CountryHouse – Granite Bay

Reviews of CountryHouse – Granite Bay

Memory Care Reviews for CountryHouse – Granite Bay

February 14, 2018

By Sarah V. Bent

I spent a whole summer visiting local places to handle the physical and mental needs that my mother had developed. From the very get-go, the lovely young woman who guided us (unannounced and unscheduled - spur of the moment visit) took us on a tour. What impressed me the most was that she talked directly to my mother, making eye contact and reading her concerns. My husband and I were afforded the opportunity to talk to "The Dementia Whisperer" (a consultant affiliated with CountryHouse), which made a huge difference in our understanding of what was happening to Mother. The staff has always been so helpful to us and considerate of all of Mother's various needs. They are open to our contributing Music and Art. They go out of their way to include families and visitors and have graciously handled unfortunate interference by an unpleasant family member. For us, CountryHouse has our confidence and applause for Mother's care on a very individual level. Her personal health has improved because she feels safe. There is consistency, understanding of dementia behavior, and a truly loving staff. We feel so luck to finally have what works for us. What you see really is what you get. Most sincerely, Sarah V. Bent

February 14, 2018

By Donna St. Peter

It has almost been a year since I placed my husband at Country House. The experience has been very emotional because I was the sole caregiver prior to having to place him in a memory care facility. I think that Country House is very unusual in that it is truly a family-oriented facility and the staff tries extremely hard to include their residents' families in so many activities. When I go to visit my spouse, I feel like I am always welcome no matter what time of day, and I feel as if it is my second home. All the caregivers and staff welcome me with hugs and are truly happy to see me as well as some of the other residents. We are all one big family!! If there is one thing that we can work on it's our communication skills. I'm sure this is something that needs to be addressed in most care facilities, and that is making sure all those in charge of care are on the same page in understanding all the variables that need to be addressed in the day-to-day care of each resident. I think it would be helpful if I had a regularly scheduled monthly appointment with a staff member to discuss my husband's care in detail. Another suggestion that came up recently was that it might be really beneficial for the families of Alzheimer's patients to learn more about Hospice and how they can interact and help not just in the last days but as the disease progresses. Hopefully Country House could sponsor a session to learn more about what Hospice can offer to help Alzheimer's patients as well as their families.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about CountryHouse – Granite Bay

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We work with Laura Wayman "The Dementia Whisper" for all of our staff training.

Costs for CountryHouse – Granite Bay

Photos of CountryHouse – Granite Bay

Services and Amenities of CountryHouse – Granite Bay

• Minimum Age: None

• State Licenses: RCFE 312700033

• About CountryHouse – Granite Bay

So long as you are living, you are on a journey - and there remains ample opportunity for joy and for wonder. That is our philosophy here at CountryHouse, and it guides everything we do on behalf of residents. We will not settle for providing a place for people just to grow stagnant. Instead, we seek to make every part of everyday truly engaging to the residents who stay with us - providing them with real joy and fulfillment..

Each house has gracious dining rooms, comfortable living rooms, and bedrooms clustered in quiet wings. There's a hands-on kitchen for residents to participate in simple food preparation activities. The residential layout enables friends to enjoy socializing together... or find peaceful seclusion. In addition, circular pathways encourage barrier-free walking, both indoors and out.

Amenities also include suite choices, a family dining room, salon/spa, secured entries, Wellness Office, spacious gathering rooms with fireplaces, and an enclosed courtyard with patio, gardens and water feature. Families enjoy visiting in the beautiful and comfortable common areas.

Map of CountryHouse – Granite Bay