6 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarksville, TN
The average cost of assisted living in Clarksville is $2,804 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 41 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clarksville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clarksville 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Springfield with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clarksville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarksville, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clarksville
Clarksville is the fifth-largest city in the state of Tennessee and one of the oldest, too. The area is steeped in history, but there’s also a youthful vibrancy suitable for the young and the young at heart. Only 7.8 percent of the 153,205 people who call Clarksville home are 65 years of age or older, but those seniors have five options for long-term residential care. Those assisted living communities are categorized as assisted care living facilities (ACLF) by the state of Tennessee, which licenses and regulates each facility under the auspices of the Department of Health’s Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clarksville
- Clarksville only gets 4 inches of snow per year, but those relatively mild winters are met by hot, humid summers with temperatures that peak around 89 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors with medical conditions exacerbated by heat and humidity may find Clarksville an uncomfortable place to live.
- The crime rate in Clarksville is above the national average, with violent crime in the city rated 53.4 out of 100 versus 31.1 for the U.S. as a whole, which may be concerning to seniors worried about safety.
- Thanks to an overall cost of living eight points under the national average, Clarksville offers seniors an affordable alternative to some other similarly sized cities across the United States.
- Arts and culture enthusiasts will enjoy Clarksville’s unique combination of historic venues, museums and military reenactments. A few highlights include the art-deco brilliance of Roxy Regional Theatre, which puts on live shows throughout the year, and the Fort Defiance Park & Interpretive Center, which is dedicated to the Civil War.
- Seniors can use the Mid-Cumberland HRA’s public transit system to get around Clarksville and broader Montgomery County. Riders 60 years of age and older are eligible for the MCHRA’s IIB Program, which provides free rides for local seniors.
- The Clarksville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tenova Healthcare–Clarksville and Blanchfield Army Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clarksville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Clarksville start around $2,804 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clarksville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clarksville
Seniors in Tennessee who are exploring their options for long-term care will soon discover that the state has several programs offering financial and other support for in-home care and peripheral services, however there is only one Medicaid-affiliated initiative specifically for low-income seniors interested in assisted living placement. Seniors who qualify for nursing home placement and Medicaid assistance can use the CHOICES program to fund Home and Community Based Services (HCBS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clarksville
Clarksville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clarksville, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clarksville
Clarksville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Clarksville, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clarksville
Review of Jubilee House on Warfield
My family and I toured this community and it was beautiful. Tammy was awesome she made us feel so welcomed. This is definitely the place we would love to see our loved one be a part of. Read more
Review of Jubilee House on Warfield
My parent has been living here since last year and our experience has been pretty good. I like their staff; they're trained very well. It's a brand new community and it's good. Their staff is reall... Read more
Review of Arcadia Senior Living Clarksville
My Mother’s condition was deteriorating and when I brought this to the attention of on-site management they kept putting off getting a diagnosis just claiming it was a UTI. Turns out she had pneumo... Read more