us a lot of good information, and they took us into independent living and to the assisted living and showed us around. My mother decided to go with the assisted living because that's what her insurance covers. The rooms were very nice. For what you need, they're good enough and big. My mother is moving into a 1-bedroom apartment, and it's only about 500 square feet, but it's all she needs. She doesn't need a kitchen because they cook all her meals. It's just a little kitchenette, and it's perfect for what she needs. They have activities and anything you could think of, like bingo, cards, they take them out to different places, and there's something scheduled every day for them to do. It looked like the people were happy. We talked to the people, and they seemed happy. One woman was there 8 years. They don't look like they're ready to die, like sitting in wheelchairs falling asleep.

April 11, 2014

By James78484850

Five Star is much newer, fancier, and everything was top-of-the-line. They have a nice patio overlooking the water. It has a large independent living unit and a smaller assisted living, but it has a no memory care, and that’s why we did not pursue it. The dining area is smaller and more exclusive.

December 31, 2013

By Marsha11

Five Star Premier Residences is a very well maintained facility. It is very clean. It also seems to have a lot of life in there. When you walk in, there are always people around and they seem like they are living not just existing. The staff is very helpful. My mom seems to like their food also.

November 27, 2013

Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation used to be Hyatt House on Sunrise Boulevard. It was a very nice place. It was very clean and very organized. Their rooms were spacious too. I had a sampling of the food and it was very good.

October 25, 2013

The most appealing facility that I've looked into was Five Star in Plantation. To us, it was very nice and seemed very comfortable facility. Everything was spread out for walking and very helpful if you have a walker. The hallways were wider. The food seemed good and the rooms were spacious enough for a couple. I would probably recommend this facility to others.

September 26, 2013

By William16

I visited Five Star Premier Residences at Plantation and the facility is very nice, but the problem was it was just too far from my children. We really like the place and we like the people. They have all smiles on their faces and that impressed me. They have different activities like bingo and poker. It also got different classes like art or sewing classes. They have quite a few different activities.

July 30, 2013

By Tony555

My Mother has lived at Five Star since February 2013, it has improved every part of her life. Her healthy life style includes great nourishment, socializing that is so healthy, and a sense of independence that she cherishes everyday. The security that she feels is priceless, not to mention the wonderful feeling we have as a family that. She is so happy.

July 30, 2013

By Jane32

When I went to Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation, the staff took me to the independent living facility and the assisted living facility and gave me all the information. The staff were pleasant and fabulous. The place was also clean and my tour was great. I would definitely recommend this facility.

July 23, 2013

My parents have been living in Five Star for about three months. The property is pretty nice but the apartments were nicer and updated and we got my parents the biggest two-bedroom apartment they have there. They seem to be in the ball as far as the medical staff and the medications for my dad but they also have nurses every couple of days to check on them. I looked at a few but this was the best of the ones that I looked at based on the price tag also.

June 29, 2013

By Kathy39

only met one person who showed me around. Oh my God the community was so beautiful, but they were out of our price range. The rooms were beautiful.

March 29, 2013

I visited Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation while I was looking for an independent living place for my parents. The staff were very friendly, open and informative so we had a good experience. The place was very clean. They had a small recreational area where they can play cards or hold conferences.

June 12, 2011

By SoccerGab

Friend or relative of resident

The care was decent and the area was clean. The real item that stuck out with me is that my grandmother in-law also stayed at one in Vero Beach. The classic residence facility was above and beyond the one in Vero. A major difference was the eating area. Much more freedom and the ability to relax and conversate. I'm not sure the differences between each, but the Vero one was crowded and unpleasant. I chose to write on the classic residence because the experience was good and made her feel comfortable at least for a little while in her final days. While we did not enjoy the reasons we had to go there, my wife and I spoke several times on what a great job they were doing taking care of her.

Independent Living Reviews for Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

October 31, 2014

Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation is great. I have been in the rooms every day; it’s a great place, and she is very happy. The room is 700sq. feet; it’s a got a balcony, full kitchen, and a nice clean bathroom with grab bars in the shower. The staff has been terrific, and they have done everything I could dream of. There are exercise programs, they had bingo, there are mind improvement games, and there is live music. I had dinner there twice; the food and dining area were great. They have their act together, and that really impressed us.

March 18, 2014

I moved to Five Star. It was very nice, clean and well cared for. I lived in the area and that’s why I was familiar with it. I’ve only been here a short time and everything seems to be very well taken cared of. I have a one bedroom apartment that’s very bright and nice. There’s a living/dining room combination, a kitchen, bathroom and a large closet. We also have a washer and dryer. The food and the service is very good. There’s usually something happening every day, they have bingo and black jack. They have a knitting club and a happy hour.

September 13, 2013

Five Star Premier Residences is a very nice community. A friend of mine who is already living there invited me along with several other friends to go down there, share a meal, and to go through the apartments. The staff was very informative and they showed us around and explained things to us. The apartments were very nice and very sizable. The common areas were very nice as well. Everything they have there was first class. With regards to recreation for their residents, they have exercise, plays, movies, games like bingos, etc. They also have a health facility, more like a fitness center. They were served restaurant style. Overall, I like this facility. I also like the amenities that they have. I also like the location, as it was convenient for me. I would recommend this place to others.

Costs for Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

Services and Amenities of Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: Savor An Array Of Culinary Creations Prepared Under The Supervision Of Executive Chef Jean Chery. Chef Chery Has Received Customized Training Provided By The Culinary Institute Of America On Nutrition, Healthy Cooking And Baking Techniques, Flavor Dynamic

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal

• Spanish

About Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation

Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation offers compassionate senior care in Plantation, FL. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Plantation, FL.

Map of Five Star Premier Residences of Plantation