4 Assisted Living Facilities near Marble Falls, TX
Also serving communities of Burnet.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marble Falls area, with 3 in Marble Falls and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marble Falls is $2,748 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,595.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marble Falls. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marble Falls 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Horseshoe Bay with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marble Falls, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Marble Falls, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marble Falls
Nestled in the rolling Highland Lakes area of Texas, the small town of Marble Falls is full of scenic beauty. The big city experience is nearby, too, as Marble Falls is 48 miles north of the state capital, Austin, and 75 miles northwest of busy San Antonio. The city's total population is only about 7,000 people, but the area offers four assisted living communities for seniors.
The state of Texas designates two levels of assisted living. Type A facilities house residents able to evacuate on their own in an emergency, while Type B facilities serve residents who need overnight care and would need direction in case of an evacuation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marble Falls
- Marble Falls weather is hot and dry, with July high temperatures averaging 95 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows around 37 degrees. While its proximity to the Colorado River helps reduce some of the excess heat, Marble Falls may be uncomfortable for seniors whose health conditions are aggravated by high temperatures.
- The cost of living in Marble Falls is about 2 percent higher than the U.S. average, with the difference due to housing prices. Groceries in Marble Falls cost about 14 percent lower than the U.S. average, and health care expenses fall about 6 percent lower.
- The city's violent crime rate is 16.9 out of 100, while the U.S. average is 31.1. However, the property crime rate in Marble Falls is higher than the national average, at 58.4 versus 38.1. Seniors are encouraged to use caution, as property crimes can range from petty theft to larceny.
- The Central Area Rural Transportation System (CARTS) provides door-to-door Country Bus services in the central Texas area. Once to the city of Austin, riders may use the city's bus or rail lines. Seniors qualify for reduced rates.
- The Keller area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baylor Scott & White Hospital and Seton Highland Lakes hospital branches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Air quality in Marble Falls scores a 70, which is better than the U.S. average of 58. Its distance from larger cities, as well as fresh breezes from the lakes and river, may bring relief to those with breathing problems.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marble Falls
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Marble Falls start around $2,748 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marble Falls and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marble Falls
For seniors receiving SSI income or Medicaid or Medicare benefits, partial financing for assisted living fees may be supplemented by the state. For example, Texas's STAR+PLUS waiver is a Medicaid program that helps cover the costs of assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marble Falls
Marble Falls and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marble Falls, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marble Falls
Marble Falls-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Marble Falls, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marble Falls
Review of Gateway Villas and Gateway Gardens
Gateway Villas and Gateway Gardens have taken really good care of my mother. They provide good COVID protocols. They check on her about every two hours all day long, to make sure she makes it to he... Read more
Review of Arbor House of Marble Falls
We were impressed with Arbor House of Marble Falls and my mother liked it. It's very nice and the apartments were very nice and well laid out. The amenities were very good. They seemed to have quit... Read more
Review of Arbor House of Marble Falls
I liked Arbor House of Marble Falls at first, but unfortunately it had 40 residents in the assisted living part and my mother needed a little bit more one-on-one care. They give them pendants to we... Read more