Aegis of Dana Point

Reviews of Aegis of Dana Point

Assisted Living Reviews for Aegis of Dana Point

November 07, 2012

By Fran Paider, MSW

Aegis of Dana Point offers care for residents who are mostly independent, as well as those in need of memory care. Their memory care program, named Life's Neighborhood, is unique and nationally recognized. My experience with clients that I have placed in this facility has been positive on every level, from the person who answers the phone and greets visitors in their beautiful entry to the care staff, who are well trained to assist patients at every level. The families of my clients are also pleased. As for amenities, Aegis has a secure courtyard with plenty of places to just sit and enjoy the ocean breezes (only a few blocks away) or to take a stroll. The food is excellent with multiple menu choices. The atmosphere is pleasant. The service is personal. They even offer delicious sugar free deserts. (I am 68 years old and often joke with the staff that I am ready to move in.) Residents are routinely re-evaluated by the nurse for level of care needs and the cost of care is adjusted both down and up with detailed explanation of behaviors/physical needs that require the change. I am not aware of any other facilities that adjust level of care and "reduce" the care costs (when residents improve) without requests and/or coaxing from families or social workers/case managers. The atmosphere of the entire facility is welcoming, friendly, laid-back and comfortable. Most of their staff are long-termers, which is a positive signal that the administration of the facility is good. They offer a variety of activities as well as parties for family, friends and the community.

Memory Care Reviews for Aegis of Dana Point

Services and Amenities of Aegis of Dana Point

About Aegis of Dana Point

Aegis of Dana Point, CA, is a seaside community situated in a lovely historical neighborhood, 1/2 mile from spectacular ocean bluffs and yet conveniently located to shopping, churches and health care professionals. Our community has easy access to I-5 freeway and is just minutes away from the picturesque Dana Point Harbor, the quaint coastal town of San Capistrano and the pier at San Clemente.

Aegis of Dana Point offers 46 distinctive, beautifully appointed studio and one-bedroom apartments for seniors needing assisted living services. We also have 18 private studios in Life's Neighborhood, designed especially for seniors living with Alzheimer's disease or other dementia. All of these apartments surround a serene courtyard with a graceful fountain and flower-filled gardens reminiscent of a Monet painting.

Map of Aegis of Dana Point