Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living Denver, CO

Reviews of Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

January 26, 2022

By Terri T

I love Harvard Square. Friendly staff, good food, they are doing a renovation and it looks great. There is always a lot going on for the residents and the management really care. Happy place

August 10, 2021

By Lisa

My dad has been in Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living for less than a month now. He is happy there, and he is doing well. They are friendly, very competent, and made it really easy for us to get my father to move in. He loves the staff and the food is good too. They have exercise classes. He plays cards. They play movies for them and other activities. It seems to be a really social place, and they really invite their people to be a part of the group activities. They have a personal car if you have a specific thing you'd like to do or they can take you on a bus as they offer activities outside the facility, which are good as well.

June 27, 2021

By Mary

My father is in Harvard Square. We toured it a month ago. We moved him in just last week. They are very nice. The rooms are very nice and very clean. The staff has been awesome. His apartment has a bedroom, a kitchenette, a living room, and a study. It's quite big. There are one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studios. They have exercise classes, bingo, and a happy hour on Thursdays. They have a library, a huge courtyard with a big walking path behind the facility, a beauty shop, and a workout room. They also have physical therapists if they needed to do mobility. It's a very nice facility.

June 26, 2021

By Shelby

We have chosen Harvard Square for dad, but he hasn't moved in yet. The facility was really nice. The guy who helped us was extremely helpful. He gave us a really thorough tour. We ended up having some financial problems, and he was able to work out a really good deal with us as well. The rooms were really nice. We liked that the one-bedrooms have a full fridge. They had a lot of activities. We did a lot of virtual tours with the other places, but this was the only facility both virtual tour and in-person where we actually saw people kind of hanging out outside of the rooms (which was kinda nice). That gave us the sense that people weren't isolated. I tried the food, and it was really good. Everybody there was really nice. I'm actually vegan, and they actually had vegan options, which was kinda cool. That's really unusual at any type of place. They had homemade chickpea burgers, so I was really impressed.

May 01, 2019

By for12birds

Beware! Talking with several people before moving in my mother, I SPECIFICALLY asked about levels of care and care as she became weaker physically. They talked about tier or care level 4 which would be TOTAL CARE. I asked more questions about this and they assured me that it is "TOTAL CARE" BUT, when my mom was in the hospital, a nurse came out to re-assess my mom, and they felt she needed two people to transfer her and they would not accept her back at the facility. I called repeatedly and left messages (both with the receptionist and voice mail with specific individuals) and after several days, not one call has been returned. They are very happy to take your non-refundable fee of $1500 up front, but OMIT very important information about levels of care provided for residents. If I would have been told the answer to my questions (without omitting the BIG fact that total care does NOT include two person transfers, I would not have moved my mom i n there in the first place!!!! Summary - they are happy to take your money, but no service afterwards. Aides who provide care - there were a few good ones, but most did the bare minimum. On multiple occasions, my mom would wait in the bathroom for help over 20 minutes before I went in to help her. Then there were times when an aide never showed up at all after ringing the call light.

Please contact me to address your concerns. I assure you we hold ourselves to the highest standards and respect each and every resident and their families. I’d appreciate discussing your feedback and your mother's care plan in greater detail. Sincerely, Annette Hunt, Executive Director

November 02, 2016

By Doug265756

Harvard Square's rooms were fine. The dining room was fine, and the food was good. The only thing we didn't like about it was when you walked outside it was like being in the middle of New York City. There were tall buildings all around, so from that perspective, we didn't like it so much. The building was old -- about 30 years old. It was spruced up a bit, but you can tell it was old. The rooms were adequate, clean, painted, and in good shape. The hallways were a little bit dark. There were just a few things that were unacceptable.

July 02, 2016

By Wendy601845

They have very confident personnel at Harvard Square, a very nice dining room, and good food. The room looks nice and normal. They have many activities. It was the right place for my friend. They have good-sized units in a decent location.

April 14, 2016

By Incoming Resident

We found what we wanted and right where we wanted it at Harvard Square, so I’m giving it a try. I think I’m going to love it. They’re very adamant about fulfilling your needs. One of the things I like about it is the way they do their dining area. I’ve been in some of these with my in-laws two years ago, and I know they don’t all do it this way. Here, they have café tables, and if you don’t want to go down, they’ll bring your dinner to you, but they try to have you eat downstairs close to the food preparation. The food was excellent. They have a chef that cooks it, and he keeps it going every day. You get a menu of choices. My room is exactly what I wanted and never thought I would have the chance to get in in a facility like that. It’s everything I expected and more.

July 14, 2015

I put my father in Harvard Square last May. I am very pleased. The staff interacts well with him, answers all the questions he has, and responds if he has an issue. The room is small, but everything is well maintained. I am impressed so far, and I do not have any complaints. It appears to me that they have a lot to offer. My dad hasn't partook on any of it; I'd like to see him do that, but at 91, he is a little reluctant. I am trying to make him involved. I think it will be good for him, but he gets tired easily.

February 16, 2015

My mother-in-law stayed in assisted living when she died because she basically had a respiratory (it’s kind of like pneumonia) type of thing, and it took her quickly. We utilized two assisted living facilities; the first one that we went to was Harvard Square. She was only there for one week, and I would say their care was fair to good. I think my mother-in-law needed more help than we had anticipated, so it was not their fault. They were in the midst of starting the place -- new carpets, new painting and stuff -- because it did look a little dated. Physical appearance is good; it’s just that they hadn’t done any wallpaper and painting that kind of stuff for a couple of years. The staff seemed pretty appropriate and approachable. The facility was close to the highways, so it’s easily accessible, and there were a couple small shopping places around.

August 27, 2013

Harvard Square is a close-knit community. I visited this facility for my parents. Their independent and assisted living units are all under one facility but they're in different floors. They also have very clean and nice-sized living quarters. In terms of staff, they have a nurse available from 6 am to 6 pm and they also have a doctor on-call. They offer a lot of activities that would encourage interactions amongst their residents, which is nice. They have a very good system wherein if residents were to go anywhere, they would have to sign them out where they are going, how they're getting there, and then, they would sign them back in when they come back. They have late afternoon system wherein they make sure their residents are in their rooms, make sure they haven't fallen, and make sure they're okay.

February 18, 2013

By Don3

Harvard Square was probably the most reasonably priced, and it is close to our home for my father. The staff is very good. They're doing a good job. The rooms are fine and the food is good. We're really happy with them.

Independent Living Reviews for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

July 28, 2015

By Leigh4

They were pretty good at responding to me. I looked at their menus, and they seemed to have good quality food. The apartments were not as fancy, but Harvard Square was a smaller facility, which I like. It's homier and wasn't as institutional. They had a lot of activities. They had a bus or van that took people all over for shopping and different events. I don't think they had a stove. I cook and I eat a very specific diet, so I would want to be able to cook my own food. I like that they had some individual décor in their units rather than the standard where they were all kind of the same.

July 12, 2015

By Superior

I liked the rooms at Harvard Square. I don't think they had a garage.

July 31, 2014

By Michelle88620250

I really liked Harvard Square Retirement. The staff looked good. The rooms were very nice and roomy. The restaurant was very nice and clean. I like the services they offer.

June 25, 2013

By Aileen 1

Harvard Square has a feeling of home. The environment, staff and the residents were all what we're looking for. I've been living here with my wife. I definitely would recommend this place to others.

June 20, 2011

By An Eldercare LPN

This assisted living facility is in a very small building that doesn't look like anything fancy from the outside and needs to be updated some, but it's very clean and well maintained. Everyone seems to love it once they become residents. It's almost comical. Residents who need to be away on a hospital visit, for example, are always anxious that their rooms will still be available for them"”which says a lot. I've heard many of them repeat the same phrase: "I have to get back to Harvard Square." The staff and administration just make it feel like home. It seems that the women residents especially love living there, saying they appreciate the homey, intimate atmosphere and personal care they receive. The rooms are very small, but clean"”and bathrooms have a great setup, which makes them easy to get around. The food is excellent. Residents are always satisfied with it, and there's a cook who has been there a long, long time and takes pains to please individual residents as much as possible. The administration treats the employees well"”from the housekeeping staff to the cooks to the hairdresser. It seems like a pleasant place to work, so it's also a pleasant place to live. There's just a good atmosphere at Harvard Square that feels contagious. The whole staff is very professional"”and will even come to visit residents who are released into nursing homes in the area, which is a rarity. Finally, there are great activities offered"”walks around the block, shopping to malls and to nearby concerts. The activities director is very creative and also does a lot of research on residents' wishes"”going the extra mile to find activities for those on limited incomes. Residents are also encouraged to do tutoring with high schools in the community, so they get the chance to be engaged that way, and exposed to people of other ages in the community.

Memory Care Reviews for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Costs for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Photos of Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

About Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Live at Harvard Square Retirement Community in Southeast Denver and you will experience service beyond the expected; way beyond in fact! Our friendly, experienced staff really goes the extra mile (or two or twenty) whenever needed. You'll find examples of this in every area. Not only do we offer fresh seasonal dining, we cater each entree to your liking. Go ahead, challenge the chef to make your grandma's favorite chicken noodle soup recipe or your mom's Irish stew. You may just find a warm childhood memory in each bite and also that it becomes a regular menu item!

Join in some of the engaging programs offered or suggest your own group outing for the activities calendar. We embrace new ideas and make sure to have something fun for everyone. And speaking of fun, our local attractions offer tons of outdoor fun. We are close to Babi Yar Park, Cherry Creek Reservoir, and the Utah Park Recreation Center. Other options include indoor fun at the movie theatre, shopping center, or take visitors to the historic Clocktower Building nearby.

For your healthcare needs, we are conveniently located near Kaiser Permanente and the Aurora South Medical Center. Should you need just a little help, or a lot, we offer a full menu of assisted living services on-site, always delivered with care and finesse. Talk with us today about how we can help You start Living Better Than Ever, we can't wait to meet you!

Community Features

• Elegant, four-story building located in a quiet residential setting
  • Spacious, beautifully landscaped grounds
  • Off-street parking
  • Laundry facilities
  • Billiards
  • Large outdoor deck
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Full calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities
  • Full-service salon

Apartment Features

• Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
  • Bathrooms designed for safety and comfort
  • Emergency communication system
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting and window coverings
  • Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
  • Comprehensive fire safety system