Waterside Landing

Reviews of Waterside Landing

Assisted Living Reviews for Waterside Landing

October 18, 2016

By Super Girl444173

We moved mom here. We chose it because they have very good activities. The staff is very good and attentive. The place is also very clean.

February 23, 2016

By Gloria120291750

It was much cleaner and had a much better layout with larger apartments than in other places, and had screened-in patios. I liked the way the dining room worked with different menus every day, plus the standard menu. If you don’t feel like going down at meal time, they’ll bring your meal to you. There was also a room to get snacks. I all just seemed friendlier and warmer.

August 21, 2015

By Diane112393850

The lady was very friendly. For someone who is looking in that area, it would probably be a facility we would consider. The common area, the dining area, and the rooms where the residents stayed were nice. The staff was very informative. I saw people dining, and we went to the different rooms. They had a room where they celebrate birthdays and special affairs for the people there, and the grounds were pretty big.

May 22, 2015

By Renae2

We liked it, but my father-in-law was only there maybe two weeks. The food was decent to good, and everybody there was really lovely. They had shows, movies every night, happy hour, music at least two to three times a week, and they had everything that could have been great. The only negative with this place is it is very large, and if the person is not able to get around or not willing to, that’s difficult. It is not brand new, but each room was terrific. Every room has a kitchenette, full-sized refrigerator, and living room. They update everything. We have to pay more money to get a bigger room for him because we knew he would never go to the dining room or anywhere. The people were lovely, I went with him to happy hour, and he was amazed at how nice it was. They were helpful; we didn’t have furniture but someone was selling it, as somebody passed away. The sales person, Sandra, was very nice.

January 13, 2015

By Allison5

We did several visits and we saw each type of apartment that they have from the smallest to the largest. Each individual apartment has their own cable, and the larger apartments have a full kitchen so if they wish to cook themselves, they can. They all have screened in patios, and they also allow small pets. The staff was really nice, and the woman who was in charge of making sure that everything keeps running was amazing. Everybody was willing to go the extra step to answer any question you needed, and it was really their selling point because it was so clean and they were just very efficient. Everybody was really friendly. We ate lunch there to see what it was like, and the food was very good. They have a regular menu if you choose not to have the meal of the day. They have an entertainment area with a grand piano where they have entertainers come in, and then they have a separate room where they play cards or bingo. They also have a TV room where they can all sit and watch movies together.

November 07, 2014

By Janet96432650

It is the one that I like a little better, but they didn't have memory care. I did try eating there, and the food was good. They showed us a room and that was it. It's a bedroom, and that was it. It was clean though.

June 25, 2014

By Robyn5854

The neighborhood was fine. Their grounds looked fine. I thought the rooms were lovely. The staff was very nice. They gave me the activity list. However, it was just a little disconcerting that the independent and the assisted were in the same building. As you walked in, you would see all these people in wheelchairs, and it sort of felt like a nursing home and that just turned me off. It did not give a good first impression. It was like a nursing home, and I was looking for independent.

May 30, 2014

By Lisa85830050

I was able to visit. The staff were very friendly during the visit. The rooms were very clean and very nice. Their dining room is very clean. Their residents looked happy.

March 27, 2014

By Diane80682150

We chose it because it was near me and it was a very nice place. We had very limited interaction with anybody there, but everybody seemed very nice. The rooms were nice, and it had a kitchen. They offered activities, but he didn't participate in any because, though I had signed him up and paid the rent, he refused to go. So, he didn't spend a night nor a day there.

January 31, 2014

My friend wanted it because they had a pool. All in all the facility was okay. I was able to visit there one time and the staff were good. Their dining room is also nice.

October 18, 2013

By Joe22

I have no qualms about it. I live in an apartment with a living room, a bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and a patio.

Independent Living Reviews for Waterside Landing

January 01, 2020

By Ellen

I toured the independent and assisted living of Waterside Landing. It was brand new and very nice. The apartments were also brand new and nice. I like the idea that they had regular kitchens. The person who showed me around was very nice and very friendly. They're pet friendl and it is a large community. Landscaping is very nice. They have a pool, and they have enough parking.

Questions about Waterside Landing

What programs or activities does Waterside Landing offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Waterside offers a wide variety of programs to meet the wishes and needs of our community. From lifelong learning, current events, spiritual, pool exercise and day trips Waterside Landing caters to the community. If there's something a resident wants and desires it is our pleasure to oblige.

What places are near Waterside Landing or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Waterside is centrally located with easy access to the Florida Turnpike and SR-7/US-441. From community centers, shopping, hospitals, dinning and entertainment it's all within reach from Waterside Landing. Only a few minutes drive to the Coconut Creek Casino.

What transportation services does Waterside Landing offer to assisted living residents?

Waterside has transportation for all residents including wheel-chair transportation if needed. Scheduled transportation is free as is all transportation within a 10 mile radius. If any resident needs assistance while out of the community we are happy to supply a companion.

What safety features or security measures does Waterside Landing offer to assisted living residents?

The health and safety of our residents and their families is a top priority. All visitors and vendors are required to be screened at the front desk upon arrival. Masks as still required for all guests and visitors as well. The reception desk has screening equipment that will ask specific questions relative to COVID-19 and that same equipment will scan each visitors temperature.

How does Waterside Landing keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Waterside Landing has a close relationship with each and every family that has a loved one residing at Waterside Landing. Families can choose preference of how to maintain contact. Each resident has the right to privacy. Waterside Landing will only communicate with family members when a resident requests it or if a family member is an active Power of Attorney.

If Waterside Landing accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are welcomed at Waterside. Residents who have a pet must be able to care for the pet. There are non-refundable deposits required for dogs and cats. Waterside landing sits on a beautiful campus with lush landscaping, winding walking paths and a beautiful patio and pool. Dogs and cats are welcome to the outdoor grounds and when inside they will be welcomed to stay within the residents unit unless they are a registered service animal.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All Waterside staff are required to complete training prior to working for the company and required to complete continuing education and training. All training and education is geared to senior living as well as life safety.

What safety features or security measures does Waterside Landing provide to protect residents who wander?

Waterside Landing is a licensed assisted living community. Residents are free to come and go as they please as this is their home. Due to licensing we are not permitted to "lock-in" and prohibit anyone from leaving the building. If a resident is a wonder risk and or if a resident does not have awareness as to what is dangerous or if they pose a risk to themselves or others we are required by law to find a suitable environment for them. This may include Memory Care. We will be opening Memory Care late 2022. Waterside is a 24 hour community. The front door will lock in the evening however there is someone at the desk in the lobby 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.

Costs for Waterside Landing

Photos of Waterside Landing

Services and Amenities of Waterside Landing

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee: $2500, Pet Fee: $500, Second Person Cost: $750

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Insurance
  • Check

• State Licenses: Assisted Living Facility License Pending

About Waterside Landing

Waterside Landing offers a resort-style setting complete with swimming pool and lake views topped off by beautifully landscaped courtyards and walking paths.

At Waterside Landing, living options include Independent Living apartments with full sized range, oven, dishwasher and refrigerator. As needs change, there's no need to move as you can "age-in-place" without having to relocate. Our Assisted Living program is available when and if you need it.

Take full advantage of the pampering services that are included, such as; scheduled transportation, 3 Chef-prepared meals, daily snack service, laundry and linen service, wellness checks and much more.

Participate and engage in whatever you want to do. Live life on your terms at Waterside with our Life-Long Learning programs. Waterside Landing is an Alta Senior Living Community, Where People are our Top Priority! That means you and your family!

Waterside Landing offers Independent and Assisted Living in a resort style setting. All units are month to month rental and include meals, scheduled transportation, electric, cable, laundry service, entertainment and special lifestyle programs.

Map of Waterside Landing