43 Assisted Living Facilities near Stevens Point, WI
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stevens Point area, with 9 in Stevens Point and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stevens Point is $3,480 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,465.
To help you with your search, browse the 94 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stevens Point. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stevens Point 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Plover with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stevens Point, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Stevens Point, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stevens Point
Stevens Point has been named among the top 25 places to retire by CNN Money, partly due to the number of activities and venues available in the city. The city boasts numerous parks, a historic downtown area and hosts the World's Largest Trivia Contest in April each year, perfect for seniors who like to test their memory.
There are ten assisted living facilities in Stevens Point, with another 35 in nearby communities such as Wisconsin Rapids and Mosinee. These facilities provide care to adults who need help with daily activities, and the Bureau of Assisted Living in Wisconsin licenses and manages them.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stevens Point
- The Stevens Point area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ascension St. Michael's Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Stevens Point has a wide range of senior transport options, including Point Plus Paratransit, transportation to shopping and senior dining options and a volunteer driving program that can take seniors to medical, nutritional and other appointments.
- Stevens Point has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging and Disability Resource Center, an organization that offers easy access to services and fosters a caring community, and more than two senior centers.
- Stevens Point has a wide range of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy. Some assisted living facilities may arrange supervised trips to see an exhibit at the Riverfront Arts Center or take in a performance of the Central Wisconsin Symphony Orchestra.
- The cost of living in Stevens Point is almost 13 percent lower than the national average, making it a very affordable place for seniors to retire. The largest factor is the low cost of housing, but seniors will still find groceries, transportation and health care are less expensive than in other parts of the state.
- The January low in Stevens Point is only 7 degrees Fahrenheit, and the city gets 45 inches of snow each year. This can be challenging for seniors who have health issues affected by extremely cold weather. Summers are mild with an average July high of 81 degrees, perfect for those who don't care for extremely hot climates.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stevens Point
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Stevens Point start around $3,480 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stevens Point and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stevens Point
Seniors who live in residential care facilities in Stevens Point may be eligible for Wisconsin's Family Care Program. This is a Medicaid program that provides long-term care services to adults where they live.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stevens Point
Stevens Point and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stevens Point, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stevens Point
Stevens Point-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Stevens Point, WI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stevens Point
Review of Brookdale Stevens Point
Brookdale Stevens Point is very good and clean. They're always decorating and updating, and its very nice. Most everyone is very nice and pretty good. They have bingo, movies, and different little... Read more
Review of Atrium Senior Living of Stevens Point at River View Lodge
Atrium Senior Living of Stevens Point at River View Lodge is very comfortable. They were very knowledgeable. From a price standpoint, they were a little bit higher, but not by much. We liked their ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Stevens Point
Our visit at Brookdale Stevens Point was excellent, and the meals were good. If my mom would have qualified to be in the assisted living part, she could have had her dog, but they felt that she nee... Read more