5 Assisted Living Facilities near Woodruff, WI
Also serving communities of Lac Du Flambeau.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Woodruff area, with 2 in Woodruff and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Woodruff is $4,170 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Rhinelander with an average starting cost of $3,981.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Woodruff. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodruff 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodruff, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Woodruff, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodruff
The small town of Woodruff was established in 1888 in Oneida County, Wisconsin. Today, Oneida County is home to over 35,00 people, with seniors over the age of 65 comprising more than a quarter of the total population.
To support its local senior population, Woodruff has two assisted living facilities, and seniors who are willing to look out a little farther will find an additional three facilities to meet their needs. In Woodruff, as in all of the state, there are three different types of assisted living, including community-based residential facilities, residential care apartment complexes and adult family homes. All types of facilities are licensed and regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, Bureau of Assisted Living, Division of Quality Assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodruff
- The cost of living in Woodruff is about 6 percent lower than the nationwide average, which may appeal to seniors on a tight budget.
- Woodruff experiences warm, comfortable summers and highs in the high-70s. Winters are harsh, with lows around 2 degrees and 80 inches of annual snowfall. This may be a consideration for seniors who enjoy outdoor living.
- Woodruff's crime rate is high relative to the U.S. average. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 meaning high crime, the property crime in this city is rated 47.5, and the violent crime rate is 41.9, compared to the national averages of 38.1 and 31.1, respectively. To ensure residents' safety, most assisted living communities utilize security systems.
- Woodruff seniors do not pay income tax on Social Security benefits or income from government pensions. Income from other retirement accounts is fully taxable.
- Public transportation in Woodruff is provided courtesy of Northwoods Transit Connections, which offers several fixed routes throughout the region. Most buses are wheelchair-accessible, and seniors are eligible to ride for a discounted rate.
- The Woodruff area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Howard Young Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodruff
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Woodruff start around $3,625 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodruff and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodruff
Qualifying seniors in Woodruff may receive financial assistance for assisted living through the Medicaid State Plan as well as several waiver programs, including the Elderly and Physically Disabled 1915(c) Waiver program, the Community Options 1915(c) Waiver program and the Medicaid managed care 1915(b)(c) Family Care Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodruff
Woodruff and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodruff, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodruff
Woodruff-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodruff
Review of One Penny Place
When I first went to visit my great grandmother at the assisted living facility of One Penny Place, the staff was very friendly and kindly explained to me the location of her room. Once I got to he... Read more