36 Assisted Living Facilities near Plover, WI
There are 36 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plover area, with 2 in Plover and 34 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 83 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plover. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plover 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mosinee with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plover, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Plover, WI
34 Assisted Living Facilities near Plover, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plover
The village of Plover, Wisconsin, was the very first village in Portage County. Today, the area’s seniors who make up 11% of the population can enjoy visiting the Wisconsin Korean War Veterans Memorial or strolling through Standing Rocks County Park.
There are two assisted living facilities in the city to assist this senior population, along with 35 more located in neighboring towns and villages. In Wisconsin, including Plover, assisted living facilities are governed by the Bureau of Assisted Living division of the Wisconsin Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plover
- Wisconsin fully taxes both retirement savings income and private pensions, which could make the purse strings tighter for Plover seniors.
- Plover has low crime rates which could give seniors and their families some peace of mind. The village has a violent crime rate of 12 and a property crime rate of 24.2, both considerably lower than the respective U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The overall cost of living in Plover is 93, lower than both the state average of 97.8 and the U.S. average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for groceries, housing, transportation and healthcare in the area, which might make this village more affordable than other areas of the state or country.
- The Plover area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Stevens Point.
- Seniors with breathing difficulties might prefer living in Plover over other parts of the state. The city has an air quality rating of 81 out of 100 (best), 23 points higher than the national average of 58.
- Plover’s year-round temperatures range from 7 degrees in winter to 82 degrees in the summer. The village gets 32 inches of rain, six less than the national average of 38 inches, and 46 inches of snow annually, almost 20 more than the national average of 28 inches, which could create difficulties for seniors who rely on mobility aids like canes or walkers. As a result of all of the precipitation, Plover residents only get 186 sunny days per year, lower than the national average of 205. Seniors may want to ensure that facilities have an ample calendar of indoor activities to keep them busy during inclement weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plover
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Plover start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plover and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plover
Wisconsin’s Elderly and Disabled waiver program may be able to provide financial support for Plover seniors who need help paying for their assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plover
Plover and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plover, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plover
Plover-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Plover, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plover
Review of Whispering Pines
We chose the Lodge at Whispering Pines because it has a rural setting. It’s one level and shaped like a bow tie where my sister could walk all through the interior. It’s also a newer facility. The ... Read more
Review of Whispering Pines
We visited all the care facilities in the area but we like Whispering Pines the best for my father-in-law. The staff is very professional and friendly. I haven't tasted their food but from what I h... Read more
Review of Tanglewood Assisted Living
A friend recommended that we visit the Maple Ridge of Plover in Wisconsin while were were there - searching for assisted living facility options for our uncle. He wants to stay in the region since ... Read more