5 Assisted Living Facilities near Adams, TN
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Adams area, with 1 in Adams and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Adams. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Adams 2.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Springfield with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Adams, call (855) 863-8283.
1 Assisted Living Facility in Adams, TN
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Adams, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Adams
Review of Whitehaven Assisted Living Hme
We chose Whitehaven for my mother-in-law. We like that it's small, prepare the meals, have 24-hour nursing care, and in country setting. It had large grounds on it where you can go outside. Their s... Read more
Review of Whitehaven Assisted Living Hme
I would NOT recommend this facility. I was assured this was a secure facility for Alzheimer's patients and after only 6 days, my aunt was able to leave the premises and walk to a major highway. I... Read more
Assisted Living near Robertson County, TN
More Options Near Adams, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Adams
Adams is a quaint historic community in Robertson County, central Tennessee, where seniors can experience small-town living in a peaceful setting. There are two assisted living facilities in all of Robertson County, including one in the town of Adams and another in nearby Springfield.
Assisted-care living facilities in Robertson County, including those in Adams, are licensed by the Tennessee Department of Health. Assisted-care living facilities in Tennessee provide room, board and personal nonmedical care for aged individuals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Adams
Hot, humid summers in Adams can potentially cause problems for seniors with health issues exacerbated by heat. Fairly mild winters with alternating periods of cool and cold weather let active seniors participate in outdoor activities throughout the winter months.
- The cost of living in Adams is lower than the national average, an important consideration for seniors on a budget. Some of the things that cost less in Adams than in the rest of the United States include health care, transportation and groceries.
- Adams has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Springfield.
- Robertson County, where Adams is located, has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Robertson County Senior Center in nearby Springfield, an organization that offers programmed activities on-site as well as providing off-site field trips for seniors.
- Crime rates are high in Adams and its surrounding communities in Robertson County. Nearby Springfield has a crime rate that is higher than the national median as well as higher than the average for the state of Tennessee. However, within the region, Adams is considered one of the safest neighborhoods in and around Springfield.
- As a rural community, Adams doesn't have a local bus system that operates within the town limits. Seniors in Adams can use Mid-Cumberland Public Transit, a curb-to-curb rural transportation system designed to provide inexpensive access to medical appointments, shopping and activities with advanced reservations. Lift-equipped vehicles are available for mobility-impaired seniors, and priority is given to reservations for travel to medical appointments.
Paying for Assisted Living in Adams
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Adams start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Adams and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Adams
Seniors who are eligible for TennCare, the Medicaid program for the state of Tennessee, may qualify for financial assistance to help pay for the cost of living in an assisted-care living facility. This financial assistance is provided through the TennCare CHOICES program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Adams
Adams and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Adams, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Adams
Adams-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.