5 Assisted Living Facilities near Georgetown, SC
Also serving communities of Mc Clellanville.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Georgetown area, with 3 in Georgetown and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 21 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Georgetown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Georgetown 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pawleys Island with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Georgetown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Georgetown, SC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Georgetown
South Carolina’s third oldest city lies halfway between Myrtle Beach and Charleston. Historic Georgetown offers seniors oak-lined streets ideal for walking and a charming waterfront downtown area with a handicapped-accessible Harborwalk. Adults aged 65 and older make up about 16.4% of Georgetown’s population of approximately 8,800. To support these senior residents who need help with personal care, meal preparation and medications, Georgetown offers three community residential care facilities (CRCFs). Nearby Pawleys Island provides seniors with two more assisted living options.
The South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control’s Division of Health Licensing regulates CRCFs in Georgetown and the rest of the Palmetto State.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Georgetown
- Georgetown has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bureau of Aging Services, which offers classes, programs, activities and supportive services as well as overseeing six senior centers in Georgetown County, four of which are in the city of Georgetown.
- Seniors living in Georgetown benefit from South Carolina’s tax-friendly treatment of retirees. The state does not tax Social Security benefits and offers seniors a $15,000 deduction on other types of retirement income.
- The Georgetown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tidelands Georgetown Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Georgetown seniors aged 55 and over pay less than a dollar to ride The Coast RTA busses. Additionally, the nonprofit Neighbor to Neighbor volunteer-based transportation service in Georgetown County provides eligible seniors with rides to essential services, including medical appointments, grocery shopping, worship services and banking errands.
- Seniors who enjoy outdoor activities year-round should consider that Georgetown receives an average of 54 inches of rain per year. This is much higher than the national average of 38 inches. July and August are quite hot and humid, with an average high around 91 degrees. Even though the city averages 51 days in which the temperature tops 90 degrees, it’s one of the cooler places in South Carolina.
- Security-conscious seniors and their families may be concerned by Georgetown’s crime rates, which are significantly higher than the U.S. averages. Violent crime in Georgetown ranks a 56.9 on a 100-point scale, and the national average is 22.7. Property crime in Georgetown scores a very high 70.9, twice that of the U.S. average of 35.4.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Georgetown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Georgetown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Georgetown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Georgetown
Georgetown seniors may be eligible for South Carolina’s Optional State Supplementation Program (OSS). It provides cash assistance to approved Community Residential Care Facilities to help cover assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Georgetown
Georgetown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Georgetown, please visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Georgetown
Georgetown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Georgetown, SC
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Georgetown
Review of OASIS RESIDENTIAL HOME
the facility have an terrible smell , the residents body and clothing are dirty !!! the food need to be prepared by a licensed dietitian not someone with no experience on the right way to prepare m... Read more
Review of OASIS RESIDENTIAL HOME
The owner is very attentive to clients needs. The staff is kind. The facility has activities such as bingo and chair exercise every morning form 9-11 am. Resident go out to eat as well as for holid... Read more
Review of Morningside of Georgetown
My Mama became a resident, hesitantly at first, after living alone for quite some time. After a week she was "at home"! Once again involved and enjoying her life. The loving care she received and ... Read more