Assisted Living Facilities in Warsaw, NY
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warsaw. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warsaw 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Clarence Center with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warsaw, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Warsaw, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warsaw
Warsaw is located in Wyoming County, New York, just between Buffalo and Rochester. Within town limits sits the Village of Warsaw, which acts as the county seat. With more than 20 percent of the village population over the age of 65, senior residents have strong representation in the area.
New York assisted living facilities are called assisted living residences (ALRs), and they are regulated and licensed through the New York Department of Health. ALRs must provide 24-hour monitoring on site and offer case management, food and care services in a home-like setting. Warsaw seniors are limited to one assisted living facility in the area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warsaw
- The low cost of living in Warsaw is excellent for seniors on a budget. Overall, the cost of living is 19 percent lower than the national average with significant savings in housing, which comes in at 51 percent lower than average.
- Seniors should note safety concerns because the Warsaw crime rate is higher than the national average. Property crime is 11.3 percent higher than the national average, and violent crime is 21.4 percent higher.
- The Warsaw area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Batavia.
- Seniors who enjoy snowy holidays will have hours of fun in the 99 inches of snow the area averages each year, almost four times the United States average of 26. The town is more suitable for those who prefer colder weather, with average temperatures reaching 79 degrees Fahrenheit in July and dropping to 15 degrees in January.
- Regional Transit Service (RTS) buses serve the town of Warsaw and surrounding areas with fixed bus routes. Seniors over the age of 60 are eligible for reduced fares.
- New York is a retirement-friendly tax state that exempts Social Security benefits and pensions paid by New York state or local government entities. For those with taxable pensions, seniors over the age of 59.5 years may qualify for a $20,000 annuity and pension exclusion.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warsaw
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Warsaw start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warsaw and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warsaw
All New York seniors who need financial aid to help cover the cost of assisted living can take advantage of the state's two Medicaid waiver programs. The Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers include the Managed Long Term Care (MLTC) waiver to help provide care services and the Assisted Living Program (ALP) to help with room and board costs of assisted living facilities for those who require a nursing home level of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warsaw
Warsaw and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warsaw, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warsaw
Warsaw-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warsaw
Review of The Cloisters
We went to The Cloisters before, we have a family member that's gone there, and it was excellent. It's excellent now, they've done the renovations. It's very neat, very clean. All the employees are... Read more
Review of The Cloisters
My mother has been a resident at the Cloisters for several (over 6) years now. They also took care of my father before we had to move him to a nursing facility. There have been a ton up updates i... Read more
Review of The Cloisters
We placed my father at The Cloisters, as it is the closest to our house. It is wonderful. The facility is clean, and it has no odors at all. The grounds are very nice and well-kept up. There is a s... Read more