15 Assisted Living Facilities near Hollidaysburg, PA
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hollidaysburg area, with 4 in Hollidaysburg and 11 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 22 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hollidaysburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hollidaysburg 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lilly with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hollidaysburg, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Hollidaysburg, PA
11 Assisted Living Facilities near Hollidaysburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hollidaysburg
Hollidaysburg is a southern suburb of Altoona, tucked within the rolling Allegheny mountains and surrounded by Pennsylvania's rich public game lands. A little more than 29% of Hollidaysburg's 5,700 people are seniors aged 65 and over, with 13 assisted living facilities around town to support them. These facilities, like all residential care communities in the state, are licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services Assisted Living Residence Licensing division.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hollidaysburg
- The weather in Hollidaysburg is fairly seasonal, with clearly defined spring and fall climates. Summertime highs average 81 degrees in July and August, while December and January lows dip to an average of 18 degrees. Hollidaysburg rests in a valley between ridges, but the cool mountain air and annual 42 inches of rain can be problematic for some seniors with COPD or other breathing issues.
- The cost of living in Hollidaysburg is low by national standards. Across all expense categories combined, families in Hollidaysburg pay an average of 89% the typical national cost for housing and other common expenses. Seniors pay healthcare costs in Hollidaysburg that are just 86.6% of the national median amount.
Crime rates in Hollidaysburg are spectacularly low, even by rural Pennsylvania's standards. In all crime categories combined, Hollidaysburg sees less than one-fifth the typical national crime rate, while violent crime is even rarer. This makes Hollidaysburg a very safe place for seniors who enjoy the outdoors and public events, especially during the warm summer evenings.
- Public transportation in Hollidaysburg is provided by Amtran, which operates nearly a dozen regular bus routes through the town and its surrounding area. Bus service operates six days a week, excluding Sundays. Seniors in Hollidaysburg can get a discount on all scheduled route fares with a valid Medicare card. Seniors aged 65 and over ride for free with a valid transit ID, which may be obtained from any Amtran office.
- The Hollidaysburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Conemaugh Nason Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Hollidaysburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Blair Senior Services, an organization that provides caregiver support and adult education for seniors in its Altoona facility, as well as more than four senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hollidaysburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Hollidaysburg start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hollidaysburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hollidaysburg
Seniors in Hollidaysburg who need help with the cost of senior living may qualify for Community HealthChoices (CHC). This program covers many care expenses for seniors who qualify for both Medicare and Medicaid. Seniors can also use SSI to help pay for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hollidaysburg
Hollidaysburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hollidaysburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hollidaysburg
Hollidaysburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hollidaysburg
Review of Presbyterian Village at Hollidaysburg
My dad was at Presbyterian Village at Hollidaysburg and it was very nice. They had different levels; that was what made it so nice. They had different houses. If you need assistance, they have care... Read more
Review of Garvey Manor Nursing Home
My mother began to call this her home and everyone there her family. She started out in an independent living apartment, but after several years, she needed more care and transferred to a personal... Read more
Review of Presbyterian Village at Hollidaysburg
I looked at the Presbyterian Home, and it was nice. You couldn't find a parking place there. You had to park off on the side street. It's not real convenient. I checked out the rooms, and they were... Read more