7 Assisted Living Facilities near Mount Airy, NC
Also serving communities of Westfield.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mount Airy area, with 4 in Mount Airy and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mount Airy is $4,020 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 12 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mount Airy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mount Airy 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mount Airy, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Mount Airy, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mount Airy
A town that is known as the inspiration for the fictional town of Mayberry on the Andy Griffith Show, Mount Airy, North Carolina, is a quiet place along Interstate 74 for seniors who seek beautiful views of the Ararat River and the Blue Ridge Mountains. The Main Street shops are easy to navigate on foot for seniors without transportation, and the town is just a short 40-minute drive to Winston Salem for visiting families looking for something to do.
For retirees, Mount Airy has four assisted living facilities in the city limits and six nearby. They are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation, and they are most commonly referred to as adult care homes (ACHs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mount Airy
- Mount Airy is an affordable city. It's cost of living is rated 84, which is lower than the national average of 100. It is also rated lower than the state average of 95.
- Warm summers are ideal for senior citizens who have an intolerance to cold. In Mount Airy, July highs are around 87 degrees and January lows are around 27.
- Based on a crime rate from one (low) to 100 (high), Mount Airy has a violent crime rate of 43 and a property crime rate of 67. The national violent crime rate is 31.1 and the property crime rate is 38.1, which are both less than the city’s average. The buddy system is a good idea for seniors venturing out into the city for errands and sight-seeing.
- The Mount Airy area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northern Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mount Airy has an array of community resources for seniors, including the L.H. Jones Family Resource Center, an organization that provides meals on wheels, legal assistance and a program that matches seniors with volunteer positions in the community, as well as at least one senior center.
- Yadkin Valley Public Transportation (YVEDDI) offers rides to seniors at a discount for trips to doctor’s appointments, shopping trips and outings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mount Airy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Mount Airy start around $4,020 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mount Airy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mount Airy
The Medicaid State Plan helps pay for adult care homes for eligible seniors. This assistance is a supplement benefit that is based on the federal Supplemental Security income payment and any additional sources of income a senior may have. It does not cover private rooms and apartments. However, families may subsidize the benefit in order to receive a private room for their loved one.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mount Airy
Mount Airy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mount Airy, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mount Airy
Mount Airy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Mount Airy, NC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mount Airy
Review of Twelve Oaks
I visited Twelve Oaks and I got a good overall impression. The amenities are average to slightly average. The rooms were basic and everything was clean, but they didn't have any kitchen facilities,... Read more
Review of Twelve Oaks
This week I had the pleasure of visiting a family member living at the facility when i visited for two days this week. I am a physician specializing in internal medicine and geriatrics and this wa... Read more
Review of Twelve Oaks
My mother-in-law is in Twelve Oaks. It is a very high-quality facility, beautiful, very clean, and nestled in the woods. The staff is very attentive and very caring. The place is very nice and well... Read more