9 Assisted Living Facilities near Marionville, MO
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marionville area, with 2 in Marionville and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marionville is $3,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,635.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marionville. Better rated regions include Aurora with an average rating of 2.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marionville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Marionville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marionville
Marionville is a small town with a population of approximately 2,225. Nestled in the center of the Ozarks, this quaint community is known for its adventurous white squirrels which have roamed neighborhoods since the late 1800s. Many seniors decide to age in this peaceful Ozark community; nearly 25% of residents are aged 65 and older. Residents seeking help with daily care can choose from more than 20 assisted living facilities in the Marionville area.
The Department of Health and Senior Services establishes and regulates guidelines for assisted living communities in Marionville, including intermediate care facilities and residential care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marionville
- Marionville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Aurora.
- Seniors who enjoy sunshine may want to choose a facility with an outdoor pool, as summers in Marionville are typically hot and humid. Winters are chilly and sometimes bring snow and ice, so elderly residents often prefer a community with indoor walkways. Throughout the year, temperatures typically stay between the mid-20s and high 80s, though higher and lower temperatures are possible.
- Budget-minded seniors may appreciate the low housing costs in Marionville that fall nearly a third below the U.S. average. Marionville has an overall cost of living score of just 77.7 on a 100-point scale, meaning basic necessities often cost less here than other parts of Missouri and the United States.
- Marionville is safer than 11% of U.S. cities, but seniors may find it comforting that many of the crimes involve property damage rather than violence.
- Public transportation is limited in Marionville, but seniors can use the Springfield OATS Transit from Monday through Friday. Fares are requested, though not required, for seniors aged 60 and older.
- Due to its small size, Marionville has very few options for arts and cultural enrichment. However, seniors can visit nearby Springfield for the Springfield Art Museum and the African American Heritage Trail.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marionville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Marionville start around $3,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marionville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marionville
Marionville have several options for financial help with assisted living expenses, including the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program, the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver. Elderly Missouri residents must meet the income limits for MoHealthNet for Seniors prior to applying for state-managed financial assistance programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marionville
Marionville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marionville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marionville
Marionville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.