The 3 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Leroy, NY for 2023
Also serving communities of Batavia, Geneseo.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Leroy area, with 2 in Leroy and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Leroy is $3,030 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Leroy. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Leroy 1.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brockport with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Leroy, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Leroy, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Leroy
LeRoy is a town in Genesee County, New York, that covers about 42 square miles and is home to about 7,300 residents. It's projected that about 17% of the local population is age 65 and over. Local seniors who don't drive can get around the city via public transportation provided by RTS Genesee, which gives seniors a 50% discount on fares.
In LeRoy, seniors that need assistance with daily living activities have two assisted living facilities to choose from. These facilities are officially called adult care facilities, and they are governed by the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Leroy
- LeRoy's overall cost of living is about 15% lower than the national average and 45% lower than the statewide average. Healthcare is especially affordable at about 10% below the national median. This may make the town a good option for budget-conscious seniors.
- LeRoy's crime rate is below regional and national averages, which may appeal to seniors who enjoy being active in the community. On a 100-point index, its violent crime rate is 10.3 and its property crime rate is 25.1, both of which are about 10 points lower than the respective national averages.
- Compared to the rest of New York, LeRoy's weather is fairly cool. The hottest month of the year is July when highs are around 81 degrees, and the coldest month is January with lows in the mid-teens. To ensure that they're comfortable all year, seniors may want to choose an assisted living facility that has individual climate controls in residents' apartments.
- Seniors with conditions like asthma and COPD may benefit from LeRoy's clean air. On a 100-point scale, the town's air quality is rated 85, compared to the national average of 58.
- In LeRoy, seniors only pay state income tax on private pension income and withdrawals from retirement savings accounts, and they can claim a large deduction to minimize the tax burden. Social Security benefits and government pensions are not taxed at the state level in New York.
- The LeRoy area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Rochester.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Leroy
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Leroy start around $3,030 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Leroy and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Leroy
In LeRoy, seniors who are unable to afford assisted living may receive financial assistance through one the Medicaid State Plan and the Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) waiver program. Supplemental Security Income beneficiaries may also use the optional state supplement to pay for services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Leroy
Leroy and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Leroy, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Leroy
Leroy-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Leroy
Review of Leroy Manor
I am looking for a Medicaid facility for my mother. Le Roy Manor has been recommended to me by friends who have had their own mothers there. This has been very hard and I have to say most facilitie... Read more
Review of Leroy Manor
This is a Very sad, dingy and dirty place to see a loved one have to live. The state needs to inspect more often. The employees didn't seem to be very professional or have much knowledge of mental ... Read more
Review of Leroy Manor
My Brother-In-Law lived there for one year. He was admitted to Strong Hospital last week. They claimed they notified us. When I called to check in on him, I found that he was at Strong. They claime... Read more