RidgeCrest

Reviews of RidgeCrest

Assisted Living Reviews for RidgeCrest

Independent Living Reviews for RidgeCrest

By DAllen

I have been here for three years and I love it - absolutely love it! I joke that they are going to have to pry me out of here with my fingernails dragging. I came from Miami, after serving for 44 years as a high school teacher. My requirements for a retirement community were that is was quiet, clean and safe. I looked at hundreds of communities all over Florida and up along the east coast. I wanted to leave Florida to get away from the hurricane season. Georgia was also out due to its similar climate. South Carolina and North Carolina became my primary search areas and with a proximity to family. I was also looking for excellent medical facilities which drew me to Winston-Salem. RidgeCrest was in the top running. I visited 3 times and wanted to be sure that this would be the right place for me. I wanted one move- period. I have actually gotten well-er since being here. I am very happy and have made many friends. I am involved as much as I physically can be. I cook a lot and provide fresh baked goods to the other members at RidgeCrest. My advice is don’t wait, enjoy all that retirement has to offer while you can. There is something for everyone. I am thrilled that I made this decision while still in my 60s. There are activities for all wellness levels.

By DSimmons

My wife and I left the area for my office with the State Health Program. Then after retiring, we moved back and worked a farm. We then decided to travel the world. We rented an apartment splitting our time here at RidgeCrest for 6 months and then 6 months in Florida. We then found we were spending 4 months packing and unpacking. We decided to buy a house in Florida where we stayed until we were looking for a retirement community. After looking in Florida, we decided to look back at RidgeCrest and were pleased to see that many of the same staff were still working. They remembered us and were extremely helpful in the move back to RidgeCrest. There is a saying that you can’t go home again but as I was a local from birth, it feels as though I am home. My wife served as the President of Resident’s Council and I am on the Board of Directors. I participate in the chair yoga when I can. I usually exercise everyday either here or at a local gym. We are involved in many of the activities. Last week, I gave a presentation on our trip to Greece. Thank goodness that we are not as busy here as we were in Florida but we are still busy. We had to maintain our home in Florida which we do not have to do here. We have been able to say goodbye to the little stresses in life. Our criteria for a retirement community was three-fold with good healthcare that is accessible and of high quality, compatible community where we could enjoy the other members and they enjoy us, Recreation was important. We found all three here. The hospital is only 3 miles away and is certified. There are 3 medical schools accessible in less than 2 hours. The sub specialties are all covered. This is my hometown, born and raised. I am happy to be back as I know a lot of people.

By phermes

My wife and I have been here 10 years. I was looking for a retirement community that did not require a huge investment. RidgeCrest matches that with the month to month lease that you can easily get out of if need be, at no cost to you. We enjoy most everything. We have bingo, wellness classes, exercise, outside trips to dinner or breakfast or local shows. It is all up to the individual to decide how involved you would like to be. You can be very involved which I highly encourage as my wife and I are active. Doing nothing is the worst. I have served as the Resident Council President and was also on the board for 5 years. I have gotten away from those duties in hopes of having new members be a part of the committees.

Costs for RidgeCrest

Photos of RidgeCrest

Services and Amenities of RidgeCrest

• About RidgeCrest

Mount Airy’s Premier Retirement Community

Experience luxury senior living at RidgeCrest of Mount Airy, North Carolina. Members of our community enjoy premier accommodations, robust social programming, restaurant- style fine dining, industry-leading care services, and an award-winning wellness program. Most importantly, our community is built for our Members, and everything we do is geared toward helping them live Longer, Healthier, Happier lives. At RidgeCrest, we offer two different living options to meet the needs of our Members—Independent Living and Assisted Living.

Our Senior Living Options

Independent Living: Independent Living is designed for seniors who benefit from a maintenance-free lifestyle but need little to no outside assistance. Our Independent Living community offers both cottage homes and villa apartments.

Assisted Living: Assisted Living provides Members assistance with the activities (ADLs) of daily living in an environment geared toward maximizing their independence. Our Members receive personalized care focused on their individual needs and goals.

Map of RidgeCrest