2 Assisted Living Facilities near Galveston, TX
There are 2 Assisted Living Facilities in the Galveston area, with 1 in Galveston and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Galveston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Galveston 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Galveston, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Galveston, TX
1 Assisted Living Facility near Galveston, TX
Promotion ends in 8 days!
Lease by May 31 and your community fee is only $500.* That's a savings of up to $1,500! See our S... (more)
Other Options in Galveston, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Galveston
Review of Concord Assisted Living
We recently visited Concord Assisted Living for an open house and found the home welcoming, clean and very comfortable. It is located in a quiet neighborhood, with Gulf Coast breezes, near communit... Read more
Assisted Living near Galveston County, TX
More Options Near Galveston, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Galveston
There are many attractions in the Galveston, Texas area for senior citizens to enjoy. From antique shops to the famed Moody Gardens, there is something for everyone to do here. Senior citizens have one assisted living option within Galveston. There are seven others Texas City and League City, as well as other nearby cities. The Texas Health and Human Services monitors assisted living facilities throughout the state. The facilities are divided into two types, depending on care needs and evacuation assistance requirements.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Galveston
- Galveston is known for hot summers and mild winters. Lows in January dip down to around 48 degrees Fahrenheit and highs in July top out at around 89 degrees Fahrenheit. It doesn’t usually snow in Galveston, but the city gets around 46 inches of rain with around 203 sunny days annually.
- The air quality in Galveston is better than many places in the country. The U.S. average air quality score is 58. Galveston’s score is 81. The system rates are based on scale of a one to 100, with one being the worst. Assisted living residents who have respiratory challenges may benefit from the air here.
- The cost of living index in Galveston is a bit lower than the national index. The city’s overall index is 97.6, whereas the national average is 100. The health cost index is 99 here, which means people pay around the national average for their health care needs.
- The crime rate is a bit on the high side in Galveston. The rankings go from one, which is the least crime rate, to 100, which is the highest crime rate. The national average for property crime is 38.1, but Galveston comes in at 63.5. Galveston violent crime ranks at 43.5, with the national average lower at 31.1.
- Galveston is home to a plethora of art and culture The beaches appeal to many people, but that isn’t all that you can find here. World-class museums, festivals and live performing arts provide many options for seniors. Downtown Galveston is home to ArtWalk, galleries and theaters.
- The Galveston area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Galveston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Galveston start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Galveston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Galveston
Seniors who need help to pay for assisted living might rely on help from the state’s Community Care for Aged and Disabled program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Galveston
Galveston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Galveston, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Galveston
Galveston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.