Riviera

Riviera (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Riviera

Assisted Living Reviews for Riviera

July 28, 2015

The staff was very gracious. Riviera reminded me of a hotel -- they had that kind of an atmosphere. The dining room was very nice, but I like something a little less formal, and this was more formal. They had entertainment and movies. It's on the main highway, which I don't care for.

March 23, 2015

Well, mom and dad have only been in Riviera just about a month, but everybody seems friendly. They certainly care about the patients. They’re quick to respond which is the most important thing. They’ve got a calendar posted. They have different activities everyday. They have bingo, cards, scrabble, and play games on the television. They got movies, and they have events at least twice a week where they can leave. They plan to go some place for lunch and go to some other special place. The care has been excellent.

November 27, 2013

By Diana22

What I don’t like about Riviera is that there's just too much walking. The room that is available takes so much walking and my friend doesn’t walk very well. The rooms were okay, nothing fancy, but they were fine. They were clean and it had enough space. Their appliances were a little old, but that's okay. The staff that gave us a tour did a great job. The lady took her time to explain everything and showed us everything. They did well with all that. They offered us free lunch although we did not eat, but the food was looks good. We talk some of the residents there and they seemed pretty happy.

November 26, 2013

By dp ormond beach

I took a tour looking for my mom and all I can say is the Riviera is definetly a class act. I ate lunch and it was delicious from soup to nuts. Everyone was very accommadating I could not ask for more. I will be moving my mother in after the first of the year and I am sure she will feel like she is on the best cruise ship ever.

June 25, 2013

By Art5

My dad is in the Riviera and every aspect of it is just super. They have an activity manager that is really great. They have tons of activities, they take residents out to Walmart every Friday morning, they go to lunch at a different restaurant every Wednesday, and they take them out to dinner or to different places. They took them on a dolphin cruise a couple of weeks ago. They play Wi golf and Wi bowling with them every afternoon, and they have bingo and all kinds of stuff. The food is awesome. They have a full menu everyday and they don't just choose from one or two different items. If they don't like what's on the menu, they can get a hot-dog or a hamburger or whatever they want. The staff is awesome. Everything that they do, they do extremely well.

May 31, 2013

By Mikelle

My mother's been to Riviera. It was a really beautiful place. She was there for a couple of years, but she started wandering, so they couldn't maintain her there. That's not a secure enough place for somebody with dementia or it's not a window or house secure type of place. The staff was sweet. They were nice and they were nice to her. From an amenities point of view, it's almost prettier than any place you could be. You could walk a block and a half from the Riviera down to the river. It's very beautiful, elegant, old, and full of history kind of building, but it wasn't the place for somebody who wanders because there is no security there.

May 22, 2013

We visited the Riviera because it was in our price range and it looked nice from the outside. It actually was pretty nice and clean. The rooms were good and functional, not fancy, and seemed to be well-kept. The staff was very friendly. They fed us and the food was good. But, it smelled a little funny, like a nursing home. It definitely is a place to consider.

January 15, 2013

By Stellatoni

Talked with some of the residents. They seem to totally enjoy living there. They highly recommend the place.

Independent Living Reviews for Riviera

November 24, 2016

By Vick137343

I liked the Riviera. It was a little out of my price range, unfortunately. For the apartment that I would have wanted for my mom, it was $500 or $600 more than I could really afford. Otherwise, I would have selected them. It was beautiful, the staff was very kind, and it just felt more upscale. I would move in there actually. I really liked the place. It was really top-notch; it’s just a little out of my price range, sadly. The staff was very nice; all of them were really super. The dining room was very nice -- just a little on the small side -- so I wondered how they could accommodate everyone. They had to have done it in shifts because it wasn’t a huge dining area.

October 13, 2016

By Joanne103356

Riviera seemed like a nice facility. I think it would have been a nice facility for my brother. They had the independent care and then the graduated memory care, which I felt was nice. They had entertainment. In fact, the last time I was there, they had a rather young activities director who was in a room, and they were having cocktails, dancing, and music. Everybody was very happy having a good time listening to music and some of them moving on their walkers. Riviera was an older facility, and it was pretty big. Again, it’s an older facility -- and you can tell they have age on them -- but they have kept it as clean as they can be. I thought it was fine. The staff was very helpful, very pleasant, and very nice. They’re very interested, upbeat, and happy. They’re what you would expect staff to be when dealing with seniors.

December 21, 2015

By Mary117606350

We found a place for my aunt called Riviera Senior Living, and I’m very happy with it. They’re accommodating, pleasant, and helpful, and my aunt is happy. The room is beautiful. I have eaten there a couple of times already, and their presentation of the food is wonderful. If a resident doesn’t seem to like something, they make every effort to find something that they do like. I have not observed that with my aunt, but I have seen other residents ask for something different, and they have been very accommodating.

November 30, 2015

By Bob116453450

Riviera Senior Living was really first-class, and the staff was excellent. They were very up on everything and answered all our questions. We did a tour, and the rooms were extremely larger than I expected. They have a lot of access to things. There are two bedrooms and two separate baths. It would have been my cousin and her daughter. All things were really nice.

January 29, 2015

We were able to visit Rivera, and it was nice. It offered several amenities of what we were looking for, but not exactly what we were looking for. It was also expensive for what we could afford. I saw them doing activities like bingo. I saw a lady walking, and she was kind of lost. Everybody was so helpful, and I think that was a good thing.

April 29, 2014

Riviera is an older place, and it needs updating. I liked the location; it’s on a major street if you need to get to anything. The rooms are all right, but they’re not as well-maintained. They offer a lot of activities. The staff seemed to be very nice. The food was all right; I had lunch there, and they had two dining rooms. They have both assisted living and independent living.

September 19, 2013

I had a good time during my visit in Riviera Senior Living. We had a light lunch there and the food was excellent. I had fun participating in their nice little program going on at the time. I looked at some of the rooms and they were very comfortable-looking. They were also very clean.

July 29, 2013

By Linda53475850

My mom is at the Riviera Senior Living. We chose it because it is about one minute from my house and it is very nice and she could have her own furniture. She can have a little bit of independence in there, but still will be watched over. It is always clean and my mom likes it. I have eaten there and I liked it. They have a lot of activities, there's always an activity every morning, afternoon and night. The environment and the area are very nice. The staff is also very nice although they do have a few staffing issues that they'll work out. I just think they need to have consistency in the caring that they give and on their staffing. But my mom is happy there and I recommend it to others.

March 28, 2013

By ormond girl

what a great feeling when you walk in the door. everyone is chatting or doing some kind of activity. the people that live there seem very happy. wonderful staff, great food, and nice people. my mom can't wait to move in

July 27, 2011

By mapman

My mother has been a resident at the Riviera Senior Living Center for several years and enjoys being there at their assisted living quarters. They also have on-campus facilities for independent living and nursing home options. The Riviera has old world charm, courteous and responsive staff, and great food. It is very convenient to shopping, hospitals, medical parks and just 5 minutes from the shores of Daytona Beach.

Photos of Riviera

Services and Amenities of Riviera

• State Licenses: AL9948

About Riviera

Among the palm trees and warm ocean breeze of Holly Hill, Florida, Riviera Senior Living Community welcomes you. Formerly known as the Riviera Resort Hotel, our Independent and Assisted Living community features unique architecture; high-ceilings, arched doorways, large windows and wide hallways that recall an era of elegance and charm that is not duplicated anywhere else in the greater Daytona area.

The moment you walk into Riviera Senior Living Community, you are part of our family. Relax in a cozy chair, shop the nearby stores or enjoy one of our many stimulating activities, Riviera Senior Living Community makes you feel right at home. From our caring, dedicated Independent Living and Assisted Living staff to our inviting courtyard and decor we create a family-oriented place you will want to call your own.

Map of Riviera