4 Assisted Living Facilities in Rhinelander, WI
Also serving communities of Eagle River, Laona.
The average cost of assisted living in Rhinelander is $3,893 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Tomahawk with an average starting cost of $3,850.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rhinelander. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rhinelander 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rhinelander, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rhinelander
Rhinelander, Wisconsin, developed largely from negotiation for a railway line, sits in the northern part of the state in Oneida County and features forests, lakes and trails. The city is made up of 7,526 residents, with 31 percent seniors. Seniors in Rhinelander have four assisted living facilities (ALFs) to choose from for room and board and services such as help with personal care, leisure activities, and transportation. The agency overseeing these communities is the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Bureau of Assisted Living, Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rhinelander
- Rhinelander, Wisconsin, has an overall cost of living that is 9.7 percent cheaper than the national average. Housing is 40 percent cheaper, and utilities are 8 percent lower. While this makes it easier for seniors to manage on tighter budgets, those looking for ALFs should note that health costs, which tend to creep up for the elderly, are 14 percent higher.
- Rhinelander offers a rich culture centered around the outdoors. Seniors and their loved ones can enjoy sports such as hiking, biking, canoeing, cross country skiing, fishing and golf. If seniors need to or prefer to stay indoors, they can visit Artstart, Inc., Dodag Lanes, Rouman Cinema, the Rhinelander Historical Society and Tommy O’s Playhouse.
- One reason housing costs are lower in Rhinelander likely is the higher property crime rate, which stands at 53.2 out of 100, with 100 being worst. The national average is 38.1, for comparison. On the other hand, seniors can feel good about their physical safety, since violent crime is 15.8 compared to the average of 31.1.
- Seniors might need to be hardcore winter lovers to reside in Rhinelander, Wisconsin. The Sperling’s Comfort Index, 33, is below average by 21 points. The area gets 60 inches of snow per year, which is almost three times what the rest of the country typically gets, and temperatures get close to zero.
- Seniors with respiratory conditions or other cardiovascular issues might find Rhinelander a good choice due to its better-than-average air quality. The EPA’s National Air Toxics Assessment rank for the city is 76 out of 100, 18 points better than the national average of 58.
- Rhinelander is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Ascension St. Mary’s Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rhinelander
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Rhinelander start around $3,893 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rhinelander and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rhinelander
The SSI Exceptional Expense Supplement (SSI-E) provides funds to seniors looking to pay for ALF care in Rhinelander or other areas of Wisconsin.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rhinelander
Rhinelander and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rhinelander, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rhinelander
Rhinelander-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rhinelander
Review of Milestone Senior Living - Rhinelander
My dad moved in to Milestone a year ago. The staff at Milestone helped him feel at home. Dad has Dementia and some days it is hard to visit with him, the wondeful staff put him at ease and make him... Read more
Review of Milestone Senior Living - Rhinelander
Finding an Assisted Living for a parent is never easy. i felt welcome the second I entered the door. The staff were very accommodating, it was v Read more