Vineyard Place

Memory Care Reviews for Vineyard Place

April 07, 2017

By derek4379@yahoi.com

Other

Love 'this memory care all are very friendly and loving

March 28, 2017

By Evelyn K.

Vineyard Place is an amazing place - I'm so glad that I found it! The staff are all kind, and really care about my aunt. My sister and I were really torn about what we should do. My aunt doesn't have anyone but us to help her, and we were worried about where she was living. She moved to Vineyard Place last month, and she is doing great. She's gained some weight -- which is good -- and is happy, which makes us feel good. We all sleep better now.

February 23, 2017

By italiannyor 1

I recently had an experience with this facility with my 90 year old mother who has dementia. This is a Memory Care Facility only so I thought it would be perfect for her.. When I met with the administrators they seemed very caring and said they had a different approach because my mother can be difficult because of her dementia and Alzheimer's I was assured that their type of care was extremely compassionate and that they work very closely to make sure that my mother would be comfortable and happy. 5 days later my mother had a very bad dementia attack and they called the hospital. Now granted before my mother came to this facility she was coming out of the hospital from having pneumonia and was very weak and we were trying to get her medication and her other health issues taken care of. A few days before her dementia attack she was becoming aggressive and I had to hire and extra sitter to sit with her at night. They said they could not accommodate watching her. we were waiting for the doctor to reevaluate her and she had her dementia attack and they took her away and said that she could not come back. they did not even tell me in person they told the hospital. It's really uncompassionate and cruel as my mother is back in the hospital with no where to live at the moment. they did not even offer to take her back for a few days so that I could find a place for her to go. They pretty much washed their hands of it because they don't want people there that are going to cause any problems they want all the residents to just sit there be quiet and not lash out or have any mental issues which is pretty much impossible when you have dementia and Alzheimer's . there is a lot more that I won't go into detail but this is the jest of it. Very sad how the elderly are treated in the large facilities they do not get the care they need it's very clinical in my opinion the administrator was very cold the other staff seemed friendly but it was kind of a weird feeling in there I can't explain it. I'm going to recommend a board and care for my mother now. Also they told me that hospice was not allowed to recommend any medication. I had already got hospice on board and got my mother's meds in place with hospice and then they told me that she could not get the medicine from hospice? I've never heard of anything like it. just giving you a heads up if your parent is a little bit hard to deal with this facility would not be the place
Dear italiannyor 1: Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. All of us at Vineyard Place appreciated the opportunity to be of assistance to your family during her mother’s recent stay, and the opportunity to work closely with all of you to help find the specific type of care that your mother required. We hope that her new situation provides her with the appropriate level of care to address her special needs. We sympathize and appreciate the difficult choices family members make on this journey and wish you both the very best.
See all Memory Care reviews (7) See fewer reviews

Questions about Vineyard Place

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Every staff member is assigned 2-hours of on-going computer training monthly. They also participate in another 4-hours of Dementia training monthly.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

We staff to meet the needs of our residents. We have Licensed Nurses 16 hours per day, caregiver's 24 hours per day and a total of 5 med techs in a 24 hour period.

What programs or activities does Vineyard Place offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We have a very active activities program. We provide activities according to the residents needs and desires. It's important to include exercise, mind stimulation programs and creativity daily. We have a very large volunteer group that does intergenerational activities with our residents. We have a weekly animal program that the residents just love.

We have 2 nurses who are responsible for residents needs and services. The assessment is conducted prior to move-in, 30-days after move-in and every 6 months or at change of condition.

What techniques does Vineyard Place use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We have a chef and assistant that prepares all of the resident meals in the community kitchen. We have servers who take orders and provide table service. We offer special diets and textured meals to allow residents to independently enjoy their meals. We play quiet music and the servers assist the residents who need coaching or encouragement to eat.

How does Vineyard Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We are in constant contact with our families. We do monthly emails to our families. Our nurses contact the responsibly party when a resident encounters a change in condition.

Describe the neighborhood around Vineyard Place. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are nestled in a neighborhood in Murrieta. We are located near Murrieta High School on Washington Avenue

Is Vineyard Place affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We utilize all 4 of the local hospitals for our residents who need hospital care. We also try to accommodate the family/resident request of their hospital of choice.

Costs for Vineyard Place

Photos of Vineyard Place

Services and Amenities of Vineyard Place

• Housing Extra: We Offer Shared Or Private Studio Apartments

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed With Approval

• State Licenses: State License RCFE #331800073

• About Vineyard Place

Vineyard Place, an Anthem Memory Care Community, is a licensed 82-bed memory care community, specifically designed to provide assisted living services to seniors with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia.

Vineyard Place has two secure, garden courtyards where residents, families and guests can safely enjoy sunshine and the great outdoors, optimizing the day-to-day experiences of individuals with memory loss. Our person-centric approach is seen in every detail at Vineyard Place. The staff are hand-picked for their expertise, experience, dedication and compassionate. We are eager to meet you and ready to demonstrate our dedication to ensuring that your loved one is respected as a unique individual and cared for with excellent care and love.

Fresh air, open spaces and plenty of sunshine play a large role in the unique architecture that are keep features of Vineyard Place. Designed with a figure-eight layout, the community design encourages a natural flow of movement, increasing the human touch points that are so important for individuals with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.

Each neighborhood is small enough to provide personal care and interaction, while the community as a whole provides for enhanced services and opportunities. Two-story vaulted ceilings with clerestory windows overlooking the lobby and resident neighborhoods ensure an abundance of natural light, which is highly beneficial for mood and energy levels.

Amenities

Vineyard Place provides a comprehensive set of amenities in areas of wellness, health and safety. Nursing and care staff are on-site seven days a week, providing each resident with customized service plan designed to exactly meet their unique needs. Meals are made from scratch and served family style in each of the two neighborhood dining areas. Family and friends are encouraged enjoy a meal and celebrate special occasions together here at the community. Secured exits and hourly safety checks allow residents freedom to move about at will, while protecting them from harm.

Wellness

• Therapeutic activity programming
    • Neighborhood living rooms and dining rooms
    • On-site hair salon

Health

• 24-hour care staff
    • 7 day a week nursing coverage
    • Motion activated nurse call system
    • Medical Management provided at no additional charge
    • Specialized dietary needs accommodated
    • Individual Service Plans

Safety

• Secured exits and egress
    • Enclosed courtyards
    • State-of-the-Art Monitoring Systems
    • All staff CPR/First Aid certified
    • Hourly safety checks of all residents

Our Mission

We are committed to creating a safe, active, and friendly environment, to fulfilling our residents’ desire for understanding and significance, to pursuing personal and professional growth, and to providing peace of mind in everything we do.

Our mission is all about optimizing the potential for cognitively impaired individuals to find comfort, joy and a connection with the world around them. We do this by:

• Protecting them without inhibiting them, while preserving their inner spark
    • Engaging with them in positive ways that help re-connect them to others and themselves
    • Providing a loving, compassionate environment that supports the growth and wellbeing of every individual who works, visits and lives within our communities

Thank you for your interest at Vineyard Place. Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Vineyard Place