Brookdale Lowry Denver, CO

Reviews of Brookdale Lowry

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Lowry

November 14, 2016

By Melissa420832

The nice thing about Village at Lowry is it is right by the Lowry Town Center, and there are shops, supermarkets and restaurants there. It's a nice place to walk around. It's also in an old army officers' quarters. It used to be an air force base. We met a lot of residents who gave us great feedback and who love living there and said that it was a great place to be. They also have ambassadors -- people who are living there who will be like your buddies. They also had nice, big balcony areas that you can sit on. It's also on busy streets. They had libraries all throughout the building and a lot of army military vets. Since it used to be an old barracks, they have a lot of military stuff in the facility like old uniforms and hats, and anybody who has a vet can submit their picture and they'll show it on a screen so we thought that was nice. The rooms were really big, and it was the cheapest or least expensive place we saw, so it's very reasonably priced for assisted living. Their memory care is very small, and we didn't like it as much. It seemed more like a nursing home although the staff there was great and trying to get everyone involved. It's a really nice place, and it's in a great location.

March 23, 2016

By Dixie9

Village at Lowry accepted only cash, so it was very expensive. The accommodations and everything were very nice, but it was something I could never afford. The people all seemed a lot older.

March 08, 2016

By Very Happy Resident1

I am in Village at Lowry. I am impressed that they have a lot of open space for the residents to gather on every floor. The staff is very nice and kind, and the food is excellent. I am kind of limited in what I can do right now, but they have so many activities on a daily basis. They have outings, musical guests and guests for other interests, like painting and different types of arts. I cannot say enough good things. I am so glad I am here.

February 29, 2016

By Charlotte27

We liked Village at Lowry very well. It's just that they felt my husband needed memory care. We weren't able to do the price, and we wouldn't have been able to stay together. The rooms were beautiful. It's a gorgeous place. They had nice staff, and everybody there was nice. We would've taken it, but it just didn't work out that way. Their nursing assessment didn't allow us to be in the apartment we wanted to be in.

January 26, 2016

By Dena F

I'm at Village at Lowry. I'm very well, and I'm receiving very good care except the food is atrocious. Other than the food, everything is wonderful. When I moved here, they had independent living, but now it's all assisted living. It's institutional food, and I'm not used to that. They've thrown every piece of furniture away, and they've completely redecorated the place. It looks lovely. They offer standard activities. They have meetings, speeches, and bingo. The staff is very good. It costs a lot of money, though.

January 19, 2016

By Pat118921050

The staff at the Village of Lowrey seemed very friendly and had been very helpful. They didn’t quite have what we were looking for, though; that’s why we didn’t place my sister-in-law there. She took a turn for the worse quickly. The rooms seemed OK and were of a pretty good size for what we were looking for. I didn’t see much activity happening. They showed us a list of some of the places they visit, which seemed really nice, but I didn’t see anything particularly going on in the facility. It was a little quiet, and I would have liked a little more activity, but it was good.

December 20, 2015

By Anonymous116419250

Village at Lowry was very clean. It was a nice-looking, well-run facility, though it looked somewhat rundown, like a hotel that has gone six years without renovations.

September 30, 2015

Villages at Lowry was absolutely horrific. It was one thing that should be turned down or demolished. It was horrible, dirty, old, and awful. I see why it was only $2000 a month. I looked at the rooms, the dining, and the amenities, and it was not a very nice place.

We apologize that your tour of Village at Lowry did not meet all of your expectations. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions, and we are very sorry if you felt disappointed during your visit. We would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

August 31, 2015

Village at Lowry is moderate-sized. It is an older building, but they have made upgrades with the paint and the carpet. The room is pleasant; it’s nothing exceptional, but it is nice. My mom has enjoyed the religious services that they have; they have different denominations which are helpful to a variety of people.

August 09, 2015

By Robin110546250

My mother is in Village at Lowry. The facility itself is beautiful and clean, and they are in the process of renovation. The staff is very cheerful and really seems to care about the residents at the facility. They attend to them timely and always have a happy smile. As far as the room -- the one-bedroom apartment. It is well taken care of and spacious. You can go around. It is set up in a way that it will be easy for an older person. They have a huge library. They have a puzzle ongoing. They have activities such as bingo, karaoke, and sing-a-longs. They have performers that come in and sing. They have bus trips out on some local areas or to the malls. They also provide a golf cart so you can go to the local grocery store or the library across the street.

July 14, 2015

By Edwin5

My visit at Village at Lowry was nice. It seemed like a nice place. Everybody seemed happy. The residents were very pleasant, and they seemed to be in good spirit. The apartments were very nice. It was clean and well kept.

May 14, 2015

By Karen106829350

It is centrally located, and it's not just assisted living; it's a home. My mother has a two-bedroom apartment, and the staff seems to be very caring. The food is very good and not high carbs. They have golf carts that take the customers across the street to the shopping centers, and the bus takes them shopping to a variety of different stores as well as to central city to do some gambling. She has been in Village at Lowry for a little over a month now. There are older furnishings, but they're in the process of renovating the entire building. The majority of the staff seems to care about their jobs, and they enjoy their work with the customers. Their motto is that "this is the customers' home, not theirs."

April 29, 2015

By Anonymous 1

I thought the people were all very kind and welcoming in Village at Lowry, and it just had a very nice warm feel to it. The rooms were a little dated, but very spacious.

April 20, 2015

We have her moving in Saturday to Village at Lowry. It’s about halfway between my work and my home. It’s 3 meals a day. The staff was great. Many of the residents came up full of personality and wanted to know who their new company was. It was very compassionate; it gave me a good feeling. It looks remodeled, very airy, and very bright. It’s small, but I think it’s going to work out just fine. There’s an Albertson within walking distance. They can get out and go do whatever they want. They have a fairly large community with dementia and Alzheimer's, so they do quite a bit to try to stimulate their minds, and they do a regular trip.

February 18, 2015

By Barbara102409850

I have been here in Village at Lowry for three years. The place is very nice. It is revamped because it used to be a bachelor officer quarters when Lowry was an air force base. The rooms have been redone. They have one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and studio apartments. I have a one-bedroom with my own bath. It is very quiet although the food is not terrific, but I do have a stove. I go out for breakfast, but I choose not to have lunch and dinner. I just make it myself. The staff is very nice, and they call everyone by their name. They have free manicures on Thursdays. They have sing-a-longs and happy hour on Fridays. They have various different outings and bus trips to shopping. There is a shopping center right outside our backdoor which is very nice. They have quite a few things to keep us busy. I like the fact that they call everyone by name. Every one of the staff knows everyone by name. It would be good if they can clean up their act on the food.

November 29, 2014

By Yolanda4

Village at Lowry was more of an assisted living, but they do have an Alzheimer's unit. Their Alzheimer's unit was very small, but everybody there was very friendly. The pricing was a little on the high side, but it wasn’t tremendously bad. The staff was wonderful. I like the fact that they would give their residents who were in the assisted living part a little golf cart to take them grocery shopping and to the events and things that they had for them. They take them to the Broncos games. It didn’t have the nursing home feel. They kept them involved in activities. I thought that was really neat.

September 22, 2014

They were very friendly and nice at the Lowry. However, it was very dirty. I think the problem was the facility is just not quite up to snuff. It’s old and huge. It needs to be remodeled. They didn’t even have closets in the room. It was a little strange.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

August 29, 2014

While I was looking for a facility for a client of mine, I was able to visit Village at Lowry. It's a nice facility, but it was just too expensive for her. The rooms were nice and they seem to have quite a few activities for the residents. I also like the options for eating, that was pretty impressive.

August 20, 2014

By Happy Child

I visited the community and was very impressed at how nice the aprtments was and friendly everyone was there! It was every thing on my list and more - clean with great care and a real active feel -that made me want to join the various activites - can you believe they were hosting a fashion show when I toured. It was hard for me not to join - as well as I found the Sales staff was knowledgeable and friendly and really help guide me through the process, this was my first place I visited and no one lived up to the Village so far .

June 15, 2014

Village at Lowry is probably the best we visited. It is very clean. The apartment is very nice. They are very friendly and accommodating, and in addition, they were knowledgeable and provided us with a lot of information.

May 27, 2014

By Jess3

We had been at Village at Lowry for two years before having to move my mother to a facility for skilled nursing. The first year was great, but a change in management completely changed all personnel, three quarters of the original staff had quit and moved on. Things started to fall apart, torn carpet etc. This was not the facility we started with, and when we left I was very disappointed.

January 17, 2014

By Jerry25

I checked out Village. It was a cross between a condo and apartment type. It was clean and excellently well kept. It had one questionable drawback for me. It was reasonably closed to where I had lived and I wasn't sure that I wanted to be back in that neighborhood and all the associations and memories. It was a strange reaction. But that was the most significant of the negative aspects. It had very little to do with the physical facility, but it had to do with the location.

December 23, 2013

By Carolyn29

Village at Lowry was nice and clean. It was also homey. They did have lots of activities for their residents. They also offer transportations for them. Their rooms were small but their dining room was nice. I like the fact that they have a menu so you didn't have to eat what they had, but you can order and choose from their menu. This facility seemed like it would be a nice place for my friend but they weren't able to accommodate her.

September 24, 2013

We are going with Village at Lowry for my dad. We just have a few things to take care of first and we're hoping to move him in by October. I like that this place is close to a lot of shopping centers and places for him to go. They also offer tons of activities for him. We did checked the room where Dad is going to be staying and it was clean. It had a little refrigerator, a kitchenette area, and a really large bathroom. There were lots of trees outside, so he would have a beautiful view from the window.

July 25, 2013

Village at Lowry is big and clean facility. My grandma likes it. The food is really good and she likes it. They seemed to be under staffed and I think they need to hire more people.

July 23, 2013

By Michele6

Village at Lowry was nice and there are a lot of activities there. My mom doesn't feel like getting out socially though, she's slow in walking and afraid to fall. They were very nice but most of the people there are closer to my age than my mom's age. They do all kinds of outings and things. I think I prefer to keep mom as long as I can handle it.

November 20, 2011

By djs1

Could you tell me why the residents of you home have to wait one hour at least for a lunch or dinner meal and then it is cold or not what they ordered. Their blood pressure if not taken as promised when their blood pressure is high? They,new management, say they are trying to get it straightened out. After more than a month I would think that the problem in the dinningroom would be fixed

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Our staff is committed to providing the highest-quality service and care and we will share your feedback with our management team

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Lowry

Questions about Brookdale Lowry

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Lowry. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Currently (3/2022) we have around 90 residents. Our residents range in age from their 60's to 102, with an average age of 81. Our residents have a wide variety of interests and we provide an activities program that appeals to most of those hobbies and interests.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Lowry offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale Lowry does outings to restaurants, museums, and Blackhawk. We host music with wine, a book club, exercise class, bingo, movie nights, and more!

What places are near Brookdale Lowry or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are one block off of Lowry's main street which has tons of great shopping, coffee shops, and restaurants. Safeway is directly behind us. There is a public library across the street. Wings over the Rockies museum is about 3 blocks away.

What transportation services does Brookdale Lowry offer to assisted living residents?

Three days a week we provide transportation to doctors appointments within a 6 mile radius. Tuesdays and Thursdays we have scheduled transportation to local stores, restaurants, and activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Lowry exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Dining Director is fantastic. We offer restaurant style dining that offers a wide variety of options for each meal.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lowry offer to assisted living residents?

We have a concierge that checks people in upon arrival to our community. When they leave at 7:00 PM, all doors to the community require a key card for entrance. There is a doorbell that visitors can ring for access to the building.

How does Brookdale Lowry keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Janet, our Executive Director, sends out regular emails with updates on community events, changes in regulations, etc.

If Brookdale Lowry accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and there are several areas where residents can walk their pets on the property.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Brookdale provides extensive, ongoing training to all of our staff.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Lowry provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a Memory Care that is a locked wing of our community.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Lowry. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale Lowry is in an urban area with both businesses and homes within blocks of our building.

Is Brookdale Lowry affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Costs for Brookdale Lowry

Photos of Brookdale Lowry

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Lowry

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Special Dietary Menus, Delicious Dining Choices, Nutritionally Well Balanced Dishes

• Pets: Yes

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: Licensed Nurse On Call 24 Hours A Day, Seven Days A Week

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• State Licenses: 2304K7

• Get Costs

About Brookdale Lowry

Brookdale Lowry provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Denver, CO community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Brookdale Lowry can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg, the mission of Brookdale Lowry is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Denver, CO community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Located in Lowry town center with quick access to restaurants, shops and a grocery store.

Map of Brookdale Lowry