3 Assisted Living Facilities in Antigo, WI
Also serving communities of Lakewood.
The average cost of assisted living in Antigo is $4,200 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,405. Cheaper nearby regions include Weston with an average starting cost of $4,087.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Antigo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Antigo 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Weston with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Antigo, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Antigo
Starting out as a lumber town founded in 1878 by Civil War Veterans, Antigo is the seat of Langlade County, Wisconsin, and has a population of 8,200, approximately 20% aged 65 or older. These residents can choose from three assisted living communities in town should they be unable to perform activities of daily living with some assistance.
In Antigo and throughout the state, the Department of Health Services, Bureau of Assisted Living, Division of Quality Assurance oversees residential facilities (CBRFs), residential care apartment complexes (RCACs) and adult family homes, as assisted living facilities are called in Wisconsin.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Antigo
- The cost of living in Antigo is 79 compared to the state average of 98 and the national average of 100. This is driven largely by the cost of housing, which is half the national average, and lower transportation costs of 74. Seniors living in assisted living may benefit indirectly due to lower operating costs at the facility.
- Based on a scale of 1 to 100 (high), Antigo's violent crime rate is 9.8, 10 points lower than the state average of 19.4 and less than half the national average of 22.7. However, the city's property crime is 80.9, more than double the national average of the state average of 28.2 and the national median of 35.4. Concerned family members can take comfort in knowing that most assisted living communities are in secure buildings with security cameras and other measures in place to protect residents.
- Antigo receives 31 inches of rain and 55 inches of snow each year, compared to the U.S. averages of 38 inches of rain and 28 inches of snow per year. On average, the city gets 184 sunny days per year, whereas the U.S. average is 205 sunny days. The annual temperature range of 2 to 79 degrees might be a challenge for seniors sensitive to the cold who are moving to the community from warmer climes.
- Antigo has excellent air quality. At 73, the air quality here is much higher than the national median. These numbers are based on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. Seniors with respiratory conditions may breathe easier here than in more polluted cities across the country.
- In Antigo and all of Wisconsin, seniors don't pay tax on Social Security. Retirement accounts such as IRAs and 401(k)s are fully taxed, which may leave a dent in seniors' assisted living budgets.
- The Antigo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Aspirus Langlade Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Antigo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Antigo start around $4,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Antigo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Antigo
In Antigo and the rest of Wisconsin, the Department of Health administers the state's Medicaid waivers for long-term care, including the Elderly and Physically Disabled 1915(c) Waiver program, the Community Options 1915(c) Waiver program and the Medicaid managed care 1915(b)(c) Family Care Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Antigo
Antigo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Antigo, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Antigo
Antigo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Antigo, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Antigo
Review of Care Partners Assisted Living in Antigo
The staff of Care Partners looked pretty inexperienced; it was a pretty young staff. The rooms were adequate but not individually temp controlled; there was only one heating unit for the whole buil... Read more
Review of Evergreen Terrace
Mom is now living at Evergreen Terrace, and she loves it. They serve 3 meals a day. The food is homemade, they've got a fresh garden and lots of great activities, the care is fantastic, and she has... Read more