Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living Denver, CO

Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

July 14, 2015

I put my father in Harvard Square last May. I am very pleased. The staff interacts well with him, answers all the questions he has, and responds if he has an issue. The room is small, but everything is well maintained. I am impressed so far, and I do not have any complaints. It appears to me that they have a lot to offer. My dad hasn't partook on any of it; I'd like to see him do that, but at 91, he is a little reluctant. I am trying to make him involved. I think it will be good for him, but he gets tired easily.

February 16, 2015

My mother-in-law stayed in assisted living when she died because she basically had a respiratory (it’s kind of like pneumonia) type of thing, and it took her quickly. We utilized two assisted living facilities; the first one that we went to was Harvard Square. She was only there for one week, and I would say their care was fair to good. I think my mother-in-law needed more help than we had anticipated, so it was not their fault. They were in the midst of starting the place -- new carpets, new painting and stuff -- because it did look a little dated. Physical appearance is good; it’s just that they hadn’t done any wallpaper and painting that kind of stuff for a couple of years. The staff seemed pretty appropriate and approachable. The facility was close to the highways, so it’s easily accessible, and there were a couple small shopping places around.

August 27, 2013

Harvard Square is a close-knit community. I visited this facility for my parents. Their independent and assisted living units are all under one facility but they're in different floors. They also have very clean and nice-sized living quarters. In terms of staff, they have a nurse available from 6 am to 6 pm and they also have a doctor on-call. They offer a lot of activities that would encourage interactions amongst their residents, which is nice. They have a very good system wherein if residents were to go anywhere, they would have to sign them out where they are going, how they're getting there, and then, they would sign them back in when they come back. They have late afternoon system wherein they make sure their residents are in their rooms, make sure they haven't fallen, and make sure they're okay.

February 18, 2013

By Don3

Harvard Square was probably the most reasonably priced, and it is close to our home for my father. The staff is very good. They're doing a good job. The rooms are fine and the food is good. We're really happy with them.

Independent Living Reviews for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

July 31, 2014

By Michelle88620250

I really liked Harvard Square Retirement. The staff looked good. The rooms were very nice and roomy. The restaurant was very nice and clean. I like the services they offer.

June 25, 2013

By Aileen 1

Harvard Square has a feeling of home. The environment, staff and the residents were all what we're looking for. I've been living here with my wife. I definitely would recommend this place to others.

June 20, 2011

By An Eldercare LPN

This assisted living facility is in a very small building that doesn't look like anything fancy from the outside and needs to be updated some, but it's very clean and well maintained. Everyone seems to love it once they become residents. It's almost comical. Residents who need to be away on a hospital visit, for example, are always anxious that their rooms will still be available for them"”which says a lot. I've heard many of them repeat the same phrase: "I have to get back to Harvard Square." The staff and administration just make it feel like home. It seems that the women residents especially love living there, saying they appreciate the homey, intimate atmosphere and personal care they receive. The rooms are very small, but clean"”and bathrooms have a great setup, which makes them easy to get around. The food is excellent. Residents are always satisfied with it, and there's a cook who has been there a long, long time and takes pains to please individual residents as much as possible. The administration treats the employees well"”from the housekeeping staff to the cooks to the hairdresser. It seems like a pleasant place to work, so it's also a pleasant place to live. There's just a good atmosphere at Harvard Square that feels contagious. The whole staff is very professional"”and will even come to visit residents who are released into nursing homes in the area, which is a rarity. Finally, there are great activities offered"”walks around the block, shopping to malls and to nearby concerts. The activities director is very creative and also does a lot of research on residents' wishes"”going the extra mile to find activities for those on limited incomes. Residents are also encouraged to do tutoring with high schools in the community, so they get the chance to be engaged that way, and exposed to people of other ages in the community.

Costs for Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Photos of Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2500

About Harvard Square Retirement and Senior Living

Live at Harvard Square Retirement Community in Southeast Denver and you will experience service beyond the expected; way beyond in fact! Our friendly, experienced staff really goes the extra mile (or two or twenty) whenever needed. You'll find examples of this in every area. Not only do we offer fresh seasonal dining, we cater each entree to your liking. Go ahead, challenge the chef to make your grandma's favorite chicken noodle soup recipe or your mom's Irish stew. You may just find a warm childhood memory in each bite and also that it becomes a regular menu item!

Join in some of the engaging programs offered or suggest your own group outing for the activities calendar. We embrace new ideas and make sure to have something fun for everyone. And speaking of fun, our local attractions offer tons of outdoor fun. We are close to Babi Yar Park, Cherry Creek Reservoir, and the Utah Park Recreation Center. Other options include indoor fun at the movie theatre, shopping center, or take visitors to the historic Clocktower Building nearby.

For your healthcare needs, we are conveniently located near Kaiser Permanente and the Aurora South Medical Center. Should you need just a little help, or a lot, we offer a full menu of assisted living services on-site, always delivered with care and finesse. Talk with us today about how we can help You start Living Better Than Ever, we can't wait to meet you!

Community Features

• Elegant, four-story building located in a quiet residential setting
  • Spacious, beautifully landscaped grounds
  • Off-street parking
  • Laundry facilities
  • Billiards
  • Large outdoor deck
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Full calendar of fun and engaging programs, events and activities
  • Full-service salon

Apartment Features

• Spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
  • Bathrooms designed for safety and comfort
  • Emergency communication system
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting and window coverings
  • Individually controlled heating and air-conditioning
  • Comprehensive fire safety system