Monarch Cottage La Jolla
Offers Memory Care
Questions about Monarch Cottage La Jolla
How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?
Monarch Cottages has a great resident to assistant ratio of five to one during the day and ten to one overnight. We are very proud of our outstanding and well above industry standards ratios!
What programs or activities does Monarch Cottage La Jolla offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?
At Monarch Cottage, we understand that aging is not the same for everyone. Changes in cognitive health are very individual and the experiences of one person are not the same as the experiences of another. That is why at Monarch Cottage, we embrace a wellness and lifestyle culture that caters to each resident's social and physical well-being. Our person centered living assists in engaging with life by using personal backgrounds and interests that define the resident. We guide their specific care and life enrichment program while emphasizing comfort in daily life with engagement in meaningful programs. Our holistic approach involves the resident, family, friends, medical professionals, and other influencers who are part of our residents' lives to develop a life style plan. The plan incorporates every dimension of wellness.
Describe the neighborhood around Monarch Cottage La Jolla. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?
Monarch Cottage is located in the prime downtown area of La Jolla. We are within walking distance of grocery stores, shopping centers, beaches, restaurants, theaters, arts, and adjacent to The Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center.
Costs for Monarch Cottage La Jolla
Services and Amenities of Monarch Cottage La Jolla
- All Inclusive Rent
- Entry Fee
- Memory Care Starting At: $8500/month
Room and housing options
- Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
- Studio Apartments
- Pets: Small Pets Allowed
- State Licenses: 374603724
About Monarch Cottage La Jolla
Welcome to Monarch Cottage
A boutique residential community, where our caring and compassionate staff is an extension of your own family. We believe that service is an honor, and a meaningful life revolves around family and friends. We are here to serve you and your loved one, providing you with the peace of mind that you deserve.
We pride ourselves in offering the most comprehensive lifestyle programs. Our experienced Life Enrichment Director and staff lead various group projects, arrange engaging activities and events, music therapy, exercise programs and outings, keeping our residents’ minds and bodies stimulated and engaged every day. Our goal is for our residents to flourish with a sense of well-being and positive mental attitude.
- Uniquely designed neighborhoods on each floor to serve the varying needs of those with cognitive challenges
- Residential style common areas including living rooms and kitchens that serve as multi-purpose enrichment spaces
- Beautifully designed outdoor courtyard spaces
- Lovely private and companion suites, available furnished or un-furnished
- Non-invasive leading assistive technologies that monitor behavior patterns allowing us to develop personalized lifestyle plans for each resident that are modified to meet the resident’s individual needs and preferences
- Secured environment and round-the-clock staff, promoting safety and peace of mind.
To flourish is to live a healthy life as the result of an enrichment environment; it is a unique concept that is consistent with our core values. Our Gold Crown Service approach provides a stimulating, engaging, and purpose-filled lifestyle for our residents and continued support for their families.
- Personalized, unique, lifestyle plan developed and implemented daily for each resident by collaborating with the resident, their family, friends, medical professionals, and other influencers to reflect individual needs and preferences
- Specialized personal assistance and full access to our experienced, professional, management team and care staff
- Resident-centered programs and activities focusing on cognitive enrichment
- Gourmet meals and appetizing snacks prepared fresh, daily by our Chef
- Delicious and beautifully presented Sunday Brunch
- Nutritious menu planning with our Executive Chef for special dietary needs
- Guest meals for visiting family and friends
- Scheduled outings designed to stimulate and engage
- Holiday and other special events and parties
- Scheduled chauffeured transportation
- Daily housekeeping and laundry
- All utilities included except for extended cable service
What Makes Us Special
Monarch Cottage is located in the prime downtown area of La Jolla. We are within walking distance of grocery stores, shopping centers, beaches, restaurants, arts, culture and adjacent to The Conrad Prebys Performing Arts Center.