Brentwood at Fore Ranch

Reviews of Brentwood at Fore Ranch

Assisted Living Reviews for Brentwood at Fore Ranch

January 18, 2021

By Karen

We're picking Brentwood at Fore Ranch. This is assisted living with memory care. I didn't get really into their accommodations or their activities having to do these kinds of things quickly. I really didn't look at it a lot other than touring. I toured the room, it was nice. I went around for half an hour or so, but I really didn't get any further than that. Everybody was very nice and the staff was very good. Down in Florida, we don't have a lot of limitations at all, so I pretty much saw the whole facility. Brentwood at Fore Ranch is the one we're going to place my relative into. The room is a 1-bedroom with a bathroom. There is a window overlooking the courtyard and everything overlooks a courtyard. Other than that, it's fairly basic.

Thank you so much, Karen, for taking time to share your experience. We’ll share your 5-star rating with our team, which will certainly brighten their day. If you have anything further to share, please reach out to us as we love hearing from you! - Alison

October 08, 2019

By FathersDaughter

Other

Brentwood at Fore Ranch was okay for my loved one. The rooms are fine for someone who doesn't need much room for safety sake. The staff very, very nice....However the nursing "team" lacks: just understaffed. My beloved did not receive on time and pulling on the "need help" signal/light was answered with delay. Did not receive medications when requested without delay. I almost had to be there everyday into evening to "stay on top" of my loved one getting their much needed meds. yes the dining room is nice---the whole place-- however what it comes down to: is your loved one getting attention in a "timely matter" regarding medications and attention...is the staff well aware of your loved ones needs (mine was wondering the hallways at night with no one aware-why I say understaffed). They offer activities however my family member was mainly alone and seldom encouraged to participate. I would have to go to the "nurse station" sometimes no nurse...to go line by line checking what meds were and were not given as scheduled. Like I said...Nice yet never felt I could completely depend on the staff (esp nurses) to check on my family member even when I would call and request.so---felt insecure about the safety of my elderly family member. Seriously, my elderly family member "wondering around hallways a night/ all hours with absolute no notice by staff is a little scary. Also I would be told by my family member: workers would enter all hours and would be in much pain not receiving meds as prescribed. My family member was very elderly and that is why a person needs to feel they are being well taken care of...being there most of the time-I realized it myself...guess it's under-staffing. Yet those who were there...very nice yet not enough care and personally (as far as I could tell) one nurse for each shift...that's too much responsibility for one person. Nice if you are in relatively good health, and need little assistance--still I was not confident of Med given within an hour of time due plus seemed there was very little watch of hallways/rooms I did not feel my family member was taken care of as should have! These are our family-our loved ones, we are doing the best we can for them seems Brentwood took it somewhat lightly.

Good evening, I hope your day is going well. My name is Shawn, and I work at the Milestone Support Center (located in Vancouver, WA). I first want to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I also want to thank you for the compliments regarding how friendly the staff and the building is. We at Milestone, regret that your experience didn’t meet our high standards of providing the best care possible. We would like to know bout what happened so that we can be sure to address the situation appropriately. If this is something you'd like to do, please send the community a private Facebook message. Thank you again, and have a great rest of your day.

June 26, 2018

By Kristina

My dad is a resident of Brentwood at Fore Ranch, and for the most part, it's awesome. They don't have very good telephone coverage for the old folks, and they have only one phone that everyone can use if they don't have a cellphone. Other than that, I've been thrilled with the way they know their clients and customers. We've been happy with the service so far. My dad's room is kind of like two rooms, and sort of like a studio because it has a bedroom area that's separate from the sitting area. It also has a little refrigerator and microwave in the kitchenette. It's very spacious and well lit, and there's a good-sized bathroom with a heated shower. It has everything he needs. From what I can tell, and from looking at the dining room, it seems to be a vibrant community. They have planned activities, and they were taking a group of people on a trip when I was there. They have a board with a list of everything that goes on every day, and my father also does therapy there a couple times a week. The place is very clean and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

January 26, 2018

By Lisa O.

My mom is living in Brentwood at Fore Ranch. It's a beautiful and newer facility. The room is a little bit larger and the staff is very nice. They have classrooms, socials, manicures, and ice cream parties, so they keep them pretty busy. They have apartments too.

April 12, 2017

By RDT

We really liked Brentwood at Fore Ranch. The people were super. It had a nice layout and memory care. They were very kind and willing to work with us. We worked with Young Marines, and when we had one of our drills there, they accommodated us to no end. We had invited the whole community, so people were coming in, many in wheelchairs, and enjoyed that event. The kids liked the food, too. They ate well that day.

December 29, 2016

By Jennifer560088

Brentwood at Fore Ranch is a bit out of town, but it is a new place. When you're driving out there, it's just so pretty and peaceful. The director and the residents are real cheerful and happy. There's a positive feel to the environment. The memory care is locked inside the building connected to the assisted living, and their activities are different from assisted living. They were singing Christmas carols, making snow globes, and playing Wii bowling and indoor badminton. They have a good amount of activities going on. The memory care dining area looks good, very clean, and very appealing, like you're going into a nice restaurant. The serving staff is really sweet and nice, and the food is tasty. Moving went very quickly, but it seemed like they knew we were coming in.

December 20, 2016

By Doug Barnum

The people at Brentwood are very friendly and helpful. Very professional. Rooms are bright, food is good and there appear to be many activities for those who which to participate.

December 14, 2016

By Kathy541377

I was very impressed with Brentwood at Fore Ranch. I loved the cafeteria, and the quality of the food looked very high. It appeared to have good care because they had doctors and a lab on site. Everything was great, and we were very happy with the whole place. Ginny was the one who assisted us, and she was great.

November 28, 2016

By Jerriej

Excellent facility for our Mother! The staff goes out of their way to show comfort and concern. The food is absolutely fantastic. We had Thanksgiving dinner buffet with our Mother and it was 5 star gourme...No exaggeration. Ginny with Marketing and Laura as Director are a professional, but fun team who really follow through and reached out to us in an appropriate manner to help us make the decision to bring Mom to Brentwood. And it has really paid off....This facility is Much Nicer than anything else we looked at and feels like home, but better!,,,

September 18, 2016

By Susan160220

Brentwood is more like a hotel. The corridors were very dark, and it was like a corridor in the hotel. I didn’t care for that as it gave me a very bad feeling. I didn’t like the feel of the place. The dining room felt more like a cafeteria to me and looked very confine. I only met one woman, and our personalities didn’t click. She was very nice, but it was a phony friendly type of person.

August 31, 2016

By Guardian781

Other

I want to thank Laura, the Director of Nursing and acting CEO for working so hard for the residents. She took a resident at 8:00 pm tonight and all the help was in place to make the move in smooth. She is AMAZING!

August 16, 2016

By Susan534271

We put my father in Brentwood at Fore Ranch, and it's wonderful. The staff is excellent. They call us for any little thing my dad might need or just to give an update on how he’s doing if he’s having a bad day. The apartment is really nice and has a nice window with a nice view. The food is excellent. The staff, from the cleaning staff to the RNs, are just wonderful. We’re very happy to have him in there. They’re exceptional. They have ice-cream socials in the memory care area where my dad lives. They have a history quiz and movie night with ice cream sodas, a library, and a "retrain your brain" activity every night, so they do a lot of things there.

December 04, 2015

By Robert Allen 5555

They make a lot of promises that they can not deliver. Most of the staff is very unprofessional and rude. They do have some staff that is very good and truly cares about the resident. The food has a lot to be desired.The resident's rooms could be cleaned A heck of a lot better. Housekeeping is deplorable. The residents are lucky if they get their sheets changed once every two weeks. You certainly do not get what you pay for at this facility!!!

September 30, 2015

By Amy113679850

I went to Brentwood At Fore Ranch for my parents. It was very nice. It was very well kept and clean. They showed us one of the rooms, and it was really nice. They had a little dining room that looked more like a regular diner that you would go eat in a restaurant and not just like a big cafeteria. It was very nicely done. For me, it was very conveniently located from where I live. They have a nurse on duty all the time, which was nice. They have some outside facilities where people could go outside, and they have a bus that would take people places. There were a lot of help on hand wandering around. The people that we met were nice. I would definitely go back and check it again because it seemed a nice place to be.

August 31, 2015

We looked at Brentwood at Fore Ranch. It was beautiful and large. It had a lot to offer. They invited us for lunch, which was very good. The dining room was very nice, and the people were very nice as well. One thing that impressed me was the friendliness of the staff. It made a huge difference.

Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your thoughts with us ... we continually find ways to enrich the lives of our residents and guests with Brentwood at Fore Ranch, because everyone deserves great care!

May 14, 2014

By missbhaven

I toured this facility last week and I have to say that the building is absolutely beautiful. The staff was very nice and they were all smiling and actually interacting with their residents. The residents seem to love it there and I actually got a chance to speak with a few of them while having a wonderful meal in the dining room and they were all telling me how much they loved living there. I think that speaks volumes when the residents tell you how much they love it. The food was superb, there is not another assisted living facility in Ocala that has a menu like the one at Brentwood and the food just melted in my mouth. It was wonderful. To sum it all up Brentwood is a wonderful place with a very friendly environment and I think I have made my choice....hands down Brentwood is the BEST!!!

May 04, 2014

By ocalabffr

I took a tour of the facility, it is the Best in the community, no one compares, or even comes close. I went to Windsor, Emeritus, Chambrel and the Bridge. I could not meet or see the Administrator/Executive Director at the other places, but I saw and spoke to the one at Brentwood, he was so warm and caring, he invited me to sit with him at lunch and explained everything to me in such great detail. I am bringing my Mom here.

April 14, 2014

By LovelyL

This is a beautiful place with a warm and inviting staff. The food in the cafe as well as the dining room was superb. I was impressed with the activities that took place during my visit. I look forward to visiting Brentwood of Fore Ranch again.

April 05, 2014

By happyffr

This is a magnificent facility - the BEST in town. Well kept and clean, no smells, dining room is beautiful. staff is courteous.

March 05, 2014

By bowerstravel1

Previous review since then it's gotten a bit more strange and worse. Father had diabetes which was controlled by pills. Now since being at Brentwood they give him all sorts of stuff with sugar in it. No diabetic menu in the main dining room despite being told that it was available. The in house pharmacy is a nightmare to deal with. I placed my father there so I could get some respite from taking care of him and at the costs I'm spending to have him there it's ridiclious that I spend so much of my time dealing with issue after issue. They tout Diabetes Care but provide him so many carbs and stuff that's not diabetic friendly. When questioned further they say Diabetes Care is giving Insulin shots. It's just sad that it's such a nice facility but I myself personally as a relative of a resident, have anxiety attacks just visiting. It shouldn't be difficult as it has been.

January 23, 2014

By Kathy70301950

Brentwood at Fore Ranch was lovely. It's a newer facility. The dining room was lovely. The rooms were bright, but small. It could not accommodate our furniture. We needed enough room for our basic king-sized bed and my husband's wheelchair. They don't have a kitchen in the apartment, and they would not let me bring my cats. Their residents seemed to be sicker and needed more care than my husband and me. It would be a nice place to live. It just wasn't suited for us at that time.

September 30, 2013

By Bowerstravel

Facility is beautiful and well appointed. The nurse in charge of memory care leaves a lot to be desired. Was told on admit "that father wasn't getting meds this evening because she didn't have the time nor did she want to sit down and talk with me regarding his medicines and my concerns. She was very rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend this facility based solely on the nursing staff and more specifically Patti.

August 24, 2013

By Aileen23

Brentwood is beautiful. The staff is amazing and the rooms are gorgeous. I would recommend it to people who could afford it.

July 11, 2013

By Sandy18

I saw both the assisted living and memory care section of Brentwood at Fore Ranch. The staff were excellent. Some of the activities were bingo, exercise, they had Friday night get together, movies, sing-along, and church service among others. They had beautiful rooms and they were well-maintained both inside and out. The dining area was restaurant-style and the food was really good.

Memory Care Reviews for Brentwood at Fore Ranch

Questions about Brentwood at Fore Ranch

What programs or activities does Brentwood at Fore Ranch offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Connection, engagement, purpose – check, check, check. Each day, you’ll find opportunities to explore new interests, connect with neighbors and give back to the larger community. Programs are thoughtfully planned to fully support eight quality-of-life attributes – or dimensions of engagement – essential to well-being of all people, regardless of age.

What places are near Brentwood at Fore Ranch or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Situated in the “Horse Capital of the World” close to natural springs and lakes, Brentwood at Fore Ranch is a rustic, suburban senior living community located near West Marion Community Hospital, Advent Health and Ocala Regional Medical Center as well as Shoppes at Heathbrook, Appleton Museum of Art and Rainbow River State Park. Wake up every day in a safe, intentionally designed living space. We tend to the cooking, housekeeping and home maintenance so you can participate in social, cultural and exercise programs including “Lunch Bunch,” “Move & Groove” and “Art without Boundaries.” Choose from a menu of seasonal, nutritious, chef-prepared dishes in the dining room.

What transportation services does Brentwood at Fore Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled Transportation Drivers provide residents with a ride to appointments and group outings by car or accessible bus.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brentwood at Fore Ranch exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Community mealtime feels like a special event and is always enjoyed in the company of neighbors. Choose from rotating menus of nutritious, chef-prepared dishes made with fresh ingredients and served to your table by friendly staff who know your tastes and preferences. Menus are planned to meet your nutritional needs, and we easily accommodate special dietary requests.

What safety features or security measures does Brentwood at Fore Ranch offer to assisted living residents?

Trained team members are available 24/7/365 to assist residents. Residents have wearable devices or mounted pull cords in their apartments to notify staff in the event of an emergency. Team members monitor residents’ well-being during mealtimes, medication passes and care services, and more often as needed. A comprehensive plan is in place to safely evacuate residents in the event of an emergency.

Describe the neighborhood around Brentwood at Fore Ranch. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Costs for Brentwood at Fore Ranch

Photos of Brentwood at Fore Ranch

Services and Amenities of Brentwood at Fore Ranch

• Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Extended Congragate Care License

About Brentwood at Fore Ranch

Welcome home to Brentwood at Fore Ranch! We are a two story, 96 unit community offering Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory care.

With frequent scheduled activities and outings, restaurant style dining, large open common areas, fully equipped fitness center, specialized care plans tailored to each resident, and so much more, Brentwood at Fore Ranch is the new standard of excellence in providing care to seniors in the Ocala area.

Map of Brentwood at Fore Ranch