Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center

April 24, 2017

By maven2

My mom is currently in this facility. It takes at least 30 MINUTES before anyone answers a call light. AND.- If you are sitting on the bed pan it takes another 30 minutes for someone to take you off-. The staff has a very uncaring attitude. They make her wait for pain medication- after having hip surgery. I didn't think we lived in "that era" anymore....

December 24, 2013

My husband was a resident of Margate Healthcare Center. It was a clean facility. He was in a nice room that he shared with another man. It had plenty of room for both of them. My husband was only there for 18 days. It was supposed to be a good facility and they're supposed to give him therapy in the morning and afternoon, which he didn't get. They always had an excuse, e.g., they said he didn't like it. I would go there just to make sure that that they would come and get him for his therapy. I would also make sure that he would eat. I wanted for them to give my husband once-a-week shower, but he was there already for a week and a half and they didn't do that either. You constantly had to remind them. After 18 days, they said he was not progressing, so I just took him home. I would also say that they're understaffed. They need more help in there. Food was okay. My husband would order what he wanted.

December 23, 2013

My mom has been in Margate Health Care Center for two weeks now. It was referred to us by the hospital. Our experience there is very good. The facility is very good and beautiful. It is very clean. The staff is very helpful; they're good. The food is also good. They do have activities there. My mom went to rehab everyday and then they have games, presentations, etc. She likes this place.

September 19, 2012

By bbeyerl

I feel that Margate Health Care Center is a wonderful place to reside the elderly who can no longer care for themselves. My grandfather lived there for about a year before he died. Every time my family went to visit him, that staff was friendly and helpful. They also were able to give us details on how my grandfather was doing and they truly seemed to enjoy their jobs. The facility was very clean, updated and had many amenities. Most of the residents were keep active by playing games like Shuffleboard and Bingo and if the staff did not have anything planned for that particular day, they would allow the residents to go outside to the recreation area to relax or even take a walk with a staff member. My grandfather wanted to be home with the family, so he did try to escape a time or two but the staff must have kept a close eye on him because he never made it past the emergency exit. My experience with this nursing home was great and I have recommended it to many of my friends with older or sick relatives.

Services and Amenities of Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center

Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Margate, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Margate Health and Rehabilitation Center