6 Assisted Living Facilities near Oak Hill, WV
Also serving communities of Hilltop, Fayetteville, Gauley Bridge, Beaver, Daniels.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oak Hill area, with 3 in Oak Hill and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oak Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oak Hill 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oak Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Oak Hill, WV
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Oak Hill, WV
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oak Hill
Oak Hill is a small city in Fayette County, West Virginia. As of 2010, the city was home to 7,730 residents, 20% of whom were senior citizens aged 65 and older. There are six assisted living facilities in the area that provide full-time care to seniors who need it. Three of these facilities are located in Oak Hill while the remaining three are nearby in Hilltop and Gauley Bridge.
Throughout West Virginia, assisted living facilities are known as either assisted living residences or residential care facilities. While both levels of facility provide 24-hour personal care, seniors who reside in residential care facilities are required to be capable of self-preservation should an emergency occur. These residences and facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Human Resources, as they are throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oak Hill
- Oak Hill's air quality is rated 67 on a scale of 1 to 100, which is better than in the average U.S. city. Senior citizens, particularly those with cardiovascular or respiratory conditions, can rest assured that the air in the city is safe to breathe.
- Precipitation levels in Oak Hill are high. The city gets 48 inches of rain and 43 inches of snow per year. Combined, that's 25 inches more precipitation than in the average U.S. city. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors may find their opportunities to do so are limited.
- The overall cost of living in Oak Hill is 23% below the national average thanks to the city's low housing costs, which is beneficial for seniors with limited income.
- The Oak Hill area is home to world-class healthcare facilities, including Plateau Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can travel safely throughout the city via New River Transit, which offers free rides to personal caregivers and route deviations to those who aren't situated near a scheduled stop.
- There is an array of community services available to seniors living in Oak Hill, including the Fayette County Family Resource Network - Elderly Assistance, which provides referrals to local services and senior advocacy programs, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oak Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in West Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Oak Hill start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oak Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oak Hill
Seniors who live in Oak Hill and throughout West Virginia don't have any Medicaid waivers or state assistance programs available to them that help pay for the cost of assisted living care. However, those with special needs may be eligible to receive a monthly cash benefit known as the state assistance payment.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oak Hill
Oak Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oak Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oak Hill
Oak Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in West Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in West Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oak Hill
Review of Oak Hill Place
I went to Oak hill Place, it was great, and its right beside a nursing home, so that helps. They have quite a few activities, so thats good. The staff was very nice, very polite, and was very hel... Read more
Review of Oak Hill Place
My mother was a resident of the Summit, and while she was not eager to leave her home, she adjusted well due to the wonderful and caring staff. She was very active during the day due to participati... Read more
Review of Oak Hill Place
The Summit at Hidden Valley is an assisted living facility that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. It offers accommodations for those who may require assistance... Read more