24 Assisted Living Facilities near Goose Creek, SC
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Goose Creek area, with 2 in Goose Creek and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Goose Creek is $2,430 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 193 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Goose Creek. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Goose Creek 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Charleston with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Goose Creek, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Goose Creek, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Goose Creek
Business Week called Goose Creek the best place to raise a family in South Carolina. It’s located just minutes from Charleston and close to the beautiful coastal beaches, making it ideal for active seniors. Goose Creek has a population of nearly 43,000, and 9.7 percent of these residents are age 65 and older. Seniors who need support for the activities of daily living have two assisted living facilities available in Goose Creek. Nearby cities, including Charleston and Mount Pleasant, offer an additional 21 assisted living communities.
In Goose Creek as in the rest of South Carolina, assisted living communities are called community residential care facilities (CRCFs). They are licensed by the state Board of Health and Environmental Control, Division of Health Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Goose Creek
- Thanks to its location on the Atlantic Coast just north of Savannah and south of Myrtle Beach, Goose Creek provides beachcombing seniors with abundant shorelines to stroll. History buffs may appreciate its proximity to Charleston, a unique 300-year-old city that was an 18th-century seaport. Cultural opportunities in nearby Charleston include the ballet, symphony, and a vibrant performing and gallery arts scene.
- Seniors should bring umbrellas and rain gear to Goose Creek. It gets an average of 50 inches of annual rainfall. The summers are hot and humid, with an average high of 91 degrees in July, making air conditioning a must.
- The overall cost of living in Goose Creek is on par with the U.S. average, but seniors can expect to pay less for housing and groceries. Transportation and utility costs are a bit higher than the national averages.
- Good air quality in Berkeley County’s Goose Creek means outdoor-loving seniors can breathe easy. The American Lung Association grades the city with an “A” for ozone pollution.
- The Goose Creek area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Trident Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Crime rates in Goose Creek are in line with the national averages. The city’s violent crime ranking is 19.7 out of 100, with 100 being high crime, slightly lower than the U.S. average of 22.7. Property crime in Goose Creek is rated 35.4, which is exactly equal to the U.S. average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Goose Creek
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Goose Creek start around $2,430 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Goose Creek and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Goose Creek
Seniors in South Carolina can get help paying for assisted living through one or both of the state’s two subsidy programs: South Carolina’s OSS program and Healthy Connections, South Carolina’s Medicaid program. Its Community Choices Waiver program lets seniors who are eligible for nursing home care choose assisted living if it’s a viable option.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Goose Creek
Goose Creek and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Goose Creek, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Goose Creek Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Goose Creek
Goose Creek-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Goose Creek, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Goose Creek
Review of Pinewood Place
My mom moved into the Pinewood Place. They've been great, they've been wonderful about communication and appropriate care for her. Mary is the person I've been dealing with the most, and she has be... Read more
Review of Quality Care Residential Home
My mother is a resident at Quality Care. She has lived there for a year and a half. I have been pleased with how well she has done in this facility since moving in. She has actually improved fro... Read more
Review of Quality Care Residential Home
When I went to visit this facility I was very pleased. It is clean, warm and inviting. The staff and Administrator were very helpful in answering my questions. Several residents looked happy and ve... Read more