12 Assisted Living Facilities near Mosinee, WI
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mosinee area, with 4 in Mosinee and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mosinee is $3,045 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mosinee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mosinee 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mosinee, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Mosinee, WI
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Mosinee, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mosinee
The city of Mosinee is an American Planning Association National Award recipient, receiving the Vernon Deines Award for an Outstanding Small Town or Rural Plan in 2012. Its history stretches back to 1790 when European fur trappers established a fur trading post. Today, Mosinee has roughly 4,000 residents, nearly one in five of whom are seniors.
Seniors who want to transition to assisted living have four facilities in Mosinee to choose from, and there are eight additional facilities in nearby cities like Weston, Schofield and Wausau. In Mosinee, assisted living facilities are divided into three categories, including residential care apartment complexes, community-based residential facilities and adult family homes, depending on their features and amenities. All assisted living facilities are governed by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mosinee
- While seniors in Mosinee do not pay state income tax on their Social Security benefits or public pensions, other sources of income are fully taxed. This may affect how much money is available for local assisted living expenses.
- The Mosinee area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Weston.
- Seniors with conditions like asthma and COPD can breathe easy in Mosinee. The city's air quality is exceptional, with the American Lung Association reporting very low ozone pollution levels in the area.
- With an overall cost of living that is 13% below the national average and 11% below the statewide average, Mosinee may be a financially feasible option for seniors who have limited retirement budgets. Housing is particularly affordable here, which may result in assisted living costs that are lower than average.
- Temperatures in Mosinee range between 5 degrees and 80 degrees, ranking it among the cooler cities in the state. On average, the city receives 56 inches of annual snowfall versus the statewide average of 48 inches and the national average of 28 inches, which may be a consideration for seniors who rely on mobility aids.
- On a 100-point scale, Mosinee has a property crime rate that is about 14 points below the national average and a violent crime rate that is about 12 points below the national average, which may provide peace of mind for seniors researching local assisted living options.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mosinee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Mosinee start around $3,045 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mosinee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mosinee
Assisted living services for Mosinee seniors with limited income and assets are covered by the state's Medicaid Elderly and Physically Disabled waiver program. The SSI-E program is also available for those who qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mosinee
Mosinee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mosinee, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mosinee
Mosinee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mosinee, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mosinee
Review of Cedar Creek Manor II
Cedar Creek Manor II has been great, and it's just what my parents needed. There's a whole lot more assistance that they get because there's a much higher staff to resident ratio. There's one staff... Read more
Review of Cedar Creek Manor I
Cedar Creek was a very nice and well-cared for place. The staff seemed capable. There was no physical therapy that I noticed, but I think they engaged their residents into doing activities. We took... Read more
Review of Acorn Hill Senior Living Community
Acorn Hill is one of my favorite facilities. It's a very personable, upbeat, and just cheery. We just loved this facility. I thought that the staff there was extremely friendly and professional. Th... Read more