12 Assisted Living Facilities near Brockport, NY
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brockport area, with 1 in Brockport and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brockport is $3,700 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Hilton with an average starting cost of $2,150.
To help you with your search, browse the 118 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brockport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brockport 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brockport, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Brockport, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brockport
Brockport, New York, is called “The Victorian Village on the Erie Canal” because of its historic Canalfront Welcome Center that greets boaters and its museum without walls that offers walking tours and art. It’s a place where water- and history-loving seniors can feel right at home. To make it easy for them to live nearby, there is one assisted living facility within the village, but there are 17 in nearby Rochester, about 20 minutes away from Brockport. The New York State Department of Health regulates three types of assisted living communities in the Brockport area: adult homes, enriched housing programs and residences for adults.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brockport
- Brockport has a low cost of living when compared to New York and the national average. The lowest cost in the village is for housing. With national average at 100 and New York State at 151, Brockport has a housing cost of 59. That low number is ideal for seniors who need housing on a budget. The price of groceries and health is also lower than state and national averages.
- The village does see some crime, which might worry seniors living in the area. Brockport has a property crime rate of 48, which is quite a bit higher than New York State’s rate of only 19. Violent crime is also pretty high at 50 with New York State violent crime rate at 31.
- Since Brockport is located in the northeast U.S. and right near Canada, it has plenty of snow in winter. The village sees an average of 79 inches of snow a year. The wintry weather could affect seniors susceptible to cold as well as hinder travel in case of emergencies. Summer months can get pretty warm, too, with average July temperatures reaching 81 degrees. High temperatures can also be dangerous to seniors.
- Brockport has good air quality. The National Air Toxics Assessment rates the village at 79 (with 100 being the best). Seniors with respiratory illnesses can breath easier in the village. High air quality levels also mean there is a lower cancer risk from pollutants.
- New York State does not tax Social Security. This means seniors living Brockport get to keep the entire check for themselves.
- The Brockport Village area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Strong West, in the event of medical emergencies or illness. Strong West is part of Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, located about 20 minutes from the city center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brockport
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Brockport start around $3,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brockport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brockport
New York State helps to pay for assisted living through the state Assisted Living Program. This program is for seniors with Medicaid or those paying out of pocket.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brockport
Brockport and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brockport, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brockport
Brockport-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brockport
Review of Brookdale Brockport
Brookdale Brockport appeared nice. The staff during the visit was very helpful, very forthcoming, and very nice. The apartments were good sized, and the residents get to do whatever they want with ... Read more
Review of Brookdale Brockport
My mother will be moving into Brookdale Brockport. When I went to visit, I got a very good feeling about the place. Amy took us on the tour and I absolutely loved her energy and her enthusiasm. She... Read more
Review of Brookdale Brockport
We moved mom into Brookdale because of location. I'm not really happy with the facility, we have had multiple issues with the services such as help with cleaning and laundry. I made three phone cal... Read more