3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lawrenceburg, TN
Also serving communities of Waynesboro.
The average cost of assisted living in Lawrenceburg is $2,470 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Pulaski with an average starting cost of $2,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lawrenceburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lawrenceburg 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pulaski with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lawrenceburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Review of The Summit Senior Living Community
I was very favorably impressed with The Summit. The facility was clean and easy to get around in. The residents seemed very happy and comfortable. The staff was very cordial and willing to help. No... Read more
Review of Country Cottage - Lawrenceburg
Country Cottage Lawrenceburg is probably my favorite. The rooms were a little small, but I like dthem. They have Bingo, a piano, a dining area, and a patio. The staff member I met was very nice. ... Read more
Review of Keestone of Lawrenceburg
Keestone of Lawrenceburg wasn't ready for my visit and they didn't realize I was coming. At first, the person there seemed a little irritated that I was there. I didn't feel like the tour was compl... Read more
Assisted Living near Lawrence County, TN
More Options Near Lawrenceburg, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg is a suburban city in Lawrence County that is considered one of the best places to retire in Tennessee. With approximately 2,200 seniors living in the city limits, there are three assisted living facilities in the area to provide homes for those who need help with daily living tasks.
Regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health, assisted living communities are called assisted care living facilities that provide room and board and medical services, or residential homes for the aged that provide room and board and personal care for four or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
- The city of Lawrenceburg is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Southern Tennessee Regional Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who need rides to and from medical appointments, for shopping trips and other errands can take advantage of the South Central Tennessee Development District (SCTDD) at discount fares. All buses are ADA approved for those with disabilities.
- Lawrenceburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency for Aging, an organization that provides services to seniors in the area, as well as one senior center.
- The cost of living index in Lawrenceburg is 83, which is considerably less than the national average of 100. This makes the city an affordable location for seniors in assisted living on a budget. The cost of living is also lower than the state average.
- Crime in Lawrenceburg is higher than the national average for both property crime and violent crime. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the cost of living index is 73.5 for violent crime and 69.3 for property crime. This is compared to the national averages of 31.1 and 38.1.
- Summers in Lawrenceburg are hot and humid with average July highs around 88 degrees. Winters are cold with average lows around 26. The city does get around four inches of snow and 57 inches of rain. With 202 sunny days per year, the city still provides plenty of opportunities throughout the year to get outside.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Lawrenceburg start around $2,470 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lawrenceburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lawrenceburg
Financial assistance is available for eligible seniors in Lawrenceburg who need help paying for an assisted care living facility with two Tennessee Medicaid waivers. The Long-Term Services and Supports offer long-term help for seniors who require medical or some other support service. The CHOICES program is for seniors 65 and older with a physical disability.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lawrenceburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lawrenceburg
Lawrenceburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.