Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee Kissimmee, FL

Reviews of Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

Independent Living Reviews for Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

June 10, 2017

By Very Dissatisfied beyond Measures

Regarding the care center "nursing home", I would NOT put my loved one there. I was SO disappointed as I had heard very good things about Good Samaritan, so to my surprise, when I saw a loved one there, I was appalled. The rooms are dirty, dirty windows, floors. Ants crawling around, the windows were disgusting. I never saw a friendly or helpful staff member-they were terrible to the friends family. My friend had 2 rings stolen from her!! As far as the meals go....Take something to your loved one! I am so sorry that I reccommended this facility...I will NEVER do it again.

June 01, 2017

By anna482522

My sister liked Good Samaritan Society. It was very nice. They were friendly people and very helpful. The place was very clean and very big. We only met 2 members of the staff, and they were very helpful and very nice. They took the residents out to walks and trips, and they had games, cards, and bingo. Everything was so nice and clean, and it made us feel at home.

April 25, 2017

By Linda528344

I liked Good Samaritan very much. They were extremely helpful and friendly. The apartment was a lot like my home, and I liked it. It was clean and well maintained, and the grounds were absolutely beautiful. The location had a little too much traffic for me.

September 29, 2016

By James277546

The neighborhood and the facility of Good Samaritan were nice, including the dining area. However, we were disappointed because they claimed they could care for dad through the different stages, but when he got to the assisted living stage, they told him he couldn’t stay because he had a catheter. I could never recommend it to anyone who thinks that they’re going to have any commitment to take care of a resident through the stages. They should stop advertising that claim.

February 10, 2016

By Trish9

We had checked out Good Samaritan Society. I liked it a lot, but we were concerned about the cost. I thought it was very nice. They had everything. The people working there were very helpful. We had a lovely young woman that drove us all over the place, and gave us all kinds of answers to our questions. If I did not have a problem with money at all; I would move in tomorrow.

January 27, 2016

By Phil20

I toured Good Samaritan Society. It was spacious. It had all the amenities that I required and also medical support. It had a golf course, swimming pool and jogging path. The price of the rental was very acceptable. I only dealt with one person on staff and she was very informative and very likeable. They do swimming and aerobic classes.

December 21, 2015

By Lee29

I really liked Good Samaritan, but it is too far away from Lakeland. They did had what I wanted. I’m not an indoor person, and Good Samaritan was more geared for the outdoors and had screened-in rooms, which is what I wanted. We tried the, food and it was very good. They have activities for the residents and an activities director that seemed to keep residents busy. The staff seemed very nice and friendly.

July 28, 2015

By Dalila

The real reason that my mom chose it was because it was near a nudist camp, and she is a nudist. They are great there too. She plays chess and swims every day.

July 28, 2015

By Barbara111329550

I did visit Good Samaritan. The place was very beautiful. It was very nice. I liked seeing the different restaurants that they had -- the eating places -- and it was decorated very lovely. They had the rooms where you could go take a book and sit and read, or you could go outside. The rooms were small, naturally. The idea is to go there and participate in the different activities, and not just sit in your room. That is the one thing that I had to remember because I kind of love sitting by myself. I liked the idea that they had these little bus stations into where the residents are, and if you were going to some place like to a store, to Walmart, or someplace, you would meet at those little bus stops near your house, then the bus would come pick you up, take you, and then will bring you back. It was just a very nice idea because you are really not stuck there alone. The place itself was beautiful. It had a very nice entrance way. The foyer was all decorated, and there were pretty chairs and flowers, so it was nice to see that there are places like that. The only thing that was wrong that I couldn't take advantage of these places was the price. I know you had to pay for these things, they don't come free, but I just couldn't afford to live there right now. I know that if ever I need assisted living, they have it. I could probably move from independent into assisted if need be.

March 07, 2015

The staff at Good Samaritan Society was very nice. The buildings were a little dated, but they are in the process of repairing. I was given a tour by one of the managers or directors there, and she showed me the entire facility, talked about how they have all kinds of levels of care depending what the particular needs would be, and took me to all of the rooms that had all those stages. Some folks of course can feed themselves, and I saw them doing puzzles, watching TV, and arts and crafts going on.

November 11, 2014

Good Samaritan was very good, but we thought it was really too high for us at that time. It has a lot of things to do for people in their 70s, 60s, and 80s. They got bingo and game nights. The room was about 1300 square feet for that place, and it’s on a golf course. The food was excellent, you just go to the restaurant, you order want you want, and you pay for it. They have two different restaurants -- that’s normal -- and they have a little fancier restaurant. The staff was very nice, helpful and friendly, they take you around. They have car park and pharmacy.

June 23, 2014

By NOTHAPPY101

I must give this location 2 stars one for the staff and one for managment. The director of this location who goes by the name if Missy is incredibly RUDE and when she doesn't like what she hears she simply laughs in your face. I have seen so many bad things happen at this location that it turns my stomach! I am going to have my family membered REMOVED from here ASAP. DCF needs to really do a SWEEP. The CNA some are amazing and some are TERRIBLE. So many errors were made and no apologies. It's so sad that a SO CALLED "Christian Community" has some very NON Christian manners. Whatever you DO please do not put your loved one in this facility OR ANY for that matter. You may think it's the best thing but once they get in there they will NEVER be the same. They lose all confidence in themselves. My family member walks with her head down ALL the time and HAS NEVER EVER done that. The Director of Therapy told me that if I wanted therapy for my mom it would be $200 an hour because she didn't require it. MIND YOU my family memeber has Parkinsons and NEEDS as much much help with motor skills. My family member went in there because of a stroke she was so much better off home. THIS PLACE HAS RUINED HER!!! I HATE GOOD SAMARITAN SOCIETY!!!! Bunch of CARELESS, HEARTLESS people with the exception of maybe 5.

June 17, 2014

By Larry1529

Good Samaritan Society is rather large, about 500 acres. It is a faith-based community. What we were interested in this place in that they have facilities to put a manufactured home on their site. They would go from one bedroom to two bedrooms to three bedrooms. They also have summer apartments. I looked at a three-bedroom/two-bath with attached garage unit. They have a whole lot of activities. They have an indoor pool, an outdoor pool, and a golf course. They also have a marina, so I could put my boat there. It meets everything I need. They even have a direct access to the closest public supermarket.

October 16, 2013

By Caring71900450

I went and saw Good Samaritan Society. It was a gated and secured community and it was very nice. What I really liked about them was that the building was done in Tuscany style. They had a lot of amenities. It had a golf course and they had seven villages. They had manufactured homes and duplex houses. They also had a three story apartments, which I looked at. They had a beautiful little lake with pavilion where you could have picnic; they had two pools, an indoor heated pool and an outdoor pool; they had a big library; they had a big and beautiful fitness room; they had a dining room and a cafe in it. The apartment was very comfortable. It had a huge bathroom and a full size kitchen with stove and refrigerator. It also had washers and driers. It also had a small patio, which I liked. They seemed to have more than the others and the price was comfortable. They had people that would come clean your room once a week. They had a shuttle that could bring you shopping or doctor's appointment. You could purchase a golf cart and drove around. They also had a medical facility in the property.

September 20, 2013

By Martin8

I visited Good Samaritan Village because I live nearby this facility. I also know some people living there. I like it very much. They have several activities for their residents. Their menu looked fantastic. Their accommodations were also fantastic. I like the studio apartment that I saw. It is perfect for me. I can get around in it easily. The people that I talked to were great. They're very helpful. I would highly recommend this place. If I have the money, I would go there.

September 06, 2011

By DNaz

The facility barely qualifies for the 1 star rating. The staff though somewhat caring is barely qualified for medical rehabilitation care. My father was there recently after open heart surgery and had to be taken back to the emergency room after 3 days with fluid in his lungs, something that any qualified medical personnel would've spotted easily. He was sent there on the recommendation by his Surgeon and that was a big mistake. There is only 1 registered nurse on the floor for all beds & only nurse assistants are there for actual care. When he was taken back to the hospital, the nurses at the hospital themselves said that they would never take their loved ones there. There are better options especially with Rehabilitation Hospitals in the area. All I can say is to visit the facility and trust what your gut tells you based on what you see. If you have loved ones already in there, I'd take them out as they aren't getting the care that they deserve.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

May 10, 2016

By DonaldMWXIU

My experience at Good Samaritan Society - Kissimmee Village was very positive. It was spacious, well-kept, active, and alive. The apartments were very well-planned; they had suites with a shared living area or private ones. They have an excellent system for monitoring the movements of their residents, like how often they get up at night and move to and from the bedroom. They had several restaurants and a regular dining room.

February 15, 2016

By Elaine37

My sister is in Good Samaritan Society. To me, it's understaffed, and it's not on top of things over there. It's an aging complex. She hasn't participated, but there are a lot of programs over there. There are 30-to-40 clubs to join, but she's not been able to do any of that. There are four apartments in a row. She lives in an outside quad, and it's not been very easy for her because there is no street that comes in front of it or behind it. So for her to walk out to catch a bus or for visitors is very difficult. Even if you're having delivery of UPS or something, they can't just drive up to leave a package. For her, it's not conducive because she needs more assisted living. Those that are independent, it works OK, but not for her. The food is a good value. I've been to two of the dining-rooms. The café is definitely understaffed, but the food is decent; and the main dining room, the Heritage, is of very good value. It's a huge complex, which is enclosed. You have to come through a gate which gives it a lot more security which is good for the seniors. You can live in a mobile home there, in a home, in an apartment, or in a townhouse.

December 30, 2015

Good Samaritan Society was one of the places I visited. The staff of this community was good. Unfortunately, the community itself was not what I needed for my mom. I've eaten there a few times, and the food was good. The dining room was clean, too. I think the rooms were a little too small for for the residents. However, they had all kinds of activities, from swimming to shopping.

November 29, 2015

I visited the Good Samaritan. The representative that we spoke to was very helpful and showed us around. The facility seemed very nice, and the housing seemed very comfortable, very clean, and very well-organized. It is costly for someone on a limited income.

December 03, 2014

By Robert102523050

I was at Good Samaritan, and they took really good care of me. It was really great. The room was nice. It had a bed, a dresser, a kitchen table, chairs, and a big screen TV, and they cleaned it every day. They came in, changed the sheets, and mopped the floors everyday single day. The staff was the kindest people I had ever met. They had this caged in room outside, and it had different butterflies for the people. Every day they put new butterflies in there all year long. They had three dining areas, and the food was great. It was clean, and they would serve you the food. I don't think they should improve on anything. They should just leave it the way it was. What really impressed me the most were the people, the nurses, the doctors, and the staff. The staff alone was fantastic.

July 23, 2014

By Joanjordanwood

I was a resident exceptional care in every way

December 29, 2013

We used to live in Good Samaritan Village. It was a full-service continuum of care place and it had all the amenities. It was the largest employer of health care for seniors in the Country and they had like 250 centers around the country. My mother was there for 24 years and I lived with her for 10 years. I liked the setting the best because it had 435 acres of property, lakes, island, wild life and beautiful trees. I also liked the fact with a golf cart you could go where you want to. It was right adjacent to the public shopping plaza, which had a very nice grocery store. You could go through a private gate with your golf cart to go to the grocery store and come back. It was a great place for people, especially those who wanted independent living. It also had a golf course. It had an in-door and out-door swimming pool. It had planned activities like a bus that take to the grocery store or Walmart, Target or K-mart. The apartments were larger, but of course, there were different kinds. You could have mobile homes, apartments or luxury garden apartments with huge room. You could leave in the three or four-story building with very large room. They also had nursing home care, rehab and assisted living. We lived in the independent living, but we had friends with the other settings.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

About Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee

Good Samaritan Village is a beautiful 425-acre gated golf course community where residents enjoy wide open spaces of the great outdoors, exciting amenities, a full social calendar, scheduled bus service, set amid oak canopies, lakes and parks.

Nine distinctive types of housing, all with access to a Full Service Continuum of Care. As a rental community, a unique prepaid lease program is also offered to preserve personal assets while minimizing monthly expenses. Housing options include studio, one, two, and three bedroom apartments, mid-rise, ground-floor, or custom designed manufactured homes or re-sale models. Services include scheduled transportation, 24hr manned gate and village patrol, and a life enrichment director to keep the social calendar engaging. Upon request, additional services are available some of which include out-patient therapies, housekeeping, and handyman services as well as a restaurant and Cafeteria onsite. Kick your shoes off and make yourself comfortable as you browse our website to learn more about our unique community.

Map of Good Samaritan Village at Kissimmee