16 Assisted Living Facilities near Duncansville, PA
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Duncansville area, with 3 in Duncansville and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Duncansville is $2,660 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 26 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Duncansville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Duncansville 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lilly with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Duncansville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Duncansville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Duncansville
Settled by Samuel Duncan on one side of a stream and by Jacob Walters on the other, Duncansville's name was decided on the toss of a coin. Approximately 1,200 people call Duncansville home today and 23% of them are aged 65 and over. Some of the town's seniors may seek assistance when the tasks of daily living become too difficult to complete. To accommodate this group, there are three assisted living facilities in town and 13 more in nearby communities.
In Pennsylvania, including Duncansville, assisted living residences (ALRs) are regulated by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Duncansville
- At 83.2, Duncansville's cost of living is 17% lower than the national and state averages. This is due largely to lower housing and healthcare costs. Seniors requiring frequent healthcare may save a bit of money to put toward their assisted living budget.
- Duncansville's violent crime rate is 8.3, and its property crime rate is 16.4. These stats are much lower the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively. Despite the low crime rates, seniors touring assisted living facilities may wish to ask what security measures have been implemented on the property.
- With summer highs in July around 82 degrees and winter lows in January hitting 19, Duncansville's climate may appeal to seniors who enjoy a varying climates.
- According to the EPA, Duncansville has an air quality 22 points higher than the national average of 58. This may mean that seniors with asthma and other respiratory ailments might be able to breathe more easily here.
- Pennsylvania seniors like those in Duncansville live in a tax-friendly state where seniors are exempt from taxes on retirement income such as IRAs, Social Security or 401(k)s. This could give seniors a little more money for assisted living fees.
- Duncansville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Altoona.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Duncansville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Duncansville start around $2,660 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Duncansville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Duncansville
In Duncansville and the rest of the state, seniors who receive for SSI may be eligible for help paying for assisted living costs. According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors can't be charged more than their monthly income for assisted living service.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Duncansville
Duncansville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Duncansville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Duncansville
Duncansville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Duncansville
Review of The Winds At Mattern Orchard
Our Mom just passed on after 3 years at the Winds. We were impressed with the continuity of and gentleness of care. The activities director is superb and keeps residents engaged. Excellent experi... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Altoona
My mom has just moved into Elmcroft of Altoona. It has been very good positive experience. The staff has been very welcoming. My mom's apartment is lovely and very nice. It is a studio deluxe, so i... Read more
Review of The Winds At Mattern Orchard
My impression of The Winds At Mattern Orchard was good. Their rooms were nice and there's also a courtyard with gardens. There are various activities the residents can do. The food was very good an... Read more