8 Assisted Living Facilities near Tullahoma, TN
Also serving communities of Lynchburg.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Tullahoma area, with 3 in Tullahoma and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Tullahoma is $3,625 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Manchester with an average starting cost of $2,640.
To help you with your search, browse the 20 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Tullahoma. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Tullahoma 2.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Manchester with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Tullahoma, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Tullahoma, TN
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Tullahoma, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Tullahoma
Located between Nashville and Chattanooga, Tullahoma is a small town that is known as a world leader in flight and engineering research. It offers small coffee shops, antique stores and several lakes and natural areas for seniors who love to explore.
Tullahoma has a healthy senior population of around 3,600, some of whom require assistance with daily living. To help provide homes for these seniors, there are eight assisted living facilities in the area. These facilities are most often referred to as assisted care living facilities. They are regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Tullahoma
- Average temperatures in Tullahoma range from 87 degrees to 28 degrees throughout the year. Summers are hot, humid and often rainy, and winters are cold and short.
- The cost of living index in Tullahoma is 86.2, which is based on the national average of 100. This makes the city an affordable option for seniors looking for a place to retire. The city’s cost of living average is also lower than the state average of 96.
- Crime in Tullahoma is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Violent crime is ranked 50.6, which is higher than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is ranked 51.7, which is also higher than the national average of 38.1. Seniors may want to inquire about the safety measures of prospective assisted living facilities before making a decision.
- For transportation, the MidCumberland Public Transportation system is available for seniors at discounted fares. Curb-to-Curb rides are available at flexible schedules to meet the needs of seniors in the area. Rides are available on a first-come, first serve basis and advanced notice is not required.
- The Tullahoma area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tennova Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tullahoma has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Coffee County Senior Citizens, Inc., an organization that coordinates services for seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Tullahoma
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Tullahoma start around $3,625 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Tullahoma and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Tullahoma
Two Medicaid waivers help seniors pay for assisted living care in Tullahoma and other parts of the state. This includes the Long-Term Services and Supports waiver and the CHOICES program. Medicaid limits the amount a facility can charge for room and board to 80 percent of the personal needs allowance (PNA). For seniors who need additional help, family supplementation is permitted up to the maximum allowable charges for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Tullahoma
Tullahoma and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Tullahoma, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Tullahoma
Tullahoma-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Tullahoma, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Tullahoma
Review of Life Care Center of Tullahoma
Staff is overall sweet but WAY overworked so your loved one doesn't receive the care or attention needed. Food is HORRIFIC. Over the course of a year's worth of visits, there was not one meal I wou... Read more
Review of Morning Pointe of Tullahoma
My mother has been in Morning Pointe of Tullahoma for a year now. It is in our hometown, and when we compared, the comparisons were about the same. My mother happen to know some people who are ther... Read more
Review of Morning Pointe of Tullahoma
My dad was at Morning Pointe of Tullahoma. They didn’t know how to handle memory care patients. Within a 2-month period, he was twice kicked out into psychiatric hospital. After the second one, the... Read more