Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living
Offers Memory Care
Questions about Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living
What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?
We have specific training through our management company that all staff is required to complete, along with educations at all staff meetings and other training from outside agencies.
How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?
Ratio is 7 residents for 1 staff member on all shifts.
What programs or activities does Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?
We have activities 7 days a week, with one on ones, outings, exercise etc.
Who assesses residents' health and cognitive functioning? How often is that assessment repeated?
Our LPN Norma and RCC Vian work as a team with our visiting physicians. Care plans are completed frequently, along with care conferences for families.
What techniques does Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?
We have smaller dining areas to accommodate residents, assist with feeding if needed and staff motoring during meals.
How does Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?
Updates are given whenever there is a change in condition, at care conferences and any time a family requests the information.
Describe the neighborhood around Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?
We are located in a residential area.
Is Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?
Not at this time.
Services and Amenities of Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living
Room and housing options
- Housing Extra: Companion Suites
- Resident Capacity: 40
- Minimum Age: 56
- Pets: No Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: 23G939
About Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living
Aspen House II is a secure living community, licensed for the care of elders living with Alzheimer's Disease or other cognitive impairments. Our goal is to provide a safe and secure home environment for each of our residents. With our superior carepartner-to-resident ratio, and state-of-the-art security systems, families are assured peace of mind knowing that their loved one is well protected.
At Aspen House, we provide an environment that is calming and structured and is conducive to your loved one's unique needs, especially as the disease progresses.
- Activities that stimulate social, cognitive, and physical abilities and designed for those with special memory care needs
- Person-centered activities to keep residents engaged in meaningful ways
- Individual activity planning for persons with diminished attention spans or capabilities
- Incontinence program to manage all levels of incontinence
Building is designed specifically for those with cognitive impairments:
- Family dining in four small dining rooms.
- "Neighborhoods" where residents experience a personal, intimate home feeling
- Secure and safe living environment for those who might wander
- Alarmed, delayed egress locks on doors
- Fenced in area with level sidewalks and gates with alarmed, delayed egress locks
Able to provide high level of care for individuals:
- High staff-to-resident ratio, awake and on duty 24 hours, and able to meet the physical and emotional needs of those with memory impairments
- Specially trained staff to assist with all activities of daily living; dressing, bathing, eating, grooming, etc.
- Staff trained to understand the specific behaviors, needs, and supervision of individuals with cognitive impairments
- Staff experienced at behavior management techniques such as redirection or diversion
- Aspen House works closely with local hospice services to provide spiritual, emotional and medical support through the end of your loved one's life.
Map of Aspen House II Memory Care Assisted Living
Senior Living Communities near Larimer County, CO
Other Senior Care in Loveland, CO
- 8 Things to Do When You First Learn Your Loved One Has Alzheimer's
- 10 Signs It Might Be Time for Memory Care
- 8 Red Flags That an Alzheimer's Caregiver Needs a Break
- Memory Care vs. Assisted Living
- Memory Care Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- How to Find the Alzheimer's Care Facility That is Right for You
- Paying for Memory Care: 7 Things to Know