7 Assisted Living Facilities near Princeton, WV
Also serving communities of Bluefield, Mullens, Pineville.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Princeton area, with 2 in Princeton and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Princeton is $2,750 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Princeton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Princeton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Princeton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Princeton, WV
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Princeton, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Princeton West
Princeton, which is located in Mercer County, West Virginia, houses attractions such as Princeton Railroad Museum and McNutt House. The town is relatively small, with only around 6,056 residents, but has a large senior community that encompasses over 35 percent of the total population. As a way to accommodate this growing demographic, Princeton offers resident seniors an option between two local assisted living facilities (ALFs) and six nearby. These are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), Office of Health Facilities Licensure and Certification (OHFLAC), which enforces all facilities to comply with all rules to help assist seniors with living a fit, active lifestyle. The OHFLAC licenses each facility as either a residential care community or an assisted living residence (ALR), where the latter must be equipped to aid seniors who cannot evacuate a building on their own.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Princeton West
- The cost of living in Princeton is lower than the state average by 25 percent. When compared to a national average of 100, senior expenses average lower, which includes a rating of 97.3 in grocery expenses and a rating of 98 in health care.
- Seniors may find it easier to move around outdoors during the summertime when temperatures rarely exceed 81 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels average below 37 percent. Winters are also mild, where temperatures average 27 degrees Fahrenheit to 49 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Local seniors with respiratory illnesses may experience difficulty living here year-round where ozone levels are at dangerous levels, according to the American Lung Association (ALA). Princeton has an air quality index considered 443 percent worse than the national average when comparing the 295-point Princeton-rated index to the national rate of 50.
- Residents living in Princeton face higher violent and property crime rates than in the nation by 84 percent and 59 percent, respectively. Seniors may need to consider that the town is only found 7 percent safer than other cities, nationwide before moving here.
- West Virginia is moderately tax-friendly to seniors. Social Security income, withdrawals from retirement accounts and pension payments are only partially taxed.
- Princeton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Appalachian Area on Aging, an organization that provides support and advocacy for the local elderly.
Paying for Assisted Living in Princeton West
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Princeton start around $2,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Princeton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Princeton West
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Princeton West
Princeton West and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Princeton West, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Princeton West
Princeton West-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Princeton
Review of The Havens at Princeton
I visited The Havens at Princeton, and it was a very nice facility. Its beautiful, well-kept, and didnt smell like anything. The person that gave us the tour was very knowledgeable, and showed us... Read more
Review of The Havens at Princeton
I have my mom moved into The Havens at Princeton. They are wonderful. I like the way it looks and the way it smells. It is also convenient for Mom because she has a sister and two brother-in-laws w... Read more