12 Assisted Living Facilities near Mosinee, WI
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mosinee area, with 4 in Mosinee and 8 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mosinee is $3,045 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mosinee. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mosinee 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mosinee, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Mosinee, WI
8 Assisted Living Facilities near Mosinee, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mosinee
Mosinee, in north central Wisconsin, was originally named Little Bull Falls but was renamed Mosinee in 1857 after a trapper suggested naming it after Chief Monsone when postmaster Truman Keeler opened the first post office in the city and found the original name vulgar. Today, more than 3,900 people call the city home, with 621 of those residents making up the area’s senior community.
The city has four assisted living facilities to support area seniors who may need help with daily living activities, and there are another eight facilities located in the nearby communities of Weston, Wausau and Schofield. The Wisconsin Department of Health licenses these assisted living facilities in Mosinee and in all of Wisconsin.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mosinee
- Retirement savings account income and private pensions are fully taxed in Wisconsin, which could make already restrictive budgets even tighter for Mosinee seniors.
- Mosinee’s cost of living is 86.8, lower than both the state average of 97.8 and the national average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay less for groceries and transportation, although healthcare is slightly higher than the average at 100.1, something seniors may want to keep in mind when preparing their monthly budgets.
- Seniors with asthma or COPD may find that the air in Mosinee doesn’t bother them as much as the air in other locations. The city has an air quality rating of 86 on a scale where higher numbers indicate better air quality, almost 30 points higher than the national average of 58.
- The Mosinee area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Weston or Wausau.
- The low crime rates in Mosinee may help area seniors feel safe whether in their apartments or out on the town. The city has a violent crime rate of 10.5 and a property crime rate of 21.1, both considerably lower than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- Summers in Mosinee are mild, with temperatures reaching 80 degrees, and winters are cold with lows of 5. The city receives 33 inches of rain each year, 5 less than the national average of 38, and 56 inches of annual snowfall, double the national average of 28 inches. Seniors may want to ensure that prospective facilities have individual climate controls in resident rooms to ensure year-round comfort.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mosinee
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Mosinee start around $3,045 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mosinee and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mosinee
Mosinee seniors who need assistance paying for their facility expenses may be able to use SSI-E benefits to offset some of the cost.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mosinee
Mosinee and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mosinee, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mosinee
Mosinee-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mosinee, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mosinee
Review of Cedar Creek Manor I
Cedar Creek was a very nice and well-cared for place. The staff seemed capable. There was no physical therapy that I noticed, but I think they engaged their residents into doing activities. We took... Read more
Review of Acorn Hill Senior Living Community
Acorn Hill is one of my favorite facilities. It's a very personable, upbeat, and just cheery. We just loved this facility. I thought that the staff there was extremely friendly and professional. Th... Read more
Review of Rustic Willows
I visited my sister while she was here getting over a leg injury she was in bed for 7 weeks the home was very nice and clean the staff was friendily enough but for the amount of money this placed c... Read more