7 Assisted Living Facilities near Dobson, NC
Also serving communities of Elkin.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dobson area, with 2 in Dobson and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dobson. Better rated regions include Mount Airy with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dobson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Dobson, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dobson
Dobson, North Carolina is a small town known for its premier wineries. With just 1,573 residents, the city has about 444 individuals age 55 or older. The number of assisted living facilities for seniors, eight, is good given these figures. Seniors can get transportation, housekeeping, nursing, personal and health care services through these facilities, all of which are overseen by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dobson
- Seniors will get a financial break if they choose an ALF in Dobson which can improve overall quality of living and retirement enjoyment. Thanks to housing that’s 60 percent cheaper than the national average, the cost of living is 19 percent less than the rest of the country. Most other expenses are about the same as the national average.
- The overall comfort index in Dobson is lower than for the rest of the country, but the area is sunnier than average, and while rainfall is healthy (47 inches a year), snow is sparse (6 inches a year). The temperature range is 27 to 87 degrees Fahrenheit, meaning that seniors shouldn’t have too much trouble enjoying the outdoors and staying active.
- Dobson can offer seniors relatively good safety when it comes to violent crime which is lower than the average for the rest of the country, but property crime is 16.3 percent higher.
- Respiratory disease is common among seniors, but Dobson offers better than average air quality. Its National Air Toxics Assessment rank is 73 out of 100 (100 is best), compared to the national average of 58.
- Seniors can fill their retirement in Dobson, North Carolina with activities such as festivals (e.g, Surry Old Time Fiddlers Convention), Movies in the Park, the Dobson Farmer’s Market, Beaver Creek Golf Course, trout fishing and the North Carolina Civil War Trail Site.
- Dobson has no/few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Elkin.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dobson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Dobson start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dobson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dobson
The primary means of financial assistance for ALF services in North Carolina is the CAP/DA Medicaid Waiver, but additional help comes through the North Carolina Adult Care Home Assistance and Adult Care Home Special Care Unit programs. Social Security supplements also are available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dobson
Dobson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dobson, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dobson
Dobson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.