18 Assisted Living Facilities near Eau Claire, WI
Also serving communities of Mondovi.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eau Claire area, with 15 in Eau Claire and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Eau Claire is $4,249 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Chippewa Falls with an average starting cost of $3,687.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eau Claire. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eau Claire 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stanley with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Eau Claire find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eau Claire, call (855) 863-8283.
15 Assisted Living Facilities in Eau Claire, WI
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Eau Claire, WI
Other Options in Eau Claire, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eau Claire
Review of Heritage Senior Living Eau Claire
Heritage Senior Living was very good. It was clean, nice and small. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The dining area was set up very nicely. They have an activities director and they h... Read more
Review of Beehive Homes of Eau Claire
The administrator staff at Beehive Homes of Eau Claire met me at the door, and they talked to me for two hours before even taking me on a tour, unlike other places Ive been to. I spent two and a h... Read more
Review of Beehive Homes of Eau Claire
We liked Beehive Homes of Eau Claire. People can access things, and the place was nice and clean. The owner toured us around and he was very nice. Read more
Assisted Living near Eau Claire County, WI
More Options Near Eau Claire, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eau Claire
Eau Claire is a lively community in northwestern Wisconsin situated along the Chippewa River. As Wisconsin's eighth-largest city, Eau Clair has a senior population of approximately 15 percent. That senior population can choose from 25 assisted living facilities in the greater Eau Claire area. In Eau Claire, as well as the rest of Wisconsin, assisted living facilities (ALF) are defined as facilities that supervise individuals in need of some assistance with daily living activities. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services licenses and regulates the four categories of ALFs throughout Eau Claire.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eau Claire
- The Eau Claire area is home to world-class medical facilities, including HSHS Sacred Heart Hospital and Marshfield Clinic Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Eau Claire area is serviced by the Eau Claire Transit bus system. Seniors choosing to live in this city qualify for more than half-off regular fare.
- Eau Claire is considered 19 percent cheaper than Madison, the capital of Wisconsin. Seniors will find groceries, transportation and health costs in Eau Claire less expensive than in Madison.
- Eau Claire has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging and Disability Resource Center, an organization that provides benefits counseling, nutrition services and educational workshops for the aging population, as well as one senior center.
- Northwestern Wisconsin is known for its varying climate and the four seasons its residents experience. Weather in Eau Claire ranges from an average of 70s in the summer to the teens in the winter. Typically experiencing 47 inches of snow each year, the area receives nearly double the national average snowfall. Seniors with health concerns aggravated by cold climates might look outside of Eau Claire for assisted living.
- Though eight counties within Wisconsin have received failing grades for air quality, Eau Claire County hasn't experienced any high pollution days for three years. Seniors with respiratory illnesses looking to move to Eau Claire should be aware of the varying pollution levels throughout the state.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eau Claire
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Eau Claire start around $4,249 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eau Claire and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eau Claire
In Eau Claire, Wisconsin's Exceptional Expense Supplement for Members of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program provides eligible seniors additional Social Security income that can be used to help pay for assisted living. Seniors can also utilize the Medical Assistance Personal Care program when seeking to live in an ALF with fewer than 20 tenants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eau Claire
Eau Claire and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eau Claire, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eau Claire
Eau Claire-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.