Clear Creek Care Center

Reviews of Clear Creek Care Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Clear Creek Care Center

January 06, 2016

By RandyCPat

Our experience with the staff and facility at CCCC while our mother was there for long-term care and then hospice care was WONDERFUL. 1) The Facility: Pro's - New and shiny does NOT = "better." CCCC is an older facility, but was very comfortable and had about as close to the warmth of "home" atmosphere as we could find for mom. It was extremely clean, updated (as of October 2015 and, I think always ongoing), and had comfortable beds (according to mom) and rooms. She had to share a room because we couldn't afford a private one, but it was partitioned into two sleeping areas by a very nice window wall, not a noisy flimsy curtain. The effect on the feeling of privacy was amazing. It was well lighted and was a comfortable temperature all the time (and I spent A LOT of late nights with her). All the necessary medical and rehab equipment seemed well maintained and clean. The common areas, such as the huge TV day room, family restrooms, dining rooms, and outside areas were always clean. There are three outside areas (including two enclosed garden areas), with plants and flowers that were very well cared for, and allowed for mom to sit with us in the sun but be out of the breezes. The dining rooms were clean and comfortable and family was always welcome - a privilege I took advantage of often because the price is right ;o) and mom enjoyed us being there with her. Con's - There was a faint smell of urine in the halls when she arrived but the carpet was replaced with much more hygienic and cleanable laminate flooring, and the walls were sealed and painted - smell gone. Being a rehab center as well as a long-term care facility, there are always transient unpleasant odors (vomit, poop, urine etc) but the air system seemed very capable of handling it and ridding it very quickly, as well as the staff being on top if it and clearing the source as soon as they could. The only issues in the cleanliness standard I ever saw were the family members who left their own trash and cigarette butts on the grounds or couldn't be bothered by cleaning up after themselves or flushing the toilets in the family restrooms (stuff that took staff time away from other work to clean up). 2) Staff: Pros- Mom had been in and out of hospitals and rehabs for a few years. The doctors, physician assistants, nurses, nursing assistants, attendants were as well trained and competent as any I've seen over the years. Due to the vast number of meds and antibiotics my mother was on, she experienced clostridium-difficile (C-dif) in the hospital BEFORE going to CCCC. They enforced health protocols to the letter. The staff at CCCC were meticulous in caring for her and safeguarding her health and the health of her room-mate. They were professional, very competent, and caring..as well as fun (if you let them - they are people after all). The dietitian and kitchen staff prepared a huge variety of healthy food choices and mom always had a number of choices. The food was always delicious (my opinion, as I ate with mom a number of times). The staff are human and not robots. Treat them with courtesy and respect and they'll appreciate it. They are caring for YOUR family member after all and become attached and often friends with their patients. It is (or should be) a team effort - with you as part of the team. If you plan on dumping you mom or dad there and visiting once a year, don't complain if your'e not treated like a king. Cons - There may be limited staff at any given time, so we had to wait for an assistant to help clean up mom a couple times. My take: we couldn't afford a 24/7 personal care attendant for mom, so we and she had to accept that. Cost: They say "you get what you pay for" but in our case we think we got a hell of lot "more" than we had a right to expect given our serious financial restrictions. CCCC was very affordable and a good value for the money. They worked with our family on the cost and payment and had good advice on medicare/medicaid. CCCC was where I'm glad my mom could spend her last weeks on earth.

September 16, 2015

My father is in Clear Creek, and we like that one very much. We've had very good experience with it, so I would rank it very highly. They have lots of activities. My father doesn't always choose to participate in them, but he has the option. They also have trips. He has been there three years now. The staff is fantastic, and the accommodation is excellent. He had trouble with a roommate, and they made a switch right away. We're very satisfied, and he is happy and comfortable. He likes the food; he's a meat-potatoes kind of guy, and that's what they have.

July 30, 2014

My husband was Clear Creek Care Center and it was an average facility. It's clean and the dining area has tables and tablecloth and centerpieces although the food could be improved on. The staff were all fine. They do have entertainment, parties, and all kinds of things. I would recommend this as a starting out place for nursing care.

October 25, 2013

Clear Creek Care Center is a nursing home that is small and very intimate. It seems like the patients there would have one on one care with their staff. What I liked about this facility is that instead of having curtains divide for the shared rooms, they are now building wall to separate the patients and that made it almost an independent room. The rooms were nice and comfortable. I love the way they have pets roam around and I think that helps with the seniors living there. The food is very good. What I did not like about this facility is that it's located in an old neighborhood and I wasn't really sure about that part of town.

Services and Amenities of Clear Creek Care Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2018

About Clear Creek Care Center

Clear Creek Care Center is a senior living provider in Westminster, Colorado that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Clear Creek Care Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Clear Creek Care Center